• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
dashoe

Mike Gesicki 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

That is a mediocre at best receiving corp

A list of names more than a list of “target competition”

They've paid a lot of money to stills and the dola/Wilson combo.  Parker they still have hopes for. 

49 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

They've paid a lot of money to stills and the dola/Wilson combo.  Parker they still have hopes for. 

and this is why the Dolphins suck 

Parker is a threat, Amendolas a nice slot receiver ... the rest: irrelevant 

10 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

and this is why the Dolphins suck 

Parker is a threat, Amendolas a nice slot receiver ... the rest: irrelevant 

Wouldn't go that far. Those guys made it to the NFL. At this point Gesicki is a rookie that no one has any idea about. He could be another TE in the long line of them that fails at the NFL level. Stills is a good player.

The most disappointing part about the Dolphins is Tannehill.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

Wouldn't go that far. Those guys made it to the NFL. At this point Gesicki is a rookie that no one has any idea about. He could be another TE in the long line of them that fails at the NFL level. Stills is a good player.

Yes,  Stills is a good player. 

21 minutes ago, devaster said:

So the criteria for “good” is made it to the NFL now? They all did - so did the DBs covering them. 

Stills is nothing special, not good enough to make me worry about the TEs targets at least

14 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Yes,  Stills is a good player. 

14 hours ago, devaster said:

Stills is a good player.

Agreed. And I realize AxeElf would have a s%#t hemorrhage if he read this, if he was still around, but from what I’ve witnessed of the Dolphins in the past three years, Stills has outplayed Parker skillwise and reliability-wise. I have no hesitation in suggesting that Stills is the best Dolphin WR for fantasy based on size, speed, hands, and ADP. Beyond just leading the Dolphins in these areas, he’s talented. 

That said, I’m also hesitant about Tannehill, and if he rots or if he gets hurt, Osweiler is ready to take over... I suppose the positive here is that with Osweiler at the helm the Dolphins are assured the 1.01 draft pick in 2019.

• Thanks 1

He'll pick up 50 to 60 of the targets 

On 5/12/2018 at 6:22 AM, cohenstantinople said:

Agreed. And I realize AxeElf would have a s%#t hemorrhage if he read this, if he was still around, but from what I’ve witnessed of the Dolphins in the past three years, Stills has outplayed Parker skillwise and reliability-wise. I have no hesitation in suggesting that Stills is the best Dolphin WR for fantasy based on size, speed, hands, and ADP. Beyond just leading the Dolphins in these areas, he’s talented. 

That said, I’m also hesitant about Tannehill, and if he rots or if he gets hurt, Osweiler is ready to take over... I suppose the positive here is that with Osweiler at the helm the Dolphins are assured the 1.01 draft pick in 2019.

Osweiler vs. Nathan Peterman 

On 5/11/2018 at 12:14 PM, Rolling Thunder said:

You must not have owned him.  In PPR,

he helped me on 2 title teams (in 3 leagues), drops and bad coaching notwithstanding.

You talk as if productive TEs grow on trees.  In my experience, most worth rostering always have warts.  That's just the way it is.

Rode him to a championship, a 2nd and a 3rd last year. Didn't cost me a thing because I picked him up week 2 as a backup TE. Watched him in college and he was pretty much just a big WR playing TE. Well worth it imo.

On 5/11/2018 at 10:12 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Gesicki is in a really nice spot.  It usually takes TEs a season or two to make the transition to the speed and complexity of the NFL game, though.

Waiver wire watch in redraft imo.

Unless your name is Evan Engram. 

Clay had 2 good years playing with Tannehill, then Cameron flounded when he got there.  I think Gesicki has the tools to be better than both those guys.  If Tannehill can get through all 16 he could be a top 10 guy.

Okay, I think I'm sold.  Gesicki is the perfect 2nd TE for a fantasy team.  Cheap and could pay off big time due to talent (plenty) and situation.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Okay, I think I'm sold.  Gesicki is the perfect 2nd TE for a fantasy team.  Cheap and could pay off big time due to talent (plenty) and situation.

I think this is key as your te2.. don't rely on all those domino's to fall for him being a te1... think te2 and be pleasantly surprised 

I think his floor is 75+ targets as Landry is gone and even Julius Thomas got close to 70 last season. I don't think he'll be in danger of not being the starting TE by mid pre-season and he'll have TD upside at 6'6 and 250 pounds

• Like 1

I'm very happy to have him as my TE3 in dynasty, I think he's worth a late round TE2 in redraft where he can be dropped if he doesn't show well.  In dynasty I think he's a strong hold.

