4.06 Mr. Blonde -
4.07 Krum Cakes -
4.08 BlakeP's Dynasty- 
4.09 Pack Dog- 
4.10 Pack Dog -
4.11 Pack Dog-
4.12 Pack Dog-

• Like 1

Excited to see what Pack does at the end of this round!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

The one you just selected with the badass biblical name.

Your guys can fight a religious war.  Amon-Ra vs Noah Cain.

• Like 1

Analysis: I still need TE, and Houston spent one of their few picks on a pass catcher.  Looking for young players paired with good young QBs, so here's hoping he can be serviceable.

• Like 1

Pick Analysis:

1.10: Devin Singletary, RB, FAU: Was really hoping I could land Swift or Love, but knew they were long shots to make it to me. Was bummed when Love went right before my pick. Singletary is a work horse in Kiffin's offense and highly productive. I've seen at least one website that predicts he'll be a first-round talent. RB is a position I wanted to address this offseason, so that was the direction I was going regardless.

3.08: Hayden Hurst, TE, Ravens: I have Gronk and Charles Clay, but neither have much of a shelf life left. Hurst reminds me a bit of Gronk the way he plays. Age is a concern (he's 25), but I'm trusting Ozzie Newsome's evaluation here, and Flacco tends to target the TE more than most. Hopefully I didn't take the wrong rookie Baltimore TE..

3.10: Devyn Ford, RB, Penn State: He's a top prospect, right up there with Trey Sanders. I like that he's going to a program that can produce NFL RBs, and while Miles Sanders figures to carry the load this season, I think Ford will get his share too.

4.06: Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State: I'm not overly in love with his size, but I can't deny his production. Sports Illustrated recently said Hill is a dark horse for the Heisman, and while he probably won't win it, maybe being in the running will get him enough attention to get selected in the NFL.

• Like 1

4.01 UnLucky KHunt-CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma
4.02 UnLucky KHunt- Noah Cain, RB, TBD
4.03 BlakeP's Dynasty -  WR, Micheal Pittman Jr. USC
4.04 River City Ballers - Brennan Eagles WR Texas
4.05 Lord Varys- Jordan Akins, TE, HOU
4.06 Mr. Blonde -Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State
4.07 Krum Cakes -Nyheim Hynes, RB, Colts
4.08 BlakeP's Dynasty- RB Benny Snell Jr, Kentucky
4.09 Pack Dog- Mike Gesicki, TE, Miami
4.10 Pack Dog -
4.11 Pack Dog-
4.12 Pack Dog-

4.10 Pack Dog - Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
4.11 Pack Dog-
4.12 Pack Dog-

4.11 Pack Dog- Brian Snead, RB, Ohio State
4.12 Pack Dog-

4.11 Pack Dog- Brian Snead, RB, Ohio State
4.12 Pack Dog- Asa Martin, RB, Auburn

I, like Doug, stockpiled some picks for this year at the cost of next year's draft. I have an older roster that is competitive and i really liked the crop of players available so i went all in on this year to hopefully rebuild while remaining competitive. Hopefully it works

1.07 -  D.J. Moore, WR, CAR. no-brainer here for me considering i have four 30 yrd old wrs (i'm counting baldwin though he's a few months short). a little surprised he made it to me 

1.08 -  Rodney Anderson, RB, Oaklahoma. love his all round skill set. was injured his first two collegiate seasons but but broke out last year and capped it off with a great performance in the rose bowl. hopefully he builds on that and finds his way to a workhorse role at the next level

1.11 - Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson. his burst and explosiveness had me salivating. very strong for size. emerged as clemson's best offensive player last year and the future looks bright. runs a bit upright and has balance issues at time but those can be improved upon

3.02 - A.J. Dillon, RB, Boston College. good value to me. had an early to mid 2nd round grade on him. the guy's a beast. big but very athletic (4.59 forty, 4.29 shuttle, 38.3 vert). productive as a true freshman that got stronger as the season went on

