Carlos Correa

Juan Soto 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, CAT said:

Yeah except the discussion is whether or not he starts every day and his defense most certainly is a factor as to whether or not he starts every day.  OBVIOUSLY.

Except this discussion seems to be getting blown way out of proportion.

Yeah, he's not a stellar GG fielder. But it's also not like he's Jose Martinez out there, butchering everything that comes within ten feet of him. He's serviceable, young and athletic enough to learn to be better than that, with a bat that's so much exponentially better than his competitors for playing time that it doesn't really matter.

4 minutes ago, CAT said:

Yeah except the discussion is whether or not he starts every day and his defense most certainly is a factor as to whether or not he starts every day.  OBVIOUSLY.

Are you going to sit Soto for Taylor when facing a lefty?

3 minutes ago, dilly3307 said:

He stole third. That’s kinda cool. I know he timed it up but that’s what makes it better. He has the speed and the knowledge to do it. If you think he is gonna steal 30 bags and track balls like JBJ then you are fooling yourself. His speed is fine.Find something else to complain about.

lol 

Someone asked how he was in the field and I answered accordingly. I am not "complaining" about his speed. Reported for trolling.

3 minutes ago, dilly3307 said:

He stole third. That’s kinda cool. I know he timed it up but that’s what makes it better. He has the speed and the knowledge to do it. If you think he is gonna steal 30 bags and track balls like JBJ then you are fooling yourself. His speed is fine.Find something else to complain about.

Yeah, and he did that while hitting 28 ft/sec.

He probably won't end up a super-speedster, but who cares when he's actually got the baseball IQ to learn jumps and routes?

4 minutes ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

lol 

Someone asked how he was in the field and I answered accordingly. I am not "complaining" about his speed. Reported for trolling.

You said he looked slow in the field and on the base paths.

5 minutes ago, dilly3307 said:

You said he looked slow in the field and on the base paths.

I said he doesn't look fast, not that he's slow. Don't put words into my mouth. Just because a player isn't fantastic in every aspect of baseball and someone points it out doesn't mean they are complaining, especially when it has nothing to do with how well he hits the ball (what matters in fantasy). 

Edited by Nickdoggmoneycash

While it's always obviously nice to see an opposite field HR, we all should be thanking Hunter Pence for it since he flat out missed it.  I thought I saw that when I first watched the video posted here, then I watched it on the Nationals' website with announcers and they confirmed what I thought I saw.

Oh, wait, almost everybody else is busy doing the daily discussion of whether a player hitting .339 with an OPS of 1.002 will play everyday over bench fodder...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nickdoggmoneycash said:

I said he doesn't look fast, not that he's slow. Don't put words into my mouth. Just because a player isn't fantastic in every aspect of baseball and someone points it out doesn't mean they are complaining, especially when it has nothing to do with how well he hits the ball (what matters in fantasy). 

What I don’t understand is you trying to make a case for Taylor taking his playing time away because of defence. Possible franchise player gonna sit for Eaton or Taylor? I don’t think so!

There's no way that Soto won't be playing every day. Taylor is not a real threat.

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

While it's always obviously nice to see an opposite field HR, we all should be thanking Hunter Pence for it since he flat out missed it.  I thought I saw that when I first watched the video posted here, then I watched it on the Nationals' website with announcers and they confirmed what I thought I saw.

Oh, wait, almost everybody else is busy doing the daily discussion of whether a player hitting .339 with an OPS of 1.002 will play everyday over bench fodder...

Not just that, but he’s a 19yr old player lefty with 1.000 ops who hasn’t been overmatched by same handed pitching at any point in his career. That’s insane. 

1 minute ago, mcbane said:

Not just that, but he’s a 19yr old player lefty with 1.000 ops who hasn’t been overmatched by same handed pitching at any point in his career. That’s insane. 

It definitely is insane.

In a season full of offensive disappointment, it's been a treat actually having a player to enjoy.  It can be hard some days when everyone else does so poorly, but there are still moments I forget about that and remember about the #SotoPop.

29 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It definitely is insane.

In a season full of offensive disappointment, it's been a treat actually having a player to enjoy.  It can be hard some days when everyone else does so poorly, but there are still moments I forget about that and remember about the #SotoPop.

Man, I was really with you until that hashtag.. as a fellow Soto owner, I respectful decline that nickname. 

But yeah.. dude has been legit. You don’t send down superstars.

Micheal Taylor... ha c’mon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Man, I was really with you until that hashtag.. as a fellow Soto owner, I respectful decline that nickname. 

But yeah.. dude has been legit. You don’t send down superstars.

Micheal Taylor... ha c’mon. 

It's not my fault.  It got started when it was announced he got called up, and I think it was by somebody on Twitter.

You'll be ok.  Just keep looking at his daily lines and you'll forget all about #SotoP.... ;)

• Like 1

Shaping up to be one of the GOAT

Edited by bigbossman

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I know it’s small sample and meaningless, but that 162 game average ???:

.339/.431/1.002

114 runs /29 HR/76 RBI/ 10 SB

(Side note my wife walked by and asked who I was typing heart eyes to. I told her it was a 19 year-old’s baseball stats. I think she wishes I was cheating on her).

Theyll never understand us the way soto’s triple slash line understand us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

(Side note my wife walked by and asked who I was typing heart eyes to. I told her it was a 19 year-old’s baseball stats. I think she wishes I was cheating on her).

This, this wins the forums. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eaton back today. Soto not sent down, as most expected. Soto hitting 6th today. Taylor to bench. We’ll see how this shakes out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Eaton back today. Soto not sent down, as most expected. Soto hitting 6th today. Taylor to bench. We’ll see how this shakes out.

Image result for its go time gif

In other words, Taylor will spell Eaton when they want to give him days off and Soto will still play everyday.  That was expected even though people spent everyday on here wondering.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Game Day Commentary -- use the GDT

5 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

In other words, Taylor will spell Eaton when they want to give him days off and Soto will still play everyday.  That was expected even though people spent everyday on here wondering.

And he can pick up his remaining start or two a week from giving Soto or Harper an occasional off day. Nothing we didn't really expect yet.

2 minutes ago, Philoumenos said:

And he can pick up his remaining start or two a week from giving Soto or Harper an occasional off day. Nothing we didn't really expect yet.

Exactly.  While it is rare to see Harper get a day off (and it has been so far for Soto), that is when Taylor will get another occasional start as well of course.