Sign in to follow this  
The Big Bat Theory

Kansas City Royals 2018 Outlook

I could not find a 218 thread for them because, well, they weren't worth one.  But now their ownership agrees and are first up into the "open for business" time for non-contenders.   They say "at the deadline" but it would make more sense to trade now so the other team gets more value (games) out of the would be tradee and so may offer more back as a result.

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, the Royals are "quietly" letting teams know they plan to be sellers at the trade deadline.

The 16-33 Royals have no chance of competing this year and are looking to rebuild by trading some of their bigger names for prospects. Heyman named Kelvin Herrera and Mike Moustakas, who are both headed for free agency after this year, as players the Royals would consider trading. He also said they'd be open to shopping Lucas Duda, Jon Jay and Whit Merrifield. Herrera has been excellent in the closer's role this year and is almost certain to be traded at or before the July 31 deadline. The Astros, who have been searching for late-inning depth and a possible upgrade on Ken Giles, would be a logical fit.

Source: Fan Rag Sports            May 24 - 7:53 PM

I must say I'm surprised they would trade Merrifield but I guess they aren't looking to compete for several more years so why not.

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I must say I'm surprised they would trade Merrifield but I guess they aren't looking to compete for several more years so why not.

Yeah Whit’s already 29, might as well see what they can get for him while he’s hot.

Alcides Escobar currently has the lowest OPS in all of baseball. Think about that, he is worse than Chris Davis.