• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  

36 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Also no.  This is just my personal preference but I don’t feel drawn by big men of any kind.  I played shooting guard so I have a natural affinity toward shooting guards, especially SHOOTING guards ala Korver types.  I have some respect for the pure dominance of Shaq and other big men.  But I could never imagine being them in a million years whereas I can at least imagine being like Korver if things had broke for me differently.  

I like some of what Brock said.  I think it was a Freakonomics show that argued that the greatest indicator of someone making it to the NBA is having a parent who was a professional athlete. So Curry was incredibly privileged in that regard. But for me that also plays into my affinity for him.  He came from a good wholesome home.  Married his sweetheart.  A lot of people knew he was talented but when he had ankle issues a lot of people said he was a bust. You can’t tell me no one called him a bust because I remember it very clearly.  Finally when he gets his break his game is so beautiful, so perfect.  He’s the swaggiest sexiest shooter of all time imo and since shooting the long ball is what excites me ofc curry is going to be my guy.  Then after he finally  achieves stardom he sacrifices a part of that so they can add a superstar who overshadows him to an extent in Durant.  Imo it was Curry’s selflessness and humility that allowed them to add Durant.  Remember as nice of a guy Durant was, he couldn’t get along long term with Westbrook so Curry is a special personality in that regard.  Imo he’s the personification of everything good about basketball and even humanity at large. He’s such a kind, humble, person who will sacrifice for the betterment of the team even though he’s the best shooter of all time and would be perfectly justified in being selfish.  Klay Thompson is the same way I am just not as drawn to him the same way as I’m drawn to Curry.  You can’t really argue because I admit it’s just a feeling I have.  I think arguing about the GOAT is pointless because it’s subjective.  But if you want know how I feel, I’m more drawn to Curry than everyone else in the NBA combined.

Even though Klay Thompson is a SHOOTING guard ala just like Korver. But I get your point. :-)

Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Even though Klay Thompson is a SHOOTING guard ala just like Korver. But I get your point. :-)

Curry is the greatest SHOOTING guard ever even if he is not a shooting guard if you get my drift :)

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You talking about Tom Brady?

Lol I guess there are similarities.  I think with guys like Curry or Brady they eventually get hated because they are so dominant.  People have a very short memory and have a hard time dealing with hypotheticals. They love an underdog story.  Believe it or not both Curry and Brady were once underdogs though their legacy will say otherwise.  Hell even Jordan was an underdog from being cut from the varsity high school team to being good not great in college.  Gets injured his first year in the NBA.  Some people are calling him a bust.  Gets the s--- beat out of him by the Bad Boys. 

Conversely, everyone was bowing to LeBron from high school.  Sure the teams he was on sucked but his individual ability was never in question.  Again this is just personal preference so take it as a grain of salt but his story really isn’t compelling to me.

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

computer nerd? You make it sounds like Stephen Curry fell out of a tree and landed in the NBA. You could see the kid was something special in college. A sweet stroke, a scoring machine. Stephen's father Dell played in the NBA in case you forgot.

If that's all you're basing it on, I hate to break it to you, but .......dime-a-dozen.

• Like 1

Poor Monta Ellis. He didn’t know that he was possibly playing with the best Shooting PG ever in the game. And now look at him. A free agent, dang near out the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

If that's all you're basing it on, I hate to break it to you, but .......dime-a-dozen.

He was the scoringest of scoring machines.  And I think people underestimate the extent of his resolve bc of his baby face.  The Splash Bros are so much tougher than people give them credit for.  They both have played through injury that have shutdown lesser players.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Poor Monta Ellis. He didn’t know that he was possibly playing with the best Shooting PG ever in the game. And now look at him. A free agent, dang near out the league.

He didn’t have much choice in the matter.  They traded him for injured Andrew Bogut which caused that Grantland article to be written....which was just two years before their breakout lol. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

He didn’t have much choice in the matter.  They traded him for injured Andrew Bogut which caused that Grantland article to be written....which was just two years before their breakout lol. 

Well technically yes and no. When the organization drafts a guy (Curry a combo guard) and reporters ask you can you envision yourself playing alongside a guy on the same court, and your response is outright "No", then that is the problem. There is plenty of articles that states that he didn't want to play with Curry, hated the organization for drafting him and did not help Curry's development his first two & a half seasons. Ellis just didn't like Curry. 

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Well technically yes and no. When the organization drafts a guy (Curry a combo guard) and reporters ask you can you envision yourself playing alongside a guy on the same court, and your response is outright "No", then that is the problem. There is plenty of articles that states that he didn't want to play with Curry, hated the organization for drafting him and did not help Curry's development his first two & a half seasons. Ellis just didn't like Curry. 

Didn’t like him because he knew he was going to take his job lol 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Didn’t like him because he knew he was going to take his job lol 

Just like how Monta took Brandon Jennings job? C’mon lol.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers

Poor Monta?

As much as I liked him when he was on the Warriors, let's not forget the infamous moped accident (which happened right after his 6 year contract extension) during the 2008 offseason. He shredded his ankle and was never the same player after recovered, got suspended for 30 games without pay (immediately causing a rift with management after a long-term extension), the team went 29-53 allowing the Warriors to draft... yup, Stephen Curry.

Sure, Warriors management could've handled the incident better but I'd say a lot of what happened was self-inflicted. It was a career-changing incident for him (both in terms of health and team relationship) and indirectly changed the NBA landscape for the next several years, up to the present.

