smeeze

June Closer Thread 2018

Neris about to blow a 10 - 5 lead.... It's 10 to 9.  Time to put Dominguez in.  Oh oh, he's already been used in the 7th.

Just now, Southcoast57 said:

Neris about to blow a 10 - 5 lead.... It's 10 to 9.  Time to put Dominguez in.  Oh oh, he's already been used in the 7th.

Edited by weakkneeswilly

19 minutes ago, Southcoast57 said:

It's important to keep the lead in 7th innings, too. Fwiw, Dominguez didn't have a pretty outing today. 1.1 innings and he gave up 1 hit and 2 walks. Did get 3 strikeouts though.

Jimenez grabs the save in Detroit today with 3 strikeouts. I don't know when Greene is going to get traded, but Joe looks like he's harnessed his stuff to be one of the better closers going once he gets his opportunity.

• Like 3

Welcome back Familia!  I missed your whippings.

lol.  Davis with his 4th walk of the inning and has walked in 2 runs now.  Everything he's throwing is non-competitive. Looks awful.

Edited by ragrag

5 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Wade Davis looking sharp.

Looking very very dull. Epic meltdown.

1 minute ago, Low and Away said:

Looking very very dull. Epic meltdown.

Shocked Bud didn't pull him after he walked his 4th (2 of them w/ bases loaded and allowing runs) and couldn't find the zone w/ anything.  Rockies deserved to lose there b/c of piss poor management. 

• Like 1

Angeles and Rockies bullpens are dumpster fires. 

Heaney was masterful today and Blake Parker and Cam Bedrosian go into meltdown mode against an average Oakland team. 

Who is gonna replace Parker? Bedrock? Oh he just extended the game...Who else? Anderson? Too green...

Bad Boxberger sighting.  Brace for it.  

8 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Who is gonna replace Parker? Bedrock? Oh he just extended the game...Who else? Anderson? Too green...

I don't think it's obvious anyone will replace Parker. He may have some life left as closer.

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

There it is.  Awful stuff only lasts for so long.  Dismantled by the Miserable Mets.  

Just now, Cmilne23 said:

There it is.  Awful stuff only lasts for so long.  Dismantled by the Miserable Mets.  

He gone.

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

I don't think it's obvious anyone will replace Parker. He may have some life left as closer.

Parker nor Bedrosian are top closers...Angels have blown more saves that anyone. Parker was pitiful today. 

3 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Oof

1 minute ago, kwolf68 said:

Parker nor Bedrosian are top closers...Angels have blown more saves that anyone. Parker was pitiful today. 

Sure, I agree with this. But they don't currently have anyone to fill the role. Maybe Johnson? It's ugly in Anaheim. Until they trade for someone, Parker may continue to get more opportunities. 

• Like 1