Sign in to follow this  
dannyusf

Should I feel Bad on Accepting this trade?

So I accepted this trade that was proposed to me yesterday. 

He sends Miguel Cabrera and Francisco Cervelli

I sent Keynan Middleton

Quick background. 12 team league, standard ESPN h2h categories 5 keepers

News has been out on Middleton since Monday. The trade was proposed to me on Wednesday. I thought it was weird, so instead of accepting right away I waited 24 hours to see if he pulls back the trade. He didn't. So I went ahead and accepted it. Of course, the trade caused some uproar and I feel kind of bad. I do feel like I am capitalizing on someone who didn't put in the minimal amount of effort to see if Middleton has damage in his UCL, but at the same time. He proposed it to me and didn't cancel it. 

Any thoughts on this? The league could vote down the trade and veto it, but some of the league mates are going to the commish to veto. 

Sounds like a lot of drama haha. You're not at fault though. If it gets vetoed it gets vetoed. Seems like you'll be happy either way.

• Like 1

Let's be honest -- it's not exactly like you got Trout back in this deal.  I don't think you did anything wrong here (provided you're being accurate with the details ;)).  I say you don't need to feel bad.  And like collucho said, if it gets overturned, the world won't exactly end.

Take it and run.  His problem now.

In our league, if the other owner is not aware of the injury, we always rescind the deal.  It makes for a friendlier league and let's face it, Miggy and Cervelli are not going to win your league for you.  Plus it gives you lots of good karma in your life.  That being said, everyone has their own idea of what they feel good about and what is most important to them.  Good luck either way.  You just might need it with all that karma you lost. :)

• Like 1

I agree on always disclosing injuries or breaking news.  If the other owner is willing to take the risk, then OK.  But I don't like trading based on the fact that someone else hasn't had a chance to log into Rotoworld recently.

Def get the Miggy side and win you're league!!!! 

Trade got vetoed. Thanks everyone. 

I do like the fact you waited 24 hours before accepting. A little fantasy baseball etiquette goes a long way.