3.03 - Jhamon Ausbon, WR, Texas A&M. another good value pick. like dillon, i had an early to mid 2nd round grade on him. poised for a breakout year after an ok true freshman season. understands the importance of routes which will translate well at the next level

3.05 - Collin Johnson, WR, Texas. big wr (6'6, 220). looks great at times but is inconsistent. hoping he takes a step forward and finds himself in the first or second round of the nfl draft next year

4.09 - Mike Gesicki, TE, Miami. saw massive value in TEs at the end. i have kelce but he's not that young and getting a guy like gesicki is fine by me so late to bolster my deph

4.10 - Noah Fant, TE, Iowa. more TE value. not really needed but he was easily the BPA on my board (had a late 2nd round grade on him). like gesicki, he is not much a blocker and is known for his receiving prowess. boke out with 11 tds last year and is on the inside track to being a day 1 or 2 pick in the draft next year

4.11 -  Brian Snead, RB, Ohio State. master teague is taking a lot of the thunder away from #3 rb prospect but i was happy to land him as i cast an eye toward the future. teague may beat him on size and straight-line speed but nothing else. snead's all around skill-set might translate better as a fit for the next level

4.12 - Asa Martin, RB, Auburn. another pick looking ahead. asa is already being compared to kerryon johnson. might get some run early as a freshman. coaches love the way he was learning on his first few days of practice and has a game that could develop nicely moving forward

overall i am very happy. with the guys i already have on my devy roster i feel i should hit on a number of prospects and be set up to transition from older players in a couple years. the gamble on quantity this year paid off in the value picks of the third round and the tes in the 4th. now i just pray for the best

• Like 1

Is the draft officially done and is free agency open? 

Already did pick by pick on most of the guys I got so I won't do that again.  I had an old roster lacking talent and like Pack, was all in on this draft.  So with last year's draft and this year's draft here's my breakdown.  When I say that I'm getting these guys, i'm basing it off of the soonest I could get them after their Junior year.  

I have 6 guys coming to me in 2019. 1 RB and 5 WR.  (David Montgomery, Demetris Robertson, Deebo Samuel, Anthony Johnson, Austin Mack, Parris Campbell)

I have 6 guys coming to me in 2020. 4 RB and 2 WR (Cam Akers, Najee Harris, Kylin Hill, Trey Sermon, Tarik Black, CeeDee Lamb)

I have arguably the best WR prospect coming in 2021. (Justin Shorter)

I have 2 of the top 3 RBs coming in 2022. (Trey Sanders, Noah Cain)

I have the best QB prospect, best RB prospect and best WR prospect coming in 2023. (DJ Uiagelei, Zachary Evans, Julian Fleming)

Obviously, I don't expect them to all hit.  But I feel pretty good right now about the direction my team is headed. I don't be competitive this year, but I think my team will be significantly improved. I'll likely have tough choices to make in the future, but it's better than the easy cuts I can make right now.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I believe it will go to a FAAB period

4 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

the draft is done but free agency is not open. it hasn't been set in stone but we likely are gonna do like we did last year where we wait until after week 3 of the preseason or the week before the season to open the initial round of waivers. everyone will get a chance to put in their first round of faab bids and then after they clear players will be FAs till they lock on gamedays

38 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

The draft is officially done but we are not opening up the FA pool yet.  The plan is for FAAB to open up through waivers, we just need to all decide on when to start that process

What date/week do we want to open up the FAAB process for players in the FA pool?  Before preseason? During preseason?  Wait until the season?

Let me know your thoughts

BP

8 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

What date/week do we want to open up the FAAB process for players in the FA pool?  Before preseason? During preseason?  Wait until the season?

Let me know your thoughts

BP

Opening it once after the draft isnt too bad an idea - like priority udfas? Then maybe locked till preseason week 1 and ran weekly?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Id like to open it up asap. It will reward the owners who have done their homework and allow us to fill out our rosters so we can make trades if need be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i have a feeling most will want it open asap so i will vote for that

i will say the danger in opening it this early is some teams might blow their wads before the season starts. just something to keep in mind. i'll still vote for asap cause i think most will want that anyway

• Like 1