WTP333

Max Muncy 2018 Outlook

4 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

His power by all accounts appears to be real. He has a knack for drawing walks. We've seen plenty of great production from guys with K's in the 30's range. He does not have platoon splits. Kemp has crater and Taylor as regressed back to being Taylor. I get why the Dodgers still want to give them chances after being major role players not too long ago.

If the argument is the fielding the best team to win. Its Muncy in the lineup, Taylor in a super utility and Kemp on the bench. While Joc/Kiki still do the platoon thing. With Bellinger in the OF, who is more than athletic enough for it and is already likely to be better than Kemp.

Agreed.  Like I wrote, this is not the time of uear to be patient when you are chasing a playoff spot in a very crowded wild card race should they lose the division.  Sample size since the ASB shows Muncy to be the hitter you stated.  He sees the ball well and that's why he crushed the sinker Diaz threw on a 3-2 count ( shoulda went slider but it was a chase only pitch that night).

9 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Agreed.  Like I wrote, this is not the time of uear to be patient when you are chasing a playoff spot in a very crowded wild card race should they lose the division.  Sample size since the ASB shows Muncy to be the hitter you stated.  He sees the ball well and that's why he crushed the sinker Diaz threw on a 3-2 count ( shoulda went slider but it was a chase only pitch that night).

Disagree .. 

Max slash line 214/287/524 after all star game ... that looks like crap in my eyes 

also add in 35K .. 42% k-man 

1 hour ago, RotoBird said:

He is a legit stud, just going through a rough stretch. Gonna bounce back soon and put on a power display. 

Legit stud? No. He's a good player who should be getting more PT somewhere (like 1B and play Bellinger in the OF), but he's not a "legit stud". 

Out again tonight vs. Gomber.  Killer in weeklies.  Gonna have to move on with playoffs looming.

28 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Out again tonight vs. Gomber.  Killer in weeklies.  Gonna have to move on with playoffs looming.

He's killer in both weekly and heads up. He's basically a bench guy that has a good chance of being off when one of your other players are off. So even when one of your other hitters is off for the day, there is a good chance Muncy will be off as well. What's the point? It's just not worth it.. Unfortunate situation for him and for owners who have him, but it's not going to get better unless there are injuries. 

He's started 2 out of his last 7 games. That's ugly. 

Edited by hangin n wangin

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

He's killer in both weekly and heads up. He's basically a bench guy that has a good chance of being off when one of your other players are off. So even one of your other hitters is off for the day, there is a good chance Muncy will be off as well. It's just not worth.. Unfortunate situation for him and for owners who have him, but it's not going to get better unless there are injuries. 

Taylor or Kike seem to me like sits below Muncy versus average LHP.  He hits LHP at a .273 clip YTD.  

It's whatever. 

Pretty bizarre. Guy goes through a slump, hits hrs on back to back nights, and then gets benched. I play in a daily and I'm holding because I still believe in the talent. Understand not everyone can however.

1 minute ago, Elviplatinum said:

Complete disrespect. Your starting outfielder and 2nd baseman hitting .220

But its cool...smh

Ahaha this is so true this is why I had to drop him he’s just not valuable for H2H if he’s not starting everyday which he should be you hit two hrs in two days I guess that means you deserve the bench .

I'm not dropping obviously.  He's 96% owned in CBS and a possible keeper. [Removed Cool Story] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Doesn't mean he won't play everyday next season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Max Muncy is fun to watch, isn't MLB entertainment? My guy hits bombs...fans love him, what are you doing Roberts?????

He can't hear me -_-

Edited by Elviplatinum
  • Like 1

7th inning:

Step aside Kike . . . this is hereon a job for Maxwell Smart, professional hitter!

• Like 1

Supposedly Roberts loves Belly in CF.  Kike is decent in Right and Left but has negative UZR and DRS in CF.  Belly has 2 DRS in CF and is certainly worth more offensively.  Max needs to play 1st as much as possible regardless of the SP given his favorable splits.  Good grief.

• Like 1

And another.  Plus a single and a run earlier.  

Also they have him leading off?!

Thats gotta be a good sign 

• Like 1

Killer slump he's in right now hope he snaps out of it soon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1