WTP333

Max Muncy 2018 Outlook

Would be awesome if he stays 3rd in the order behind Machado...

They put him there tonight vs a lefti

1 hour ago, The Waker said:

Would be awesome if he stays 3rd in the order behind Machado...

They put him there tonight vs a lefti

I don't see why they would change the order.  They don't have anyone else to put there.  The only difference when they face a righty should be Bellinger up to 5th.

11 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I don't see why they would change the order.  They don't have anyone else to put there.  The only difference when they face a righty should be Bellinger up to 5th.

Yeah hopefully they don't see Turner as the player he was last year.

1 hour ago, The Waker said:

Yeah hopefully they don't see Turner as the player he was last year.

Forgot about Turner somehow, but still, nobody is doing much underneath Kemp (Grandal is solid outside of BA, but still), so I don't see a ton of reason to drop Muncy down.  We'll see how thing shake out obviously, but I really don't see Muncy dropping to a spot that would hurt his value.  The really high OBP definitely helps that too.

3 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Forgot about Turner somehow, but still, nobody is doing much underneath Kemp (Grandal is solid outside of BA, but still), so I don't see a ton of reason to drop Muncy down.  We'll see how thing shake out obviously, but I really don't see Muncy dropping to a spot that would hurt his value.  The really high OBP definitely helps that too.

He is 5th in wOBA.  Wow

49 minutes ago, harmoam said:

So what are we looking at ROS for Muncy? 

ABs, Walks, the occasional HR...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, harmoam said:

So what are we looking at ROS for Muncy? 

More of the same, although I expect him to wear down a bit.  He’s never played more than 140 games and that was in 2013.

2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

ABs, Walks, the occasional solo HR...

Fixed

• Haha 2

I was under the impression he was going to be 2B eligible by now?

8 hours ago, Kamura said:

I was under the impression he was going to be 2B eligible by now?

Hasn't played a single game at 2B since Puig went on the DL.  Been stuck at 9 in ESPN leagues for a couple of weeks.

Manny Machado will be the Dodgers' everyday third baseman while Justin Turner (groin) is sidelined.

Machado is making his first start of the second at third base Monday. It's unclear at this point how long Turner will be out, but it's looking like Machado will have a good chance to retain eligibility at two positions next season. Chris Taylor is back at shortstop Monday, with Max Muncy at first base and Cody Bellinger in center field.

I find it funny the Dodgers do this, they would rather shuffle 4 guys around than none?

Why not Taylor in CF, Manny at SS, Muncy at 3B and Bell at 1B?  seems normal

15 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Manny Machado will be the Dodgers' everyday third baseman while Justin Turner (groin) is sidelined.

Machado is making his first start of the second at third base Monday. It's unclear at this point how long Turner will be out, but it's looking like Machado will have a good chance to retain eligibility at two positions next season. Chris Taylor is back at shortstop Monday, with Max Muncy at first base and Cody Bellinger in center field.

I find it funny the Dodgers do this, they would rather shuffle 4 guys around than none?

Why not Taylor in CF, Manny at SS, Muncy at 3B and Bell at 1B?  seems normal

Muncy made two game-changing errors at third on Saturday that more than likely lost the game.  I'm sure they feel much more comfortable with him at first.

30 minutes ago, TC84 said:

Ugh, the 2B elig doesn't look like it's coming

Hopefully when Puig comes back from the DL he will.  Bellinger shifts back to 1B, Machado plays 3B until Turner comes back, and Taylor starts at SS.  Muncy plays 2B over the bums Utley and Forsythe.  

I love comps.  What is a good comp for Muncy?

5 hours ago, B&F said:

I love comps.  What is a good comp for Muncy?

As far as stats.... prime Edwin Encarnacion.

But he may have room for a higher average.  Also walks a good bit more

39 minutes ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Muncy’s K rate and swing strike rate have been on the rise. I hope the Muncy mania is not coming to an end :(  

Everyone goes to slump. Not worry about Muncy he's the real deal

1 hour ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Muncy’s K rate and swing strike rate have been on the rise. I hope the Muncy mania is not coming to an end :(  

He just missed a homer by 6 inches foul tonight.  

His OBP wasn't going to continue forever.

Even with his 0/6 tonight he's 6 of his last 21.

7 hours ago, The Waker said:

He just missed a homer by 6 inches foul tonight.  

His OBP wasn't going to continue forever.

Even with his 0/6 tonight he's 6 of his last 21.

His OBP wasn’t going to continue forever but sustainability centers around his perceived strong plate discipline. However, over the last month his swinging strike rate has risen to 11% and in the last week 13%. A 13% swinging strike rate is a lot less appealing then the 6% swinging strike rate he showed in June. 

1 hour ago, Jimmymckrack said:

His OBP wasn’t going to continue forever but sustainability centers around his perceived strong plate discipline. However, over the last month his swinging strike rate has risen to 11% and in the last week 13%. A 13% swinging strike rate is a lot less appealing then the 6% swinging strike rate he showed in June. 

He's 5th right now in wOBA.  He wasn't/isn't going to sustain that.  Unless you thought he was actually the next JD Martinez I don't see how you can be concerned right now.  Some regression was inevitable.

Edited by The Waker
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2018 at 11:05 AM, abachar said:

Hopefully when Puig comes back from the DL he will.  Bellinger shifts back to 1B, Machado plays 3B until Turner comes back, and Taylor starts at SS.  Muncy plays 2B over the bums Utley and Forsythe.  

I am also cautiously optimistic that the Puig return is what will trigger Muncy to 2B.  Same logic as you lay out.  Machado at 3B, Taylor at 2B, Bellinger at 1B.  Pederson, Puig, and Kike in the OF (against RHP).

His sitting at 9 games at 2B has been torture.

Edited by castaway98