nine9s

Calvin Ridley 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

34 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

Just bought in. I can’t seem to find his snap count numbers. I remember before they were on the lower side.

Dont use that as an indicator...i mean its a nice stat to see high % of snaps but i have been fooled by that one before...he tied sanu with 47

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Edited by Power-O
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Power-O said:

Dont use that as an indicator...i mean its a nice stat to see high % of snaps but i have been fooled by that one before...he tied sanu with 47

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Exactly. Zay Jones plays the whole game. He’s not good to say the least 

Idk what to do with this guy. On one hand he’s in a good offense and definitely has the talent but as with most rookie receivers, he lacks a consistent relationship with his QB. 

Do you think you can rely on this guy to put up 6+ points for 3 weeks straight in the playoffs? What do y’all think his trade value is?

1 minute ago, Jrt80 said:

Idk what to do with this guy. On one hand he’s in a good offense and definitely has the talent but as with most rookie receivers, he lacks a consistent relationship with his QB. 

Do you think you can rely on this guy to put up 6+ points for 3 weeks straight in the playoffs? What do y’all think his trade value is?

No, but he might go 3,3, 25.

Trade value isn't much, unfortunately

Tough to figure this guy out.  Matt Ryan has been great this season and the Atlanta offense looks strong, but you would expect the yardage totals to be more consistent from the WR2 on this team.  

Rest of season, would you rather roll with Ridley or MVS in PPR?    

7 minutes ago, SvanE42 said:

Tough to figure this guy out.  Matt Ryan has been great this season and the Atlanta offense looks strong, but you would expect the yardage totals to be more consistent from the WR2 on this team.  

Rest of season, would you rather roll with Ridley or MVS in PPR?    

What’s hard to figure out? Julio is the deep threat. Ridley runs a lot of slants. Hooper and Sanu get looks too, that’s the real problem. But I’m rolling with both. I’d say Scantling is safer just because there is only Graham to contend with for targets after Adams.

Well that was disappointing. It's impossible to trust this guy, blows up randomly after doing nothing for weeks at a time, then goes back to irrelevance. 

I don't have any specific stats, but after watching the tape, the Browns seemed to use Ward on Ridley quite a bit, and then rolled coverage over to Julio.  I understand the final stat line now, and am not too worried about it.  I guess the fact that Ward was on Ridley tells you all you need to know about his talent.

2 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

I don't have any specific stats, but after watching the tape, the Browns seemed to use Ward on Ridley quite a bit, and then rolled coverage over to Julio.  I understand the final stat line now, and am not too worried about it.  I guess the fact that Ward was on Ridley tells you all you need to know about his talent.

Although it worked for the final score, these teams will never learn. Julio and Hooper went off. Sanu was still effective. It was a bizarre game though. There were times I saw that Ridley was pretty wide open and Matt got spooked in the pocket. On 2-pt attempt Ridley was clearly frustrated because he was in the back of end zone with no coverage and Matt didn’t look for him at all.

Realistic stat line predictions with DAL on Sunday? Tough matchup.

4 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Realistic stat line predictions with DAL on Sunday? Tough matchup.

Good question. If BJones covers him, not much at all. If the other guy, forgot his weird name, he should have more success. But I think Hooper and Sanu might be the ones to own. I assume Sanu lines up out of the slot. Agholor and Ertz ate against Dallas this past week. Jeffrey not so much. Agholor usually lines up out of the slot but don’t know if that changed with Tate. 

Gonna be forced to keep him in my lineup this week due to byes. Could really use one of his big games, but not sure I like the match-up. 

16 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Gonna be forced to keep him in my lineup this week due to byes. Could really use one of his big games, but not sure I like the match-up. 

Same. Ceiling is always high with him but don’t like this matchup. I have MVS, Marvin Jones and Sutton ranked ahead of him this week.

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I'm starting him in PPR but avoiding in standard, his PPR floor has been around 7 points but the ceiling is quite high so I have no problem starting him.

You're right ... this is my dilemma. 

From watching his week nine highlights vs Washington he had one terrible drop and ran the wrong route and Matt Ryan threw a pick and was very upset with Ridley. He still got the TD later that game but then didn't do much last week, just hoping Ryan isn't losing trust in him. On 52 throws last week, Ridley only got 5 targets.

• Like 1

How we feeling 'bout Cal this week against a pretty stingy Dallas secondary? 

Game is in Hotlanta, so guess we got that going for us?

Ridley has proven to be touchdown dependent, and it could be risky to trust him this week against the Cowboys. He's scored once in his past five games when he had six catches for 71 yards and a touchdown on nine targets at Washington in Week 9. Otherwise, he has five catches or less and 47 yards or less in four other games going back to Week 5. The Cowboys are among the league leaders with just six touchdowns allowed to receivers, so the odds are against you in Ridley scoring this week, even at home.

14 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Ridley has proven to be touchdown dependent, and it could be risky to trust him this week against the Cowboys. He's scored once in his past five games when he had six catches for 71 yards and a touchdown on nine targets at Washington in Week 9. Otherwise, he has five catches or less and 47 yards or less in four other games going back to Week 5. The Cowboys are among the league leaders with just six touchdowns allowed to receivers, so the odds are against you in Ridley scoring this week, even at home.

Not what I wanted to hear jtbgator. Probably a very accurate and certainly very succinct assessment, but still not what I wanted to hear. 

On 10/4/2018 at 5:52 PM, cowan_j2012 said:

No... Someone said if his usage stays the same so I responded. I think his usage will go up but I'm counting on 6 tds maybe rest of season. 

You called it. That regression hit harder than prime LT on blow. 

Ridley is not the problem. The play calling has regressed. I watched all games and the guy gets open. Probably safe to drop though at this point. They obviously have no intentions on winning. When they were winning big, Ridley was very involved. They’ve gone away from that and are basically only just mathematically alive.