Letitbe793

Yusniel Diaz-OF-LAD

21 year old OF prospect for the Dodgers flying under the radar but likely to start showing up more on prospect lists. Haven't watched him play but got on my radar last year with a solid season. 

Back at AA to start this year and plate approach and overall numbers look even better. He's cut his K rate to 14 thus far and upped his BB % significantly to 16.1. No one skill that is + but can do a little of everything. Really like him as a potential midseason 2019 call up. 

• Like 2

Reportedly not serious but placed on the DL last tuesday at Double-A due to a hip injury 

Edited by Letitbe793

Lots of posts about some of the players in yesterdays game yet none of the kid that hit 2 HR?

What does everyone think of Diaz going forward? Debut this year?

In the deal that's rapidly heading toward the finish line between the Dodgers and Orioles, it sounds like Diaz will be involved. Baltimore would have no reason not to have him jump to the majors to show off their return.

I just added to an open minor league slot for fun.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, steve9347 said:

. Baltimore would have no reason not to have him jump to the majors to show off their return.

I just added to an open minor league slot for fun.

Losing a year of control is a reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Losing a year of control is a reason. 

Yea that and he's had half a season of AA exposure and isn't ready...

I like him, been on my radar for awhile. Fast wrists, great eye at the plate and the power will come imo.

Nice get if BAL pulls the trigger, might be ready by next summer.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone think this kid will be realevant this season for the Orioles?

Nope. There’s no point in rushing this kid’s development. They’re awful this year and they’re going to be awful next year so no point in starting his service time clock. After Super Two passes next year would be the earliest IMO.

• Like 3

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, meh2 said:

Nope. There’s no point in rushing this kid’s development. They’re awful this year and they’re going to be awful next year so no point in starting his service time clock. After Super Two passes next year would be the earliest IMO.

Tough to say with the Orioles.  They weren't exactly in the race last year when they brought up Austin Hays with only 200+ AA AB's.  Diaz has 3x that amount.  From everything I have read he has learned as much as he is going to learn from AA.  I agree though there it would not be wise for them to lose out on a year of service time though.  Hays I believe was a year older than Diaz when he hit the majors though too.  Giving him the cup of coffee this year and then starting the year in the minors again next year also makes some sense. 

On 7/18/2018 at 8:50 PM, meh2 said:

I agree with the service time, and I think not having played AAA gives them an easy excuse. That said, Diaz's advanced approach makes me feel that they wouldn't be rushing his devleopment from an actual developmental stand point. Maybe I'm wrong--- but right now this doesn't seem to be a baseball player who's going to get outright abused.