Sign in to follow this  
mjb03003

D.J. Moore 2018 Outlook

Buy him if you can. Game script masked what DJ Moore can deliver. I know I'll be trying to get him..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

As frustrating as this game was, no CAR receiver had more than 6 targets.  Cam only had to throw 25 times, they ran it 32 times.  

With his schedule & talent, he's still a hold for me.

... and, of course, it was Samuel who got the "off" TD run ... they tried one with DJ prior to that, from the Bucs 40, and he gained 33 yds ... but that was really it for the duration. 

It was frustrating seeing Samuel do everything I expected Moore to do this week.

Liking the game script posts in here. I had the same exact thoughts based on the results. A lot of the CAR drives had big plays landing them right on the goal line, hence the good day for McCaffery.

He’s a strong hold for me. 

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

It was frustrating seeing Samuel do everything I expected Moore to do this week.

Extremely.  Saw a beat writer tweet that CAR likes Moore > Samuel because Moore does everything Samuel can do better.

Seems like Cam might think otherwise.

Also, its not like Torrey Smith is out for the year. Im holding but I wouldn't blame anyone for dropping.

I'd like to hold, but not sure I can. Debating DJ vs. MVS.

Think DJ Moore's performance is going to be a bit volatile. The bottom line is that the priority options in this offense go: 1) Cam, 2) CMC, 3) Olsen, then random WR dudes that are Funchess/DJ/Samuels in a more run oriented offense.

• Like 1

Anyone thinking of starting this week? I think game flow really hurt him last week. Seems kind of boom or bust. The problem is that when they get in the red zone, he is probably the fifth option behind Cam, CMC, Olsen and Funchess. I should probably just not think about starting him, only reason why I’m contemplating is because it is the Thursday game.

• Like 1

On 5.11.2018 at 2:57 PM, kyoun1e said:

I'd like to hold, but not sure I can. Debating DJ vs. MVS.

MVS by a mile.

Samuel is similar to DJ and an upper tier talent in his own right as last year's 2nd round pick. Torrey will return. CMC featured with quick passes. Olsen and Funchess hogging valuable RZ targets.

Can't see DJ happening this season. MVS, Sutton and Kirk are the better rookie stashes. DJ is in the next tier with Trequan Smith. Not trustworthy enough for fantasy purposes.

• Like 1

DJ is better in real life than fantasy, he truely is a stud in the making.  He's likely a huge sleeper going into next year if the Panthers shed some of his WR weight. 

yeah i sat ridley for this bum cause i was facing the bears d, hunt, kelce, & brees....u all know how my week went... anyways for now he is a hold because the schedule is too good...def disappointed with last week though

Wow...people still holding unto the second WR  and 4th target ( sometimes )on the Panthers?!? Your wire must be barren

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Wow...people still holding unto the second WR  and 4th target ( sometimes )on the Panthers?!? Your wire must be barren

I'll bet you don't have him on your roster...right?  Lol!

Just now, nimzox said:

I'll bet you don't have him on your roster...right?  Lol!

Never even put in a claim although I drafted him really late and cut him when I realized he played on the Panthers

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Tell us more about how you're dominating your friends and family league 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Power-O said:

yeah i sat ridley for this bum cause i was facing the bears d, hunt, kelce, & brees....u all know how my week went... anyways for now he is a hold because the schedule is too good...def disappointed with last week though

Same and i struggled with it all the way up until 1:00. 

1 minute ago, mmcc1029 said:

Anybody rolling him out there?

I personally am starting Landry over Moore but I might make a switch. Pits is tough against the run and they have done a good job limiting #1 Wr's the past 4 games (Funchess), Moore should get a carry or two and Im hoping he gets a score tonight. 

7 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Anybody rolling him out there?

Feeling a little spicy tonight over my other boring flex option so I'll probably be swapping him in. Should be one of the higher scoring game totals on the week. Haden has been doing a pretty good job on opposing team's WR1 so maybe there are more opportunities for our boy tonight. Also facing the Gurley owner so I might as well shoot for upside. 

Edited by kidsgotsoul

I am rolling with him in the WR3 spot for two 14 teamers...other options were Godwin, Hump and the like. I think he gets involved tonight.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:44 AM, oresteszero said:

Buy him if you can. Game script masked what DJ Moore can deliver. I know I'll be trying to get him..

I will be starting him tonight over MVS. I feel game script and weather is against MVS this week and if DJ gets in the end zone I'm liking the huge points he can put up vs Pitt. DJ can score from anywhere on the field and i doubt GB throws the ball much this weekend. Gotta trust the gut.

imo DJ is someone you start if you're desperate. I can see starting him as a WR3 in 14-team leagues as mentioned above.

He caught 1 pass on 2 targets last week. Obviously he can have a big game any week but so can pretty much every single WR3/WR4 in existence.

If he'd had a good game in a much better spot last week I was going to go for it and start him, but I'll sit this round out.