Dolphins TE Mike Gesicki has "already developed" into one of Ryan Tannehill's favorite targets.

Gesicki has repped with the first-team offense at training camp. His blocking is a work in progress but Gesicki has been Tannehill's go-to target in the red-zone. With Jarvis Landry gone and DeVante Parker trending in the wrong direction, there's a clear path for Gesicki to make a rookie-year impact. The Palm Beach Post's Joe Schad projects eight touchdowns for Gesicki this season.

Aug 3 - 6:30 PM

Whaaaaat.

Graham led the league last year with 10.  Kelce, Rudolph, Gronk, and Ertz had 8.

This guy is supposed to get 8 TDs?  Well, I suppose if Tyler Kroft can get 7 and be pretty much undrafted this year, then perhaps.  If I had 20 man rosters, I might take a shot at him as a flier.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Whaaaaat.

Graham led the league last year with 10.  Kelce, Rudolph, Gronk, and Ertz had 8.

This guy is supposed to get 8 TDs?  Well, I suppose if Tyler Kroft can get 7 and be pretty much undrafted this year, then perhaps.  If I had 20 man rosters, I might take a shot at him as a flier.

Even with a short bench he may be worth a shot.

I really like Gesecki as a player, TE/WR hybrid.  Great size, 40+ inch vertical, good hands. Blocking will keep him from bring an every down player, but that's about it.

Remember - and as a Parker owner last year, I remember all too well - Gase likes to draw up plays for his TE split out wide. They did it way more than called for with Julius, and Gesecki should be a massive upgrade on him.

No idea what Miami is doing this year. Bringing in Amendola and Wilson for significant money was a strange decision.

They may have just about given up on Parker. If it looks that way early, I'd expect Gesecki's role to greatly expand.

Well worth a last round pick or waiver watching.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Well worth a last round pick or waiver watching.

I agree, but I would phrase it differently: "good luck on the waiver wire".

I don't see things in his college tape that I think will translate well to the NFL; I think TEs need 2-3 year to mature anyway; and whatever they're smoking in Miami, I'm sure it's good stuff but I want none of that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I don't see things in his college tape that I think will translate well to the NFL; I think TEs need 2-3 year to mature anyway; and whatever they're smoking in Miami, I'm sure it's good stuff but I want none of that.

How can you watch his tape and not see things that translate to the NFL? Speed, agility, crisp route running, hands like a venus fly trap (0 drops in last 2 years) and elite ability to high point the football in traffic don't translate well to the NFL? Please explain.

7 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Speed, agility, crisp route running, hands like a venus fly trap (0 drops in last 2 years) and elite ability to high point the football in traffic don't translate well to the NFL? Please explain.

It's exactly these two things I didn't see. But, I'll take another look later, maybe I was too hasty to judge. Thx!

11 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I been disagreeing with you with McKinnon and now with this guy.  You say you watched his college tape yet his skill set won’t translate? More like I want some of what your smoking man..... dude is 6”6 former basketball player who’s has crazy hops, very strong and very fast for his height, rock solid hands, sorry but ima have to disagree with you yet again. 

Dude reminds me of jimmy graham in his prime mixes in with some gronk , and yes most cases it takes time for TEs to mature but I believe this is one of the exceptions and rightfully so, I added him as my 2nd TE behind gronk and I much rather have him on my team rather than these veteran TEs that always get pumped up b4 the season start and amount to nothing , Engram is going to regress like crazy with Barkley there, odell healthy, Shepard healthy, his >>>>Engram and a has way more upside than most of these guys available not to mention he’s already tanns number 1-2 target with the 200+ targets up for grabs with Landry and the other gone it’s perfect time to draft him as a high quality dart 🎯 in every draft at this point because his stock is going to rise like hell b4 the season starts

2 minutes ago, Brye said:

Dude reminds me of jimmy graham in his prime mixes in with some gronk

I'm all aboard the Gesicki train, but this is straight ridiculous lol.

Athletically andnphysically yes he does not production wise is a different story tannahill isn’t brady or Brees..... 

A lot of TEs out there that are 6'6" 260#, doesn't mean they are all a blend of prime Graham and Gronk.

Yeah prime seems excessive... but let's call him baby gronk or eifert a healthy one or zach ertz....seems more athletically blessed than rudolph less athletic than Njoku but maybe a better football player than him...an athletic kyle rudolph?