WTP333

Max Muncy 2018 Outlook

7 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

I am not opposed to these days off. He's clearly struggling, and there is a ton of mouthes to feed in that Dodger lineup.

Take the week off, Max. We know what you are capable of. 

that lineup is going to be a carousel for sure

Muncy has the same swing in games as with the derby.  Seeing zero correlation here to a slump.  This is his first full MLB season and he's gonna have to press through the dog days.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Muncy has the same swing in games as with the derby.  Seeing zero correlation here to a slump.  This is his first full MLB season and he's gonna have to press through the dog days.

Muncy is also a career .229 hitter in the MLB + MILB so I dont think this slump is necessarily out of no where.  

5 hours ago, DemOrioles said:

Giving him until the rest of the week then I'm bailing.  Would rather stash Eloy or Cano.

I picked him up earlier this season because his walk to strikeout ratio was incredible in addition to his power.  He seems to have gone away from that and I don’t know why.

How is anyone complaining about anything muncy related? The guy had 23 hrs in half a season,for absolutely nothing.  Its like winning the lottery and complaining about having to wait in line to collect the money.

57 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

How is anyone complaining about anything muncy related? The guy had 23 hrs in half a season,for absolutely nothing.  Its like winning the lottery and complaining about having to wait in line to collect the money.

This argument is fine for ROTO leagues.  H2H is a different story.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zig Zag said:

Muncy is also a career .229 hitter in the MLB + MILB so I dont think this slump is necessarily out of no where.  

.229 hitter in MLB over 485 AB. 

.276 hitter in MiLB over 1,974 AB. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

I'm definitely not complaining about what he gave me pre-ASB, but I also didn't expect him to keep anything like this up all season. I traded him as soon as I could with a late-rd tag in a keeper league to the team in last place that is building for next year. Even when he was popping solo HR after solo HR, I didn't foresee him finishing the season on my roster. 

Now maybe he breaks out of this slump and hits .260 with 10-12 HR over the final two months...I'm just not a believer he'll do that or a believer in him longterm. 

• Like 2

Ok a walk and a double, I’ll take it.  Maybe the reports of his death were greatly exaggerated.

2 hours ago, FUM said:

Ok a walk and a double, I’ll take it.  Maybe the reports of his death were greatly exaggerated.

No way. Not on this site. All rational people on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Zig Zag said:

Flyman addressed your poor argument.

Again Max Muncy's swing has always been the same.  Derby curse is bull**** in this instance.  Nice try though.

17 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm definitely not complaining about what he gave me pre-ASB, but I also didn't expect him to keep anything like this up all season. I traded him as soon as I could with a late-rd tag in a keeper league to the team in last place that is building for next year. Even when he was popping solo HR after solo HR, I didn't foresee him finishing the season on my roster. 

Now maybe he breaks out of this slump and hits .260 with 10-12 HR over the final two months...I'm just not a believer he'll do that or a believer in him longterm. 

Is there is a reason? Something you see that will cause him problems with more exposer? Or is this just because he was a late bloomer?

9 hours ago, FUM said:

Two doubles, actually. Both in the same inning. Really hope he can build on it.. Please don't sit him today Roberts.

8 hours ago, STLSU said:

Flyman addressed your poor argument.

Again Max Muncy's swing has always been the same.  Derby curse is bull**** in this instance.  Nice try though.

First of all it's not an argument, it's a discussion.  I wasn't trying to even state an opinion just putting some info out there because Muncy is struggling right now and this might be part of the reason.  Granted I read the numbers wrong on Fangraphs and put some bad info out there.  My apologies for that but thankfully Flyman caught it and corrected me.  The way you're coming at me is as if you're a Muncy owner and upset that he is/was struggling.  Back off the ledge buddy, it's just fantasy baseball.

• Like 3

My thoughts on the homerun derby messing up players swings is that it's a crock of s---. It's just a flawed belief IMO. The reason these players are invited to the home run derby in most cases is because they go on a first half tear and hit a lot of bombs at a usually unrealistic pace (Max Muncy). So players like that get the invite. Then, said players, naturally decline in the second half because that home run pace they were at before the break is unsustainable. So the common narrative is that the home run derby messes up the swing because these  players aren't hitting as many home runs as in the first half. But realistically, it's just a natural decline because baseball is hard and players can't typically keep up with their first half home run pace, which got them the derby nod in the first place.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

I just can't drop with all that position eligibility and 4 games at Coors this week...

Tell me my son, what good is Coors if you can't make contact with the ball?  3 more K's today.

8 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Tell me my son, what good is Coors if you can't make contact with the ball?  3 more K's today.

I'm pretty sure, check me on this, that it's literally easier to make contact at Coors. Breaking balls don't break as much.

This clown is done. I have never seen someone just lose it as badly as he has in such a short time.

Edited by FUM

18 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

I just can't drop with all that position eligibility and 4 games at Coors this week...

I see your point but how many of those 4 will he play after looking like he needs to be demoted?

7 minutes ago, FUM said:

This clown is done. I have never seen someone just lose it as badly as he has in such a short time.

Bryan LaHair, Chris Shelton.

On 8/3/2018 at 11:12 AM, Zig Zag said:

First of all it's not an argument, it's a discussion.  I wasn't trying to even state an opinion just putting some info out there because Muncy is struggling right now and this might be part of the reason.  Granted I read the numbers wrong on Fangraphs and put some bad info out there.  My apologies for that but thankfully Flyman caught it and corrected me.  The way you're coming at me is as if you're a Muncy owner and upset that he is/was struggling.  Back off the ledge buddy, it's just fantasy baseball.

No worries bra

• Thanks 1