Sign in to follow this  
St3v3k4hn

Villanueva vs Gallo

I own Carlos Villanueva and I was offered Gallo, so I started comparing the two. They are both ranked (Yahoo std 5x5) in the top 100 for the season (90 for Gallo vs 97 for CV), they both have a ton of HRs (15 vs 14), and they are both hovering near the Mendoza line (.197 for Gallo vs .237 for CV). They are both slumping pretty badly over the last month, still showing power but the BAs are down to .158 and .149. Their OPS for the season is .739 for Gallo and .866 for Villanueva. Neither one walks much and they both strike out a bunch. Their overall numbers (HR, RBI, R) are pretty close even tho Gallo has 40 more ABs. If you look at Average Stats for the season, Villanueva is actually rated higher - he is ranked 148 vs 225 for Gallo. 

Is it possible that Villanueva is the better fantasy 3B than Gallo? Why is Gallo universally ranked much higher than CV?

See if you can move another player from you're team for Gallo. And hang onto Socal. 

Let’s ignore the trade aspect of this, I am more interested in just the comparison, and why Gallo gets so much respect but Villanueva doesn’t...

Because people can remember last year. Gallo did it for a full season. Villanueva hasn't yet.