ZChronicNebula

Demarcus Cousins 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Yes and as we are basketball fans we should really only care about his performance on the court.  I mean his extracurriculars are good but don’t negate his on court issues.  Jordan was a degenerate gambler but people don’t remember that they only remember him for being a champion.  We can give boogie a citizenship award but we’re talking about fantasy bball.  

If we are talking about fantasy bball then who cares if he doesn't get back on defense, has a bad attitude, gets techs, etc? If we are just talking about fantasy then Boogie is a beast and this signing with GS is the best thing to happen to his owners this year. His upside is suppressed and it will save a lot of owners that would have reached for him. We get to see how Boogie plays when healthy and that will set us up with good knowledge heading into the draft in 2 years. In terms of fantasy bball I don't think anyone has anything negative to say about Boogie. 

 

10 hours ago, jay14bay said:

Being a good guy off the court has absolutely nothing to do with not getting back on defense or having emotional outbursts on the court or in the locker room.  smh

Dude, very few people that carry the load Boogie has carried on offense get back on defense. And Boogie is an enormous human being and is playing minutes that are usually only seen by guards and wings. Lebron literally coasts/doesn't hustle on defense until it is the final stretch of the season and the postseason. Westbrook is horrible on defense with his effort. If Boogie hustled on defense would it really matter if he had to sit an extra 6-8 minutes? If Boogie hustled on defense would the Kings have been any better? Also, not everyone is great at defense. I never considered Boogie to be a defensive minded player. And I never said anything about Boogie being the greatest player. I just said he wasn't a cancer. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, thezing1 said:

If we are talking about fantasy bball then who cares if he doesn't get back on defense, has a bad attitude, gets techs, etc? If we are just talking about fantasy then Boogie is a beast and this signing with GS is the best thing to happen to his owners this year. His upside is suppressed and it will save a lot of owners that would have reached for him. We get to see how Boogie plays when healthy and that will set us up with good knowledge heading into the draft in 2 years. In terms of fantasy bball I don't think anyone has anything negative to say about Boogie. 

 

 

Maybe it's your working but this is actually the worst thing to happen to Boogies fantasy production, but I think you're saying that if you are planning on drafting him its the best thing b/c you'll get him a round or two later.  Still, I'd rather have him be the alpha on his team and have to reach for him a round or two earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

 

Maybe it's your working but this is actually the worst thing to happen to Boogies fantasy production, but I think you're saying that if you are planning on drafting him its the best thing b/c you'll get him a round or two later.  Still, I'd rather have him be the alpha on his team and have to reach for him a round or two earlier.

Yes, I am saying this is the best thing that could have happened to save countless owners that reached for him in the draft. For Boogie, this is obviously the worst thing for his fantasy value. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

 

Maybe it's your working but this is actually the worst thing to happen to Boogies fantasy production, but I think you're saying that if you are planning on drafting him its the best thing b/c you'll get him a round or two later.  Still, I'd rather have him be the alpha on his team and have to reach for him a round or two earlier.

This is also the worst thing for people that are disciplined, experienced, etc. that knew not to reach and overdraft Boogie. Now everyone will knock him down a couple rounds on their rankings and the edge will be lessened/lost. Hopefully that makes sense. I know I am not doing the best job explaining it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably not drafting anyway...would probably go Ayton over Cousins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year the Warrior big 4 combined for over 70 PPG. Obviously, there will be regression with Cousins on the roster but it’s damn hard to see him putting up anywhere close to 20 PPG unless the Warriors are going to obliterate the record books. Which isn’t impossible but I wouldn’t bet on it. He should be far more efficient though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Draymond isn’t going to score more than 10ppg with that roster.  So Curry, Thompson, Durant, and Cousins become the big four once Cousins is healthy.  I think those 4 will easily surpass 80 ppg with each of the four averaging over 20ppg. If anything I think Thompson scores a little less, with both he and Cousins scoring 18-19 ppg.  On the other hand Cousins is a good passer from the post and I think that cuts into Draymond’s assists a little.  Cousins is a also a 1/1/1 guy so I think he will still have value.  Once he’s perfectly healthy (if ever) he could be around 16/8/4/1/1/1.  That’s near Jokic territory.  Historically, Cousins counting stats have been awesome, but his efficiency has been poor.  On the warriors his efficiency will go up to a certain extent so he’ll be over 47% from the field and get his To under 2.  He will be a different player but he could still return 3rd round value.  That being said I wouldn’t draft him in the third due to missed time and risk.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 7:32 PM, thezing1 said:

Dude, very few people that carry the load Boogie has carried on offense get back on defense. And Boogie is an enormous human being and is playing minutes that are usually only seen by guards and wings. Lebron literally coasts/doesn't hustle on defense until it is the final stretch of the season and the postseason. Westbrook is horrible on defense with his effort. If Boogie hustled on defense would it really matter if he had to sit an extra 6-8 minutes? If Boogie hustled on defense would the Kings have been any better? Also, not everyone is great at defense. I never considered Boogie to be a defensive minded player. And I never said anything about Boogie being the greatest player. I just said he wasn't a cancer. 

 

Sorry, I will spell things out more clearly when responding to you.  Yes, I think the Kings (or any team) are in theory better when their best player puts in the effort on both ends of the floor.  Even if that means sitting a few more minutes while a replacement-level backup plays a few extra minutes. Besides the on court effect, defensive effort and intensity is an ingredient that goes into culture.  See Boston, for example.

 

The reason I brought this up (along with the emotional outbursts) are exactly to support my opinion that he is in fact a cancer. I should have stated this more clearly. You said that since he is such a good guy on the court, you couldn't imagine how he could be detrimental to a locker room.  The two reasons I listed are examples of many others that support my opinion.  Of course, we don't have to disagree.  I can't wait to see how he responds in GS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jay14bay said:

 

Sorry, I will spell things out more clearly when responding to you.  Yes, I think the Kings (or any team) are in theory better when their best player puts in the effort on both ends of the floor.  Even if that means sitting a few more minutes while a replacement-level backup plays a few extra minutes. Besides the on court effect, defensive effort and intensity is an ingredient that goes into culture.  See Boston, for example.

 

The reason I brought this up (along with the emotional outbursts) are exactly to support my opinion that he is in fact a cancer. I should have stated this more clearly. You said that since he is such a good guy on the court, you couldn't imagine how he could be detrimental to a locker room.  The two reasons I listed are examples of many others that support my opinion.  Of course, we don't have to disagree.  I can't wait to see how he responds in GS.

Yea, it is going to be interesting for sure. I made some friendly side bet on Lonzo's shooting percentage last year when that was a controversial topic. I feel Boogie in GS is similar. If I could figure out how to make a line on Boogie in GS I would offer a friendly side bet with you where I took the over on Boogie being in remission in GS and you would take the under on his cancer spreading to GS. If you can figure out how we can make a line I would be down. I will think on it some more as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes a guy just needs a change of scenery.  Can you imagine if he and Draymond swapped places? If Draymond had been in Sac this entire time and Cousins in GSW?   How angry and disruptive would Draymond be?  Winning changes everything.  I think Cousins will have 0 behavioral issues because now he will get a ring and his career earnings are riding on this year.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.