CooL

Jordan Reed 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, DillyDilly said:

Agreed. And here I thought I stole a top five right end for next to nothing. But this really seems like a do or die game. If he can’t produce today, he just cannot be trusted.

If Reed doesn't get it done this game get him an autumnal mead and put him in shackles for the rest of the season.  Maybe throw him in the pit of misery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

If Reed doesn't get it done this game get him an autumnal mead and put him in shackles for the rest of the season.  Maybe throw him in the pit of misery.

Dilly Dilly!

• Like 1

Yep, if he does't produce this week he won't be starting until he shows otherwise. If he can't produce, I may even think about dropping him, not really sure I want to hold two TE's. Like that Crowder is out, Reed should get a lot of throws over the middle of the field. Not really worried about Doctson as he has no chemistry with Smith.

Yep, it's the last time I start Reed. He's in an ideal situation to produce. If he doesn't, he'll never start again until he produces and I'll go with Kittle instead. Probably would have started him but he's questionable for MNF. Can't risk it. Reed don't let me down man!

No Crowder or Thompson. Last game those two combined for 16 targets. Surely all of those can't go to old man Davis and that Sprinkles dude.

Frustrating that he's finally healthy and not doing jack. I have to keep rolling him out though because the fa pool is a dumpster fire. 

• Like 1

Well targets are there. I imagine TDs are in his future if he doesn't get hurt. I will continue to roll him out there.

I would be more frustrated with Smith having some love for Vernon Davis  

31 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

I would be more frustrated with Smith having some love for Vernon Davis  

Well they played together for several years in SF when they were younger men and basically broke out together on the 49ers. 

7 hours ago, King Gonzo said:

Well targets are there. I imagine TDs are in his future if he doesn't get hurt. I will continue to roll him out there.

Targets won’t continue to be there with Thompson and Crowder getting healthy.  Gonna see if his name has any trade

value otherwise may drop him this week.

Frustrating watching him yesterday.  Seemed he was in to block a lot and the only patterns he ran were 5 yard patterns.  On the other hand, they send V Davis down the field on routes.

Not sure how Reed will have big games with that sort of usage.  He should be getting down the field on some seam routes or something.

He did make one great one handed catch yesterday though.  And while I haven't seen snap counts, it did seem like he was on the field more than the last game.

5 hours ago, herschel said:

Targets won’t continue to be there with Thompson and Crowder getting healthy.  Gonna see if his name has any trade

value otherwise may drop him this week.

I mean he had a healthy amount of targets weeks 2 and 3 when both those guys played so I don't know if that is a fair conclusion to make.

36 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

I mean he had a healthy amount of targets weeks 2 and 3 when both those guys played so I don't know if that is a fair conclusion to make.

fair enough.  hes looking like a 4-5 receptions/40-50 yards per game play with minimal shot of a td.  i guess like most people who drafted him, i was hoping his apparent good healthy would mean a return (or close to return) of 2015 numbers.  i think its safe to say that more than likely is not going to happen at this point.