Fenamo

Dylan Cozens 2018 Outlook

Didn't know anything about this guy until now. looking at his minor league numbers looks like a classic three true outcomes player. Hit 40 homers one year in double A.

I'm afraid this is going to be ugly, lol. He's struck out 72 times in 162 ABs this year...and 450 times in 2016-18 (1,159 AB). It's hard to imagine he won't strike out in at least half of his ABs in the Majors. 

1 minute ago, Picard56 said:

Didn't know anything about this guy until now. looking at his minor league numbers looks like a classic three true outcomes player. Hit 40 homers one year in double A.

There was a time when he was considered a hotter prospect (or at least as hot) as Hoskins, during and following the 2016 season. 

• Like 1

A hard pass.  You can't strike out that much at the major league level.

With the playing time bind the Phillies have been in where Nick Williams has been pushed to the bench for most of the season, I think they're going to want to give as many reps to the starters as they can, and just let Cozens fill in for the occasional day off and pinch hitting duties.  I wouldn't rush to get him in anything shallower than 15-team mixed, especially with the positive news about Hoskins' jaw not requiring surgery.  Looking like a quick cup of coffee here, no matter how tantalizing the power upside might be.