smeeze

June Closer Thread 2018

9 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

All this talk about Houston adding a CL, I'll be very curious to see what the price tag is for a Britton, a Herrera, possibly a Familia.  In hindsight, I bet Seattle grabbing Colome for a song will look like highway robbery.

I called Britton to Houston about 10 games into the MLB season. Houston has a ton of minor league assets to offer and Houston, while it has a very strong pen, doesn't have a dominant LHP in there. Send Fisher or JD Davis with a prospect arm and BAM. 

Greene with another awful outing for Detroit. In a tie game, he gave up one walk, two hits, and three earned runs. His era is now at 4.15 on the season. 

Jimenez pitched a clean eighth inning with two strikeouts. His era is now at 2.3 on the season. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Redphan said:

Is this a save opp for Tepera?

Yes it is b/c he came on in the top of the 8th with 2 out when score was 4-1

Tepera is Jays closer until Osuna out of prison

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

Did Chapman get injured? Reported on CBS

Yes but he pitched through it...seems like some knee injury. I imagine its not serious.

13 minutes ago, norton17 said:

1 1/3 innings on 8 pitches?  Atta boy, Tep!

15 minutes ago, norton17 said:

Thanks man, didnt know the situation. How long will Osuna be in prison?

6 minutes ago, Redphan said:

Thanks man, didnt know the situation. How long will Osuna be in prison?

Well if you can’t even read a boxscore or understand the rules regarding save situations I won’t get into the legal ramifications of assaulting women....or the suspensions around it. Spend your time learning boxscores and saves...much easier.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

Yes but he pitched through it...seems like some knee injury. I imagine its not serious.

Was there any update after the game?  He's DTD on Yahoo!  Not sure why, if there was something mentioned after game?

Does Norris still have a long leash or is it time to start picking up Hicks?

Anyone see Raisel?  Look healthy tonight? 

Edited by thefamily79

22 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Does Norris still have a long leash or is it time to start picking up Hicks?

Norris has been mediocre over the last few weeks. Pickup Hicks if you have room but Norris has to have some leash left. 

• Thanks 1

Norris is really worrisome right now... 

Really surprised with the lack of attention Soria has been receiving. 3rd save in the last four days. 

I'm not worried at all about Norris, yes his ERA is at 3.49 but

12.71k/9

40:4 kk/bb ratio

.348 BABIP

2.20 FIP

2.14 xFIP

In other words, he's gotten unlucky. Overall numbers will look better. He's an elite closer in my books.

1 hour ago, mannymachado said:

Blake Parker the man in Anaheim?

Yep. As a Angel fan I’ve watched him the last month pretty closely and he has been very good and efficient. No reason he wouldn’t have a firm grip on the job right now. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

I'm not worried at all about Norris, yes his ERA is at 3.49 but

12.71k/9

40:4 kk/bb ratio

.348 BABIP

2.20 FIP

2.14 xFIP

In other words, he's gotten unlucky. Overall numbers will look better. He's an elite closer in my books.

He still has good overall numbers but classifying him as an elite closer is just not accurate.  That is reserved for the Chapman/Kimbrel/Jansen's of the closer world.  And I bet Norris' leash is fairly short as management already views Hicks as a potential high end closer in the waiting. His recent numbers are promising (Ks are up big time) and is an exciting prospect to own. If in a keeper you need him on your team. In redraft he is a serious close watch.

Having said that Norris has done a good job and has earned a few stumbles.  With his history though that could come with a fury at any time.

Edited by knuckleheads

Is Alvarado the guy to own in TB? I've owned him for 2 weeks now and he's been great for ratios outside of 1 outing. Has he even gotten a chance at a save? Or was his blown save the other night the only chance since the trade?

If Chapman has to miss time with the knee issue, what is the consensus, is it Betances or Robertson who would fill in?

15 hours ago, mannymachado said:

Blake Parker the man in Anaheim?

No doubt about it anynore. He’s got it locked up until he either blows a few games and/or if they trade for someone at the deadline.

3 hours ago, Zeezee said:

Is Alvarado the guy to own in TB? I've owned him for 2 weeks now and he's been great for ratios outside of 1 outing. Has he even gotten a chance at a save? Or was his blown save the other night the only chance since the trade?

There is no “the guy” in TB much like there is no “the guy” in PHI. Alvarado and Dominguez are the “best” arms in each of their respective bullpens, but neither one is going to get more than half of the save opportunities for their teams.

Edited by Dislimb
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

If Chapman has to miss time with the knee issue, what is the consensus, is it Betances or Robertson who would fill in?

I'd guess Robertson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The best choice would be Green.  He isnt pitching more than one inning lately so there is no reason to "save" him for the multi inning role and he gives them the best chance to win a game with a lead in the 9th.  While that is the best choice that doesnt mean Boone will do it haha. 

Edited by KJ12345