• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
smeeze

June Closer Thread 2018

Just go back and look at scores where Herrera got the save, who was pitching the 8th... that’s the add IMO

• Like 1

FWIW, Closer Monkey now has McCarthy at the top of the committee (McCarthy* | Maurer | Hill) expected to close things out for the time being in KC.

10 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Just go back and look at scores where Herrera got the save, who was pitching the 8th... that’s the add IMO

mike-scioscia-ap21-300x206.jpg

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, erik vulaj said:

is herrera the new nats closer?

I believe we might see a co-closer thingee. You have to assume both will close games.

39 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Negatory

Maurer has closed before, so there’s the whole experience angle. But man he’s sucked this year. McCarthy isn’t good either (judging by the stats).  This is as ugly as SAGNOF gets. 

• Like 2

https://www.rosterresource.com/mlb-closer-depth-chart/

..has Maurer, but I wouldn't want to roster him. he's sucked this year for KC, sucked in the minors tis season, and sucked in previous seasons.

this sums it up well..

http://www.thefantasysportsboss.com/2018/06/2018-fantasy-baseball-trade-fallout.html?spref=tw

In terms of the Royals and the saves picture, there is nothing but a mess being left with Herrera's departure as Brandon Maurer has a 13.50 ERA, Burch Smith a 7.31, Justin Grimm a 16.76, and Blaine Boyer is hurt.  It could very well be a messy committee with no one really worth adding unless you were desperate. 

Posted (edited)

Both Mauer and McCarthy suck. However, the latter will probably be given the first shot. 

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers

Maurer has lead the Royals AAA team in saves with 5.

Kevin Lenik has 3, Richard Lovelady has 2, Eric Stout has 2, and Jason Adam has 2.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ibp&cid=541&stn=true&sid=t541

Jason Adam might be the best choice eventually once he gets back to KC. he had 10 finishes this year with the Royals. he had 9.39 K/9, 2.35 BB/9 along with 4.70 ERA and 1.24 WHIP.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=156349

• Like 1

Wonder if they call Adam back

I guess Seranthony is simply not going to be the closer this season, at least not until I finally give up on the idea.

So Arano struck out three batters in the 9th, but no save as one reached via wild pitch. Tough break kid

2 minutes ago, kaesr said:

I guess Seranthony is simply not going to be the closer this season, at least not until I finally give up on the idea.

This would have been 3 nights in a row for him. 

4 minutes ago, kaesr said:

You may be right, but I don't think that can be proved by tonight's lack of use.  He has pitched on two straight days, including 30+ pitches yesterday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

So Arano struck out three batters in the 9th, but no save as one reached via wild pitch. Tough break kid

looks like he gave up a couple hits too

I was just coming to reply about the comment on Seranthony not being the closer as well. You all beat be to it. He’s thrown 52 pitches in the last two days. He had the night off tonight. He’s the most likely guy to get saves in that bullpen. I don’t see Kepler coming out and publicly naming a closer but I think he goes to him in most cases. 

• Like 2

Just now, BostonCajun said:

I was just coming to reply about the comment on Seranthony not being the closer as well. You all beat be to it. He’s thrown 52 pitches in the last two days. He had the night off tonight. He’s the most likely guy to get saves in that bullpen. I don’t see Kepler coming out and publicly naming a closer but I think he goes to him in most cases. 

Ditto. If rested, Seranthony would have closed tonight. 

• Like 2

So the Cards bring in Norris to keep the game tied in the 8th instead of saving him for a potential SV opp, but when they go up in the top of the 9th, they opt for Bowman (who blows the game) over someone like Jordan Hicks?? Like really, Matt Bowman?!? Questionable bullpen management calls

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, metropolitans said:

So the Cards bring in Norris to keep the game tied in the 8th instead of saving him for a potential SV opp, but when they go up in the top of the 9th, they opt for Bowman (who blows the game) over someone like Jordan Hicks?? Like really, Matt Bowman?!? Questionable bullpen management calls

Questionable Management Calls should be Mike Matheny's middle name.  A little long, but still... 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, metropolitans said:

Hicks pitched back to back right? Does he get used 3 days in a row ever?