J.T. Marlin

Chris Hogan 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, Cotton Jones said:

you cant say "all the weapons were available" when one of brady's top 2 weapons was out the entire season

Maybe not ALL (misworded) but MOST. Also, Cooks has always been more dangerous/all around better than Edelman. Add in Dion Lewis. Add in Gronk. 

The weapons tonight and last year vs the weapons weeks 1-4 this year aren’t even a little comparable.

It's been almost as bad of a start as one can have, but this team is about to get rolling and there is no way I'd drop him now, gotta see how this shakes out. Mind you, my only shares are kinda deep 16 and 14 teamers, so there isn't anything better out there. I already have plucked the likes of Boyd, MVS and Keke--latter two before Sun game. I can afford to wait it out, but I understand why people are cutting bait. I am not playing him tonight, but got a feeling I will regret that!

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

He had 4 games (out of 9) with 5+ receptions including 59 targets in those 9 games. I don't think it's a ridiculous thought to see him get 6-7 receptions in a replenished offense given his snap count and the fact that tonight might be a blowout.

Yes it is. He's only had 5/24 games with NE where he's had over 5 catches. He's not good. Maybe tonight he does but I doubt it with Edelman, White, Gronk, and Gordon all active as of this posting.

There is zero production from this guy but for some reason I just can't drop him although he probably shouldn't be rostered in any leagues at all. I'm just still trying to hold out hope from a guy I drafted pretty early(5th round)

It gets worse.  One of Brady's interceptions was a pass that hit Hogan right in his cupped hands, but clanged off and went right to the defender.  While the game was still in doubt.  Brutal play.

Dropping this guy is the smartest move I’ve made all year.  That dropped pass to interception sealed his fate...moving forward he’s the odd man out in the Brady bunch.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tcorb22 said:

There is zero production from this guy but for some reason I just can't drop him although he probably shouldn't be rostered in any leagues at all. I'm just still trying to hold out hope from a guy I drafted pretty early(5th round)

Why can’t you drop? Five game sample not enough? Move on.. too many good WRs out there.

This guy is probably my biggest whiff on a pick ever not related to injury. He was a guy I actively targeted going into all my drafts  and took him as high as 41st but he didn't last more than 2 games on any of my rosters. I was a little apprehensive that with Edelman coming back pushing him to his more natural outside position he could experience a little more success but looks like it didn't make much of a difference. He'll inevitably have a big week or two but good luck predicting when that will be. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It gets worse.  One of Brady's interceptions was a pass that hit Hogan right in his cupped hands, but clanged off and went right to the defender.  While the game was still in doubt.  Brutal play.

Oh yeah. He's out of the circle of trust. If anyone was still hanging onto Hogan and holding out hope I think that tonight should seal it for you. 

Cordarelle Patterson is a better bench stash.

• Cut bait with this two weeks ago after taking him really early like 4th round. Looks like hot trash, too many mouths to feed in NE. 

Cost Brady a pick tonight on a tipped ball. 

Sell

Dropsville. Dropped him in my 12 teamer earlier this week now I’m confident that dropping him in my 14 teamer is the right move too. Tried dropping him for Keke in the 14 teamer this week but was outbid by $2. Anxiously awaiting the waiver wire gem I’ll drop him for next week. 

Drop city. He's the fourth best WR on the team. There just isn't anything he does better than Gordon or Dorsett at this point except maybe having a better memorization of the playbook with a 2 year head start.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Drop city. He's the fourth best WR on the team. There just isn't anything he does better than Gordon or Dorsett at this point except maybe having a better memorization of the playbook with a 2 year head start.

Better run blocker. That's why Hogan's in there on every run play.

It's not bad enough what an awful bust this guy is, but he was upsold by every goddamn fantasy expert pre-draft.

I''ll take solace in the fact that I won my matchup the only good week he had (week 2). Not quite the return I was looking for on 5.2 however

• Like 1

This guy got sniped from me in my draft and I was pissed but god what a bust. I never saw this coming 

• Like 1

If Gordon gets re-suspended, Edelman gets hurt, Patterson gets cut, and Dorsett gets traded back to the Colts, Hogan is going to be pure gold baby!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If Gordon gets re-suspended, Edelman gets hurt, Patterson gets cut, and Dorsett gets traded back to the Colts, Hogan is going to be pure gold baby!

I think Patterson would be better. 

• Haha 1

Nothing more than a bye week replacement in 14 team leagues. Easy drop in 10-12 man leagues, glad he played Thursday so I can pick someone up with at least some sort of upside going into Sunday. 

Whoops. Hopefully no one else started him with me. He’s a run and pass blocker. IE 5 out sets they looks to any of the other 4 guys and have him block.

gonna be super annoying when he has 4/85/2 one week and all the rest duds.

7 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

What a bust.

Yup!  Got caught up in the hype but should have known better considering how Brady distributes.  Sure he’ll have big games, but too inconsistent to gamble.

14 hours ago, reichl555 said:

Yup!  Got caught up in the hype but should have known better considering how Brady distributes.  Sure he’ll have big games, but too inconsistent to gamble.

This isn't a Brady distributing thing, other guys on the Pat's are producing.  Don't know what happened to this guy, but the Pats were desperate for WR production the first few weeks.

Edited by esprits4s