• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Carlos Correa

Juan Soto 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Read right above you. Soto hit a HR for game dated May 15. You didn’t have him in your lineup on May 15. Likely it didn’t count. 

That said, it’ll all be sorted out tomorrow. Live scoring always strange on these days.

Ok that makes sense, thank you

• Like 1

I don't know why this is treated any differently than a game that's postponed.  If the game had been postponed and Soto wasn't in your lineup for that game, you'd get his stats today for the makeup game.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Waker said:

I don't know why this is treated any differently than a game that's postponed.  If the game had been postponed and Soto wasn't in your lineup for that game, you'd get his stats today for the makeup game.  

Because the game already started.  

the stats for Soto today should count, just as if he wasn't to have started a game but then came in as a pinch hitter. if one can argue that Soto wasn't on the roster for when the suspended game started, then he shouldn't have been an option to even come into the game today. Soto didn't start this game when the game started, but he "entered" the game today and his numbers should count.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Waker said:

A suspended game means that nothing was cancelled (re: starting over).  Think of it like a game that went 40 innings over 3 days. If the game started on a friday, they would accrue for that Friday.  

4 minutes ago, The Waker said:

Because in a PPD game there are no stats to carry over from the originally scheduled date. Much easier to deal with that. 

how did Soto even play today? if he wasn't on the roster for the game suspended then he shouldn't have been eligible for this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How do weekly leagues handle this? Is there potential for a win to become a loss? 

3 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

how did Soto even play today? if he wasn't on the roster for the game suspended then he shouldn't have been eligible for this game.

There are injuries and trades in the meantime. If you weren't to allow previously ineligible players to play in the game, you'd be dealing with a smaller and possibly very limited roster. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

the stats for Soto today should count, just as if he wasn't to have started a game but then came in as a pinch hitter. if one can argue that Soto wasn't on the roster for when the suspended game started, then he shouldn't have been an option to even come into the game today. Soto didn't start this game when the game started, but he "entered" the game today and his numbers should count.

Or one could argue that if the Nats had traded Harper after the suspended game he should be allowed to be flown in to finish the suspended game.

The part that is bothering me is Sanchez finally did something and doesn't seem to matter so far.

7 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

They would count when the game started, he wasnt in peoples lineup when the game started so the stats don't count.

10 minutes ago, Magoo said:

A suspended game means that nothing was cancelled (re: starting over).  Think of it like a game that went 40 innings over 3 days. If the game started on a friday, they would accrue for that Friday.  

But why are NO ONE's stats counting today.  This is bizarre

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

They would count when the game started, he wasnt in peoples lineup when the game started so the stats don't count.

They aren't counting for any players, at least in head to head

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Because in a PPD game there are no stats to carry over from the originally scheduled date. Much easier to deal with that. 

I assume the first few innings's worth of stats counted for the owner on May 15.  But none of today's count.

Why?  Or did they erase all the stats from May 15th and this game just doesn't effect anyone's fantasy stats?

Edited by The Waker

Just now, The Waker said:

They aren't counting for any players, at least in head to head

They won't count for H2H.

As I mentioned above, the stats will count for the suspended game ONLY if they were in your starting lineup that day AND  you play in a point league or roto league.  H2H will NOT count.

This is in Yahoo.  Not sure about the others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hanghow said:

There are injuries and trades in the meantime. If you weren't to allow previously ineligible players to play in the game, you'd be dealing with a smaller and possibly very limited roster. 

that is the possibility that would come from suspending a game.

Just now, murraygd13 said:

then he shouldn't have been an option to play in the game.

I've never played H2H so I don't know how scoring works there, but today Soto hit a HR and that should count. if he doesn't count for fantasy, does it even count for real life? if not that's stupid. we see that he hit a HR, how can it not count.

this is some Back to the Future type stuff that boggles the mind.

[ OK, guys, this suspended game tangent is starting to get a bit too far away from Soto's fantasy outlook, and is highly platform specific. Take any questions about how your fantasy platform will handle the stats for today's resumed game over to the platform thread. ] 

• Thanks 3

He should be batting right behind Harper. I would love Harper down to the 3 hole and bat the kid at cleanup.

4 hours ago, hgh22 said:

didnt count for me in the stats but holy crap...

Holy bajeeebus

I vaguely remember this game from awhile back, Tanaka was hammered and I said "thank God this doesn't count"; but now I need power and own Soto so I'm thinking "man I wish this counted!"

I am very confused here but I'll take one less homer in exchange for my ratios not being butchered. Regardless, heck of a drive and it only helps the legend grow!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Redphan said:

I vaguely remember this game from awhile back, Tanaka was hammered and I said "thank God this doesn't count"; but now I need power and own Soto so I'm thinking "man I wish this counted!"

I am very confused here but I'll take one less homer in exchange for my ratios not being butchered. Regardless, heck of a drive and it only helps the legend grow!

You're ratios will still take the hit, unfortunately. Basically, you'll receive stats from anyone you had active the day the game actually began. 

As far as Soto goes, since most of us didn't own/start him that day, we will not be credited with the HR.

2012: Mike Trout 168 OPS+

2018: Juan Soto 170 OPS+

There have been tons of awesome mid-season callups over the years. Trout's rookie seasons stands out as a mid-season callup that won people leagues. Soto is the next, in my opinion. He's special. Levels above what Bellinger did last year.

Trout was a year older... 

• Like 1