maneframe150

2 new owners, where do they draft?

First rodeo for me here.  I have 2 owners in my 10 team serpentine draft league (1 keeper) that are not returning. One would have had first pick, the other would have had fourth pick.

When we find their replacements, do the new owners draft at that position, or do they move to the back of the line?  What's fairest? 

If I was taking over a team I would expect to draft where that team was going to draft.  You are the GM taking over a previous team so they should get the options of who to keep as well as where that team finished in the previous season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maneframe150 said:

What's fairest? 

Leaving it the way it is. Those rosters have those draft spots for a reason, so regardless of who is running them- the draft positions should remain. I've run a 2 keeper league for the last 12 years, and 'managers' come and go once and a while. I don't change a thing when someone takes over a team.

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, maneframe150 said:

First rodeo for me here.  I have 2 owners in my 10 team serpentine draft league (1 keeper) that are not returning. One would have had first pick, the other would have had fourth pick.

When we find their replacements, do the new owners draft at that position, or do they move to the back of the line?  What's fairest? 

keeping position is fairest. Also makes finding new owners for the teams a little bit easier.

I agree with basically everyone else. The guys that join are just filling in the vacant GM spot and would inherit whatever the previous owner had left, including the 1 keeper and all draft picks.

Also not that it's that relevant, but the serpentine draft itself is designed to give everyone a fair shot regardless where they draft. So it's not like they have that much of an advantage. And I would assume they probably don't have the best keepers in the league where they finished near the bottom last year.