Sign in to follow this  
accudart

Jacob Nottingham - C MIL

Off to a nice start..5 hr, .351/.407, 662 slg, 1070 OPS

At AAA Colorado Springs. Know the park inflates stats big time but nice turn around.

This guy was tearing it up before he hurt his oblique or whatver..intercostal..firmly on my scout team as C is a wasteland & any potential call up with potential is better than what's available/on the wire. 

Nottingham was called up today as Manny Pina went on the DL.

Erik Kratz is starting at C today for the Crew, but I feel like this could be a good chance for Nottingham to show what he can do.  Pina is 31 - not too old - but has a sub-.700 OPS and only 78 wRC.  Kratz is 38 and is hitting about the same as Pina.  I could see a world in which Nottingham comes in and hits and forces the Brewers into a tough decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Claw said:

Nottingham was called up today as Manny Pina went on the DL.

Erik Kratz is starting at C today for the Crew, but I feel like this could be a good chance for Nottingham to show what he can do.  Pina is 31 - not too old - but has a sub-.700 OPS and only 78 wRC.  Kratz is 38 and is hitting about the same as Pina.  I could see a world in which Nottingham comes in and hits and forces the Brewers into a tough decision.

There winning though.   And what usually happens is teams wait until next year to give the kid the full time shot.  We all know the excuses:  has to learn the staff and how to call games for each of them and blah blah blah.  I think for him to stay on would require them to be struggling and him come in and all of a sudden the team takes off with him anchoring the staff and helping out alot with the bat.

2 for 4 last night with a double.  How long until we can call him the Sheriff of Nottingham?

His strikeout to bb ratio has a bit of a Tom Murphy feel - meaning pretty bad.  Don't think he has quite his power either so not sure much to come out of him this year.  Will keep an eye on him though...