High&Inside

Shane Bieber 2018 Outlook

Obviously that will more than likely hold true, but I find it a bit silly to send him back down and keep Plutko in the rotation if he ends up doing really good on Thursday.  I know it was only one bad start for Plutko, and he's also done really good in AAA this season, but Bieber has been insane..  Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Bieber wouldn't be able to be brought up again for what would be his next start if he gets sent back down right away and Plutko sucks again.  Unless I'm confusing that rule and the 26th man rule.

2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Obviously that will more than likely hold true, but I find it a bit silly to send him back down and keep Plutko in the rotation if he ends up doing really good on Thursday.  I know it was only one bad start for Plutko, and he's also done really good in AAA this season, but Bieber has been insane..  Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Bieber wouldn't be able to be brought up again for what would be his next start if he gets sent back down right away and Plutko sucks again.  Unless I'm confusing that rule and the 26th man rule.

If he does indeed get sent right back down after Thursday’s game then a player on the 25 man roster would have to be placed on the DL in order for him to be called back up within 10 days. 

The Kingham/Nova situation in Pittsburgh is a nice example of the above scenario.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, countingcrow said:

If he does indeed get sent right back down after Thursday’s game then a player on the 25 man roster would have to be placed on the DL in order for him to be called back up within 10 days. 

The Kingham/Nova situation in Pittsburgh is a nice example of the above scenario.

Thanks. I guess I shouldn't have doubted myself. :)

3 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

He hasn’t even begun throwing again.  At this point if he doesn’t undergo season ending surgery it will be a minor miracle.

This.   Plus Salazar should be moved to the pen permanently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pbjfb said:

030117_gif_cws_bieber_first_pitch_med_5z

Really? 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

Really? 

Thats low man.

You saying they shouldn't allow first pitch gender equality???

I'm guessing the team wants to see which of these 2 of Plutko/Bieber should be the 5th starter.  The need to push Bauer back a day during a full week slate is good timing.  Believe it will go:

Thu- Bieber

Fri - Carrasco (6 days)

Sat - Bauer (6 days) 

Sun - Clevinger (5 days due to short start) OR Plutko (If Bieber has a poor outing)

Plutko would also be available in the pen on Thursday despite just the 3 days rest for an inning or 2 presumably with Tomlin available for long man duties.

Which of Plutko or Bieber would be better in the bullpen? I don't think they should send down either one

3 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

first guy I've seen not available on espn? 

Bieber, Bichette, Whitely, etc. There's quite a few.

Rotoworld kind of buried the lede on this one... no?

Indians optioned RHP Adam Plutko to Triple-A Indianapolis.

Plutko allowed five runs over five innings in a start against the White Sox on Sunday. He's been up and down a couple of times already this year and should get another opportunity soon.

For me it's simple, if Bieber pitches well he'll have a 2nd start and so on. It's up to him to jump on the opportunity.

If he pitches poorly then it will be a spot start and if he's just OK maybe he'll get a 2nd chance right away.

• Like 3

Was going to post that CBS has Clevinger set for Sunday.

The Indians need to win as many divisional games as possible.  Glad to see they are using their main four horses as much as possible and notvresting the whole group unnecessarily.

On 5/28/2018 at 4:55 PM, pbjfb said:

030117_gif_cws_bieber_first_pitch_med_5z

(Don't be) Sorry, Baby, Love Yourself.....

And start da Bieber!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ghostdragon said:

So I can grab Dennis Santana in ESPN.. but not Bieber... this makes no sense.

ESPN doesn't put anybody in their database until they make their team's 40 man roster. 

Santana was on the Dodgers 40 man roster in the past. Bieber has never been on his team's 40 man roster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So basically all ESPN teams cant pick him up for this start?! This sucks. 

so now I have to refresh espn..every second when this Cleveland game ends..and hope my opponents dont grab him first. fun times

16 minutes ago, ghostdragon said:

so now I have to refresh espn..every second when this Cleveland game ends..and hope my opponents dont grab him first. fun times

When they do add him he will be added to the database via waivers. Meaning everybody will have a fair chance at putting in a claim for him. Unless there is a glitch in the system

30 minutes ago, ghostdragon said:

usually all leagues he will go to waivers first

1 minute ago, Cdub2k said:

When they do add him he will be added to the database via waivers. Meaning everybody will have a fair chance at putting in a claim for him. Unless there is a glitch in the system

even if our league doesn't use waivers?