WTP333

Max Muncy 2018 Outlook

Got a mediocre lefty on the mound.  Time to cool off that Funky Muncie bat . . .

7 hours ago, elrey said:

Killer slump he's in right now hope he snaps out of it soon

Foreal.  Last 30 days he’s had 65 AB’s with 6 homers (1st on team with fewer ABs than everyone) and a .906 OPS (2nd on team).  .231 avg isn’t great but let’s compare that to Kemp or Dozier or Peterson or Taylor.  

Unbelievable. They’re gonna sit him. Dodgers are extremely poorly managed this year. Why even try the rest of the year?

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, STLSU said:

Dude has been putting up MONSTER numbers whenever he gets the chance to play this year. Any other team and he's easily an everyday player. Just stick him in LF and rotate the rest of the outfielders. Dodgers don't want to make the playoffs I guess

• Like 5

DH-ing tonight, batting cleanup. Question for weekly leaguers is will they let him start some of the 3 games against LHP? I feel like throwing him in there and seeing what happens.

6 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

DH-ing tonight, batting cleanup. Question for weekly leaguers is will they let him start some of the 3 games against LHP? I feel like throwing him in there and seeing what happens.

Weekly leaguers? Do you know it’s Tuesday and the week started yesterday?

3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Weekly leaguers? Do you know it’s Tuesday and the week started yesterday?

Did the Dodgers play yesterday?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Did the Dodgers play yesterday?

Oh wow. I’m in a weekly league and rosters lock 1st game on Monday. Didn’t know that was an option ??‍♂️

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Safe play next week or is the dude gonna sit half the games?

Probably facing 3 lefties next week and Dave Roberts is an idiot, so...

• Like 1

Roberts should be fired if they miss the postseason.  He has no feel for this game.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:58 PM, Backdoor Slider said:

Oh wow. I’m in a weekly league and rosters lock 1st game on Monday. Didn’t know that was an option ??‍♂️

You should change that. We can do it so lineups don't set for a particular player until 5 min before his team's first game of the week

Dave Roberts will be fired when the Dodgers lose the division.  Behind in WC standings too.  Put in beasts like Freese as a pinch hitter.  Hernandez with his .230 average.  Muncy .996 OPS vs LHP.  Good luck Roberts on keeping your team together.

• Like 1

Playoff round 2 SP matchups ... Bailey (R), Castillo (R, DeSclafani (R), Gant (R), Wainwright (R), Mikolas (R)

Looks good for both Muncy and Bellinger

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MasonBlue said:

Playoff round 2 SP matchups ... Bailey (R), Castillo (R, DeSclafani (R), Gant (R), Wainwright (R), Mikolas (R)

That week is the only reason I haven’t dropped Muncy in a weekly roto. He may be droppable after lineups lock for next week.

On 9/4/2018 at 7:58 PM, MasonBlue said:

Kinda sucked that this week's COL series features lefties Freeland and Anderson.  I went with Belly due to the good numbers but he'll probably sit a minimum of Freeland there.  

Next week is also round 2 for us so I'm excited.