tywalson

Seranthony Dominguez 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I'm surprised he isn't getting talked about more right now. He's a total steal for me because he's SP/RP eligible and in my league saves are pretty valuable, worth as much points as wins.

 

So I'm running Chapman and Diaz in my two RP slots and him in a SP slot (since my starters have been shaky). He's been pretty lights out lately except for two outings, but he looks like a legit top 10-15 closer ROS if he can maintain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

I'm surprised he isn't getting talked about more right now. He's a total steal for me because he's SP/RP eligible and in my league saves are pretty valuable, worth as much points as wins.

 

So I'm running Chapman and Diaz in my two RP slots and him in a SP slot (since my starters have been shaky). He's been pretty lights out lately except for two outings, but he looks like a legit top 10-15 closer ROS if he can maintain. 

You're lucky he has SP/RP, wish he did in my Yahoo. You would think there would be more chatter for a guy with 34 K's to 4 BB's. He's flashed elite closer stuff in a small sample size, had a couple hiccups recently but still great numbers. Seems like could be a FA steal of the year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonywow said:

You're lucky he has SP/RP, wish he did in my Yahoo. You would think there would be more chatter for a guy with 34 K's to 4 BB's. He's flashed elite closer stuff in a small sample size, had a couple hiccups recently but still great numbers. Seems like could be a FA steal of the year. 

 

He's 4/4 in the last 4 save situations for the Phillies so as of now, he's the guy. He's pretty under the radar right now and criminally under-owned in ESPN leagues. If anyone needs saves, this is the guy to grab. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 12:57 AM, thecomebackkid907 said:

 

He's 4/4 in the last 4 save situations for the Phillies so as of now, he's the guy. He's pretty under the radar right now and criminally under-owned in ESPN leagues. If anyone needs saves, this is the guy to grab. 

48% owned in Y!, 32% owned in ESPN.

 

What are these people thinking?? 

 

In 26.1 IP so far...

 

2.05 ERA, 1.54 FIP, 2.03 xFIP, 1.70 SIERA

 

12.9 K/9 with 1.37 BB/9... 37% K, 4% BB... 33% K:BB

 

20% soft contact, 23.6% hard contact... only 72% Z-contact by hitters!!!

 

18.5% Swinging Strikes

 

98.5 MPH velocity on fastball and 88 MPH on his slider, nasty offerings with big velocity gap. 

 

He's walked a batter in only 3 of his 22 appearances, but has struck out at least 1 batter in 20 of 22.

 

All of this screams elite closer,  what are you people waiting for???? If he can't sustain and goes down the tubes, then cut him. But this combination of talent, performance, and opportunity should not be so widely available. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dead leagues and really casual leagues I can only assume. He's 100% owned at nfbc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dude is like the modern day Eric Gagne workhorse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

I really just don't understand his usage. I know he had 27 pitches on Tuesday but he hadn't pitched since the 30th. 

To understand his usage you have to understand Kapler.  Good luck... hahaha 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His stock has shot up over the last week...although we don’t really know whether he will truly be the “closer”, or if he has just been the de facto closer since their bullpen is trash. 

 

This guy was always groomed as a starter and has been thrown straight into the fire as a rookie reliever. He’s been brilliant in a small sample.  But I think back to that Kapler quote from a Brewers game where Seranthony entered in the 7th, saying “We want to look for the highest-leverage situations to use Seranthony”

 

Neshek is back, so will be interesting to see whether he gets in the mix. Maybe the Phils trade for a 9th inning pitcher as well.  They’re in a playoff hunt, so they’ll obviously have to be careful with Seranthonys usage. 

 

It just seems the Phillies had planned for him to be more Hader and less Knebel.  Both have fantasy value, but obviously different.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the news with this guy? I’ve seen Hunter and Neshek both used in save situations recently and there’s been chatter that they’re favoring Neris now.  I’m curious as to what owners are doing with him now that fantasy playoffs are beginning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

What’s the news with this guy? I’ve seen Hunter and Neshek both used in save situations recently and there’s been chatter that they’re favoring Neris now.  I’m curious as to what owners are doing with him now that fantasy playoffs are beginning. 

I dropped him for Jeffress last week. Not sure who you have as far as SAVES on your waiver wire but id definitely consider making a move toward someone else. Im sure Sir Anthony will run into a W or two within the next few weeks and give you some solid ratios but if SAVES are the only stat your chasing you're probably better off with someone who is more solidified in the 9th inning role. 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

What’s the news with this guy? I’ve seen Hunter and Neshek both used in save situations recently and there’s been chatter that they’re favoring Neris now.  I’m curious as to what owners are doing with him now that fantasy playoffs are beginning. 

 

Looks like he's either running out of gas or the league is catching up to him a bit. Neris has been insane since returning, so if you can pick him up,  I think he'll get the save chances in September. I just made the move in my playoffs matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...