Dislimb

Mark Ingram 2018 Outlook

He's literally played only 2 games. In one he balled out like expected, the other he didn't like expected.

Yet some people have decided to ignore one game and focus on the other to seriously ask "Is he worth starting?" and be "a little worried"?. The knee jerking and lack of rationality in some people is absolutely laughable. I really hope that mentality doesn't extended beyond fantasy football.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Loots of overreaction to a road game vs arguably the best run defense 

Welcome to rotoworld. Can I get you something to drink?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This game had Kamara written all over it. Not surprised at the results. I’d sort of temper expectations for the next 2 weeks as well, but then weeks 10-16 wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes as a top 5 RB in those weeks. 

Week 5 worried me cause Ingram and Kamara combined only got ~20 touches.  Today ~30 and maybe more importantly the Saints pass/run split went run heavy which is when Ingram really balled out last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MellamoMike said:

Lots of people are gonna tell you of course he is Mark Ingram but I’m a little worried. 

This is how RB declines start. Hill is a worry now as well. I see him as a higher end flex really, I’m not sure you are gonna he able to count on him an RB2. 

Declining at 28? He doesn’t even have insane touches like some bell cow rbs do. He’s always shared carries. 

Aside from the top 7-8 set or forget running backs, if you have high-upside options like Marlon Mack or Philip Lindsay this week who have good match-ups, I can see how you can sit Ingram this week. Otherwise, you gotta start the guy - its not like the Vikings are gonna hold the Saints to below 10 points. There will definitely be opportunities in the redzone/ at the goal line.

• Like 1

Vikings are tough but I look at this game more of a shootout than then the Ravens game. Granted; both teams still scored in the 20’s but it was a slug fest until the 4th quarter. 

23 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Vikings are tough but I look at this game more of a shootout than then the Ravens game. Granted; both teams still scored in the 20’s but it was a slug fest until the 4th quarter. 

also it's a dome game - Drew Brees and this offense should revert to their usual offensive dominance on turf.

• Thanks 1

According to footballoutsiders Vikings D has had the easiest schedule thus far with an average opponent offence DVOA of -13.1%, and also Vikings D has the worst DVOA against RB receiving giving up a DVOA of 44.5%.  Tons of touches last week between Ingram and mini-Buck.  I like the chances he has a good game this week.

• Thanks 3

16 touches. 92 total yards. I'm satisfied with that. He looked good when he touched the ball. He just didn't get the red zone looks this week that Kamara did.

• Like 4

Very concerned that he didn't get the red zone plays.  He's the banger, no?  Yet they give the ball to Kamara at the 1?  If he's not getting the goal line looks, then his value is tenuous at best.  I feel lucky that I got 12 PPR points out of him tonight.

2 hours ago, CooL said:

Very concerned that he didn't get the red zone plays.  He's the banger, no?  Yet they give the ball to Kamara at the 1?  If he's not getting the goal line looks, then his value is tenuous at best.  I feel lucky that I got 12 PPR points out of him tonight.

I agree with you mostly, but I just think this one came down to Peyton believing this was a game better suited for Kamara. 

Regardless, Ingram will still always get his 15-20 total touches with goal line/ red zone looks.  And their schedule definitely eases up now. They just went back to back against two of the very best run defenses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CooL said:

Did you watch the game? Kamara took a short pass to the 1 yard line and then they did hurry up and pounded it in. 

Both a "he deserved it" and a strategic move there to give it to kamara. 

I'm not advocating hes an RB1 or anything, but i think he'll still get GL looks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good game from Ingram tbh. He didn't get the goal line looks but he was more efficient than Kamara on the ground and in the air when the final whistle blew. His bad first half seemed to be the play calls. Those first half carries seemed to be running between the center and the guard, it wasn't until he started getting calls to run outside the tackle did he create those 5-6-7 yard gains. Next week is going to suck and at 3-5 I think this is a game I have to sit him and look for a guy on the waiver with maybe a lower floor but a higher ceiling play. He ran hard when he wasn't plodding up the centers arse. 

4 hours ago, Guwop said:

Might try and buy him now with all the overreacting going on

I did exactly that. I think with Kamara going bonkers early this season people forget that Ingram is a legit RB and gets a decent amount of work. You can get him fairly cheap at this point. Kamara is awesome, but that doesn't mean Ingram isn't good. They're pretty much the best fantasy RB duo.

5 hours ago, jamesisharden said:

Did you watch the game? Kamara took a short pass to the 1 yard line and then they did hurry up and pounded it in. 

Both a "he deserved it" and a strategic move there to give it to kamara. 

I'm not advocating hes an RB1 or anything, but i think he'll still get GL looks.

This. 

I still think ingram will get the goal line opportunities moving forward. You always see this scenario. A guy goes all out for a touchdown but gets stopped just short. Team usually tries to get him in the next play or 2. 

This trend of kamara getting the gl touches started last year, something like 8 to 1 in favor of Kamara to finish out the season