• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
WTP333

Max Muncy 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, Jason123 said:

I picked him up last night and plugged him into my lineup today.  I'm curious to know what people think about him.    Will he keep this up?  

Of course he will.  He's going to hit a HR every game for the rest of the season and shatter the MLB HR record.  He takes the whole baseball world by storm and everyone ends up with a case of the Muncies....

Seriously though, who knows really.  A couple of things would lead you to believe that he can at least remain a productive player for the rest of the season.  He takes a lot of walks and he hits the ball really hard.  I know the latter may sound silly, but it's not like he just all of a sudden starting hitting the ball really hard a few games ago.  Well, actually a third thing since I had almost forgotten that he's been one of the team's better RBI producers all season.  I remember during a broadcast sometime last month they said he lead the team in RBI's per AB, which may not seem like much given how bad their offense was for quite a while, but his RBI total if you average it out over the course a full season is quite good.

What an amazing story this guy has been so far.  

His minor league peripheral statistics indicate this could be real and continue through the season.    

Turner Ward seems like a pretty good hitting coach.  

On 6/3/2018 at 3:47 PM, Halo Fan said:

I've developed a case of the Muncys.

On 6/9/2018 at 6:21 AM, KilloWertz said:

Yep.  I've had him for a little over a week now.  It's been nice to have a guy that I picked up lately actually produce.

More hitters need to get a case of the Muncies...

On 6/9/2018 at 6:24 PM, KilloWertz said:

Add Anibal Sanchez to the list of pitchers that have now suffered a case of the Muncies...

I love that this is catching on! Haha!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Halo Fan said:

I love that this is catching on! Haha!

Of cours it's catching on.  We can't help but continue to have them... :)

Starting at 2B tonight.  Looks like Dodgers want to use him there.  Muncy could be quite the Swiss Army knife soon.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Von Hayes said:

Starting at 2B tonight.  Looks like Dodgers want to use him there.  Muncy could be quite the Swiss Army knife soon.

I believe they will use him at 2B against RHP.  They have a LHP tomorrow - if Turner is in will be interesting to see who else is starting.

Edited by castaway98

1 minute ago, castaway98 said:

I believe they will use him at 2B against RHP.  They have a LHP tomorrow - if Turner is in will be interesting to see who else is starting.

Still works as he'll just slide back to 1B then.  As long as he gets the required starts at 2B vs. RHP, then he'll officially become a Swiss Army knife for us.  Anything above 3 positions is basically the requirement for me.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Still works as he'll just slide back to 1B then.  As long as he gets the required starts at 2B vs. RHP, then he'll officially become a Swiss Army knife for us.  Anything above 3 positions is basically the requirement for me.

Yes - just thought about it some more, you're right.  Bellinger will slide from 1B to CF, Kemp & Puig will man the corners, and 2B will be either Forsythe or Kike.  The shame is they do have a slew of LHP coming up, so it will take a couple of weeks most likely for 2B eligibility (in ESPN leagues, anyway).

Edited by castaway98

I don't know why but I just got the munchies...oh wait that's cuz Muncy went deep!!! What a beast!!!

I'm going to need to see about 5 more HR's before I pick him up off waivers. 

(Just kidding I got him a week ago :-)

5 hours ago, castaway98 said:

Yes - just thought about it some more, you're right.  Bellinger will slide from 1B to CF, Kemp & Puig will man the corners, and 2B will be either Forsythe or Kike.  The shame is they do have a slew of LHP coming up, so it will take a couple of weeks most likely for 2B eligibility (in ESPN leagues, anyway).

Then where do the put the also red hot Pederson?

https://dodgerblue.com/dodgers-news-dave-roberts-praise-max-muncy-does-whatever-it-takes-to-win/2018/06/13/

“A grinder, a guy who is all in and will do whatever it takes for us to win,” Roberts said of his expectations when Muncy arrived from Triple-A on April 17. “I didn’t expect to see the consistent slug and the ability to barrel baseballs. This guy, he knows where the barrel’s at.

“I just didn’t appreciate it. I didn’t know the player. In spring training, obviously it was a small sample. But the more you see him … there’s a lot to like.”

• Like 1

That's your best work yet LOL.  Keep em coming! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You would think they would let Muncy go a game without homering before they would sit him for a game, just to properly align the principles of reinforcement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, castaway98 said:

You would think they would let Muncy go a game without homering before they would sit him for a game, just to properly align the principles of reinforcement.

You would think.  It's an absolutely asinine move by Dave Roberts to bench him tonight.  You don't bench a player who has homered in 4 straight games, even though it is unlikely he would have homered in a 5th straight tonight (although nobody saw him doing it in 4 straight either).  He hasn't had a day off since June 2, and I'm fine with him getting a day off at some point, but not when a player is this hot.  He's killed lefties this season as well, so it's not like he should have been afraid of Muncy going up against Hamels.

I'm not sure why MLB managers are so stupid, and this has nothing to do with me owning Muncy.  I would feel the same way if it was any player.

• Like 2

I guess the Dodgers are not hungry for a win by benching our boy tonight. Lefty lefty matchup does not affect this beast!!!

Out of the lineup again tonight.  A little concerned if they're considering him benching him against lefties...

Doesn't he hit even better against lefties?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Doesn't he hit even better against lefties?

Obviously small sample size this year but 1.017 OPS versus LHP and .997 versus RHP.

34 minutes ago, RJWMN24 said:

Out of the lineup again tonight.  A little concerned if they're considering him benching him against lefties...

That would be annoying.