Sign in to follow this  
flowbee

Steven Wright 2018 Outlook

Oh and if that wasn't enough reason to pitch Wright, guess who is getting a day of rest?  Their only elite hitter.  Most batters want no part of a knuckleball so I'm sure Manny is happy to sit and maybe pinch hit in the late innings.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Oh and if that wasn't enough reason to pitch Wright, guess who is getting a day of rest?  Their only elite hitter.  Most batters want no part of a knuckleball so I'm sure Manny is happy to sit and maybe pinch hit in the late innings.

I just saw that. I was wondering if I should stream him and like you said earlier, if you aren't doing it against the O's then who would you do it against. Feeling more confident in my decision to pick him up.

Also The Mookster returns tonight B)

• Like 1

Extremely pleased.  Having owned him in 2013 he excels in warm weather.  Hopefully that knuckler dances the nights away all summer long.

Oh and don't go sliding into the bases hoss :lol:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

There was some hard hit balls in the first two innings. If it wasn't for Dever's sliding grab and throw to first, it would've been a run scored. Otherwise, he cruised right along thereafter. 

Edited by chrisrfu

24 minutes ago, chrisrfu said:

There was some hard hit balls in the first two innings. If it wasn't for Dever's sliding grab and throw to first, it would've been a run scored. Otherwise, he cruised right along thereafter. 

Also some good catches in the OF.  Especially Bogey's.

Meant to say "having owned in 2016" ^ above.  Was confusing with Buchholz.

• Like 1

What do you guys expect from him? Rosterable in 12 team H2H? I have to many relievers and am considering adding this guy

I'm hanging onto him in 10 team dynasty.  I think he's going to stay in the rotation.

Yeah for me he really falls into the category of "wait and see".  I'm going to keep holding him and throwing him out there until he gives me a reason not to.  He's a 33 year old knuckleballer with very little track record to go off.  He was amazing for a long stretch in 2016, then kind of fell off later in the season, but his overall numbers on the season were quite good.  Obviously 2017 was a lost year, and now he seems to be back in a groove with a shot at staying in the rotation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Yeah for me he really falls into the category of "wait and see".  I'm going to keep holding him and throwing him out there until he gives me a reason not to.  He's a 33 year old knuckleballer with very little track record to go off.  He was amazing for a long stretch in 2016, then kind of fell off later in the season, but his overall numbers on the season were quite good.  Obviously 2017 was a lost year, and now he seems to be back in a groove with a shot at staying in the rotation.

This ^