WTP333

Max Muncy 2018 Outlook

I haven't owned him long but he's been on the bench more than I'd like for sure. Although he did start against a lefty last night and went 0-4 so may not be the worst thing. 

Message to Dave Roberts:  MAX MUNCY IS BETTER AGAINST LHP THAN RHP!  Dumb @ss!

Ok, I feel a bit better now, but only a bit sadly...

Of all the managers I find myself wondering WTF about, Roberts is by far the most frequent.

It's about defense. Bellinger is awesome at first base. That's the real worry I believe.

Concerned that MM is gonna have to stay white hot to get PT as the team gets healthier. 

So Muncy has grabbed the pine two of the last four games. Is the happy-fun ride over? Are the Dodgers getting healthy or something? Any Dodger fans with any insight on this situation? 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

So Muncy has grabbed the pine two of the last four games. Is the happy-fun ride over? Are the Dodgers getting healthy or something? Any Dodger fans with any insight on this situation? 

I picked him up at the start of the week. I dropped him yesterday so he should be good to go now :) 

2 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

I picked him up at the start of the week. I dropped him yesterday so he should be good to go now :) 

the office crying GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Seems like a LHP issue as far as I can tell. And a lefty came in and K’d him in the 9th last night, which won’t help the situation. 

In weekly leagues we’ll have to make a decision as to whether or not he’s worth the hold. This week LAD play 6 games, and 3 are against LHP, so I’m benching him because I’m assuming he’ll only start 3. There may be other weeks where they play 7 and 6 are against RHP. I’m holding a little longer.

16 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Seems like a LHP issue as far as I can tell. And a lefty came in and K’d him in the 9th last night, which won’t help the situation. 

In weekly leagues we’ll have to make a decision as to whether or not he’s worth the hold. This week LAD play 6 games, and 3 are against LHP, so I’m benching him because I’m assuming he’ll only start 3. There may be other weeks where they play 7 and 6 are against RHP. I’m holding a little longer.

Shouldn't be a LHP issue, though...he's slashing .286/.375/607 with 3 HR, 7 RBI in 28 AB (32 PA) vs LHP. 

Maybe I'm biased, but I'd like to see him get his starts at 2B over Forsythe, but I'm guessing Forsythe's defense is superior to Muncy's. 

7 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Hitting 2nd today AND playing 2B. Great sign.

Except for that whole stupid weather thing. :(

Well, he’s gold in an OBP league but man all these walks suck in an AVG league.

10 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Well, he’s gold in an OBP league but man all these walks suck in an AVG league.

Wasn't a huge deal no matter what the league while he was on fire.  Now it's possible Dave Roberts cooled him off, even if he wasn't going to keep having games like that forever.

Still an obvious hold though imo.  While he wasn't always hitting at that high of a level, he had been decent before then.  Another hot streak will likely come again at some point, and it's not like the K's are piling up during this cool down period.  That would make these last few games more worrisome if he was striking out a bunch.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 1:58 PM, Gotham_Soldier said:

2B eligibility would be gravy!  

Not just gravy, country gravy with sausage and bacon!

• Haha 1

Utley could be activated in the next couple days. I love the walks lately but he's 1 for his last 13 and running out of places to play.

1 for 13?  Jesus... what is that a 4 game stretch?  

Nice sample size...  ::FACE PALM:: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazyfingers711 said:

PurQ.gif

• Haha 2

Sure, his hot streak he was on his over (thanks Dave Roberts), but a little rough patch after it is not enough to be that concerned.  Plus, he's not going to be pressed for playing time unless he continues to slide and falls flat on his face.  Don't see that happening since he's still walking, so I don't feel there's a reason to be worried about his playing time.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

How many walks in that span? They may not mean much for fantasy but the Dodgers' decisionmakers definitely care.  Especially when it comes to lineup position.  

They cant afford to sit him for Utley

Edited by The Waker

Batting 2nd and starting at 2nd tonight.  Closing in on expanding that eligibility...

• Like 2

This will be his third start at 2B...will need just two more for Yahoo leagues after tonight. 

Max Muncy (3B/1B – Los Angeles Dodgers)

“Out in the City of Angels, Max Muncy has continued to produce for the men in blue. A 27-year-old Texan, Muncy has put his two underwhelming seasons with Oakland in the rearview mirror. Muncy is rocking a .500 OBP over the last two weeks – despite a .200 BABIP – and his 35% Walk Rate over that stretch is something out of the Ted Williams Hitting Manual. In 184 plate appearances this year, Muncy’s slash line reads .257/.397/.574. In other words, Muncy has performed like Aaron Judge. Additionally, his 11.4% Barrel Rate (Brls/PA) is 5th in baseball, behind only J.D. Martinez, Mookie Betts, Joey Gallo, and Teoscar Hernandez. Perhaps more impressive, Muncy is 2nd in all of baseball in Barrels per Batted Ball Attempt(Brls/BBE), which is a strong measure of power. While it would be foolish to expect this dominance to continue, he is a must-own player in every league. At 62% owned, there is a chance that your league-mates are sleeping on Max. Grab him now, ask questions later”

curtousy of pitchers list^^^^

Muncy hit a mammoth home run last night. After watching that homer, my questions of his power gains have been easily dismissed.

• Like 1