• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Carlos Correa

Juan Soto 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

There's nothing fluky about Soto's opposite field homers. He's been doing it all year including through the minors. He doesn't even center the ball and hits what looks like a routine fly ball and then it just leaves the park.

It's true that it's not a fluke to see him hit opposite field homers.  He has power to all fields like J.D. Martinez.  That actual HR was kind of fluky though as it literally just made it out.  Or maybe lucky is a better word for it, but either way, all of us and the Nats will obviously take it.

The second one was an absolute bomb, so that "makes up for it".

He continues to amaze the team, the announcers, and all of us.  Will he have even a brief period of struggles?  Probably, as even though he's been god-like this whole season (minors and the majors), he's human (I think).  Regardless, what a treat it is to own him and get to see him do this way sooner than any of us ever expected.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It's true that it's not a fluke to see him hit opposite field homers.  He has power to all fields like J.D. Martinez.  That actual HR was kind of fluky though as it literally just made it out.  Or maybe lucky is a better word for it, but either way, all of us and the Nats will obviously take it.

The second one was an absolute bomb, so that "makes up for it".

He continues to amaze the team, the announcers, and all of us.  Will he have even a brief period of struggles?  Probably, as even though he's been god-like this whole season (minors and the majors), he's human (I think).  Regardless, what a treat it is to own him and get to see him do this way sooner than any of us ever expected.

I also clearly remember Soto hitting a ball just in front of the fence to left field during one of his first games this year. A few more feet and it would have been a homer. Instead, it was an out.

Sure, the homer barely cleared the wall. But there's nothing flukey about it.

• Like 1

Just now, ReyesMurphyWright said:

I also clearly remember Soto hitting a ball just in front of the fence to left field during one of his first games this year. A few more feet and it would have been a homer. Instead, it was an out.

He also hit a foul ball about 5 feet short to the exact same spot in his first at bat of this game.  He’s hitting it there on purpose.

• Like 1

Just now, ReyesMurphyWright said:

Like I said, maybe lucky was a better word for it since it just made it over.  Either way, it doesn't really matter in the end since it made it over.

Just now, KilloWertz said:

Like I said, maybe lucky was a better word for it since it just made it over.  Either way, it doesn't really matter in the end since it made it over.

It's not flukey and it's not lucky. He's consistently hitting it around that area. Sometimes he hits routine fly balls, sometimes he hits it just short of the wall, sometimes he hits it just over the wall, and sometimes he hits it well over the wall.

1 minute ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

It's not flukey and it's not lucky. He's consistently hitting it around that area. Sometimes he hits routine fly balls, sometimes he hits it just short of the wall, sometimes he hits it just over the wall, and sometimes he hits it well over the wall.

The fact that it actually made it over is lucky whether he is awesome and hitting it to that part of the field or not regardless.  It wasn't a knock on him or anything at all though of course.

23 minutes ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

4 of his 5 homers are against lefties.

Maybe he's not a platoon player?

4 of his 5 HR off LHP and 3 of his 5 HR to opposite field. Special hitter

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Think about how many fly balls you see hit to the warning track. Those same fly balls from average players instead go for HRs off Soto’s bat. His popups are HRs and his actual HRs are monstrous. 

Edited by exaulz

When's he going to start stealing some bases..geez

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Juan Soto joined Ken Griffey Jr. and Andruw Jones as the youngest players to homer twice at Yankee Stadium. 

Since it was hit at a 45-degree launch angle, Soto's skyscraper shot just barely got out at 338 feet. Perhaps fittingly, the only other player since 2015 with a higher angle on an opposite-field homer is Harper.

What are his chances of making the All-Star game?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, exaulz said:

Think about how many fly balls you see hit to the warning track. Those same fly balls from average players instead go for HRs off Soto’s bat. His popups are HRs and his actual HRs are monstrous. 

He hit a similar one in the minors this year in which the 3b pointed straight up as if it were a pop up. That's a professional ball player reacting to something he saw a thousand times. This time out... 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

That “luck” HR had a 103mph exit velocity and went 338 feet even through he basically hit it straight up. If he had shaved down the angle some, that would have been a bomb. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Juan Soto reached a milestone tonight - he now has accumulated more plate appearances at the major league level this year than any other level.

A: 74 plate appearances (.373/.486/.814, 14 BB, 13 K)

A+: 73 plate appearances (.371/.466/.790, 11 BB, 8 K)

AA: 35 plate appearances (.323/.400 /.581, 4 BB, 7 K)

MLB: 76 plate appearances (.344/.447/.641, 12 BB, 11 K)

Grand Total (258 plate appearances):

.358/.461/.722, 41 BB, 39 K

Not to mention - 19 dingers, 64 RBI

Edited by ReyesMurphyWright
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I can't believe I almost considered leaving him out of my lineup this week.

Start your studs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Better than trout's first 40 games

1 minute ago, Philoumenos said:

I can't believe I almost considered leaving him out of my lineup this week.

Start your studs.

The contrast between the dingers is just perfect.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

Juan Soto reached a milestone tonight - he now has accumulated more plate appearances at the major league level this year than any other level.

lmao this dude just rakes wherever

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mcbane said:

**Dwight Schrute voice**

False. He has not raked in AAA. Because he did not play there. 

Which is superior, a black bear or Juan Soto? Well, there are two schools of thought on that. 

beets-bears-battlestar-galactica-gif-4.g

Can the black bear swing a bat?  BBBG!

Edited by jahweedum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

He hit a similar one in the minors this year in which the 3b pointed straight up as if it were a pop up. That's a professional ball player reacting to something he saw a thousand times. This time out... 

This...as it went out I said the exact same thing.  There is nothing flukey about that HR.  He has done this before.  I was actually much more impressed by the oppo moon shot because it displayed his pop.  That was a very advanced hit.

4 hours ago, ShaneMT said:

This...as it went out I said the exact same thing.  There is nothing flukey about that HR.  He has done this before.  I was actually much more impressed by the oppo moon shot because it displayed his pop.  That was a very advanced hit.

Yeah. The reason it left the ball park was because it was creamed. Like 106mph. The second one was 112. The kid is a monster. 

9 hours ago, ReyesMurphyWright said:

Looks like he struggled against AA pitching.  Good thing they moved him to an easier league!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2