I'd say that feeling sorry for Monta for not wanting to play w/ Curry and getting traded seems to be off the mark when you look at the bigger picture.

• Like 2

Could be wrong but I think he was being tongue in cheek when he said poor Monta.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Lol I guess there are similarities.  I think with guys like Curry or Brady they eventually get hated because they are so dominant.  

There’s always a sad group of people that hate a player or team for the main purpose of them having a lengthy dominance. Yes, there are dominant players that have understandable hate but Curry and Brady are pure class and huge underdogs in their respective sport from a physical standpoint.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

That was a HUGE trade - in part because by taking Ellis off the team, they lost just enough to keep their pick (had it been 1 later they would of lost it) that pick was Harrison Barnes who was an underrated part of that first Championship and really their turnaround.  That was a great draft Barnes, Festus and Draymond in the 2nd. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, parrothead said:

That was a HUGE trade - in part because by taking Ellis off the team, they lost just enough to keep their pick (had it been 1 later they would of lost it) that pick was Harrison Barnes who was an underrated part of that first Championship and really their turnaround.  That was a great draft Barnes, Festus and Draymond in the 2nd. 

Not to mention Bogut himself was key.  Coincidentally I am a Ute grad and I was in law school when Alex Smith and Bogut were drafted, the first time the #1 overall pick in both the NBA and NFL came from the same school.  Never knew Bogut but Smith was really cool, but I digress. 

On 6/28/2018 at 1:36 AM, Auction>Snake said:

1995 Jordan choked in the eastern conference finals and was beaten by Shaq & Penny. He needed Rodman to beat them in 1996.

Was not even the Eastern Conference finals, it was the semis Bulls were the 5 seed, Finals ended up Pacers or Knicks vs the Magic.  

On 7/4/2018 at 11:07 AM, shakestreet said:

Wrong WRONG 

the NBA system is broken .... we all know this contract salary shi5 needs to be fixed 

With as important as one player is in the NBA - you would think they would propose a Franchise player tag like the NFL, the "you get paid a little extra from home team" isnt working. .  

On 7/5/2018 at 8:13 AM, brockpapersizer said:

Everyone is allowed to have whatever reasons they want to cheer for anyone. It's true, Steph Curry is a much better shooter than Lebron and is much less of an athletic specimen.  He is obviously less physically gifted than Lebron, as  are 99%+ of humans.

That being said.  Lebron isn't just an elite body with little actual talent/basketball smarts.  There are plenty of people who are athletic freaks that couldn't even touch the NBA let alone dominate it for a decade.  Lebron is a super intelligent NBA player that often gets overlooked by people who just write him off as just a freak athlete. It would be dumb for him to develop as a finesse player given his body. 

Additionally, I heard this argument with Kobe back in the day as well. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that Lebron is more athletic than Kobe. But someone like Kobe won the NBA Dunk competition. Do you know the percentage of humans that could even compete in an NBA dunk competition?  To be in the NBA, you pretty much have to be a god gifted athlete to begin with.  These are basically all athletic freaks.  Calling guys like /Kobe/Curry whoever as just hard working guys who got their on just their hard work and practice and not Lebron is just not accurate. There are plenty of who have played basketball all their life and are under 6'2" or whatever, and have 0 percent chance of making the NBA regardless of how hard they work. 

Lastly, don't underestimate the ridiculous advantage/privilege Steph Curry was born into by having a wealthy upbringing and a father with first hand NBA experience. Steph Curry deserves every good that ever happens to him, and by all accounts he seems like a great guy and extremely hard working, but who knows where he'd be if his father wasn't a former NBA player let alone in his life. Having a mentor who has your back 100% and gone through the rigors of the NBA before is being very overlooked if someone is saying Lebron is only in the NBA because of his athleticism while Curry is just a regular guy who worked hard.

If it was such an advantage, why are so few children of NBA players actually good enough to play in the NBA? Many NBA fathers are deadbeats (i.e. Scottie Pippen). 

On 7/5/2018 at 1:23 PM, darkyume said:

Poor Monta?

As much as I liked him when he was on the Warriors, let's not forget the infamous moped accident (which happened right after his 6 year contract extension) during the 2008 offseason. He shredded his ankle and was never the same player after recovered, got suspended for 30 games without pay (immediately causing a rift with management after a long-term extension), the team went 29-53 allowing the Warriors to draft... yup, Stephen Curry.

Sure, Warriors management could've handled the incident better but I'd say a lot of what happened was self-inflicted. It was a career-changing incident for him (both in terms of health and team relationship) and indirectly changed the NBA landscape for the next several years, up to the present.

I'd say that feeling sorry for Monta for not wanting to play w/ Curry and getting traded seems to be off the mark when you look at the bigger picture.

Loved him as the up and coming HS drafted 2nd rounder 6th man scorer on the We Believe team, but like so many before him in the Warriors dark days, if he is your best player, you are going nowhere.  Whether that was Antawn Jamison, Larry Hughes, or whatever fraud the Dubs trotted out there as their "Franchise" player, that was always the biggest issue for me.  Who is the guy at the top of the roster?  

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 10:24 AM, RedDogNamedClippers said:

There was a lot of chatter shortly after the 2009 draft that the Warriors were gonna flip Curry for Amare Stoudemire.   The NBA draft usually falls on a Thursday which is often the first night of our annual golf buddies weekend which is an out of town event, I remember being in some dive bar, most of the guys on the trip are Warrior fans and everyone was pumped we were getting Amare...thankfully that fell through

• Like 1