smeeze

June Closer Thread 2018

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Wouldn’t be a Nate Jones inning without a base runner!

I would take one out of four runners getting on from anyone. However, I get what you mean with Jones. Not too many clean innings from him this year.

Britton back soon.  Will this just be a showcase to trade him, or will he stay all season?  Might make Brach worth holding on to or picking up, even once Britton is back.

11 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

Yes it is something to definitely take note of.  I doubt Gsellman has taken over the role but the Mets may have moved to a committee now.

Its not a committee. Familia just came in vs a tough part of the order in 8th.

Diaz might be gassed.  He needs a break probably.

1 minute ago, duke of queens said:

Its not a committee. Familia just came in vs a tough part of the order in 8th.

Yes I know that with regards to the save opportunity that went to Gsellman.  That in itself suggest that he may be used in that way again. 

However, are you aware he came in yesterday when his team was behind?    

Now you gotta wonder what happens today.  Will see...

8 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

Might be a stupid question.  But with Colome now in the pen, how long is the leash for Diaz?

Capture-33.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Watched Diaz blown-up on Tuesday and blown save last night. He really struggled with his command but also got unlucky at the same time.

Last night he walked Wendle to start with 9th (all 4 seamers) only to strikeout Wilson Ramos in 4 pitches (3 sliders and one 4 seamer). Then he gave up a single to Duffy (who was 2-3 at that point) and that blew the save.  Then he induced a very weak grounder but instead of a DP, it ended up with a single because of the defence shift. 

Tuesday game was very similar. Gave up a single to begin the 9th only to strike out the second batter. One man on base and induced a very weak ground ball that ended up with a single instead of DP cuz of the defence shift. Then, ODOR chipped in 3 runs for a blooper double that was barely safe (pretty much hit the foul line). 

Is he going to lose his closer job? Hell nah but I am starting to get worried. 

5 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

Yes I know that with regards to the save opportunity that went to Gsellman.  That in itself suggest that he may be used in that way again. 

However, are you aware he came in yesterday when his team was behind?    

Now you gotta wonder what happens today.  Will see...

Yes I was at the game. Callaway has, in his short stint, become the worst in game manager I gave seen in a long time.

The Mets gave 5 blown saves their last 10 games, so whatever they are doing isn’t working 

Anyone know anything about Austin Gomber?

Making his big league debut today for the Cardinals. Appeared with a 2-1 lead in the 6th. It’s now the 8th inning and he’s still pitching.

I wouldn't worry Rivero owners. Crick looks like garbage, no way he can handle that role.

Meadows was too much for Norris I guess, but one could say he's been tough for almost everybody so far.  Still, Norris looked good besides that HR, so at least it's not one of these bad blown saves.  He struck out the side.  Maybe the Cards get win it in the next inning...

And they did!  That makes everything not so bad...

Edited by KilloWertz

43 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

I wouldn't worry Rivero owners. Crick looks like garbage, no way he can handle that role.

He gave up one walk otherwise a clean inning from the box score. What did you see live that makes you worry? 

15 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

He gave up one walk otherwise a clean inning from the box score. What did you see live that makes you worry? 

Curious about this too.  Crick came in down one which may or may not say something as to whether he is locked into the 8th.

Norris shaky lately. HR to Cervelli on Thurs and the BS/W Dirty Fuentes today. It's not like Hicks or anyone else in the STL pen have been lights out, but I could see more of a committee developing there if Norris keeps leaking oil. 

5 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Norris shaky lately. HR to Cervelli on Thurs and the BS/W Dirty Fuentes today. It's not like Hicks or anyone else in the STL pen have been lights out, but I could see more of a committee developing there if Norris keeps leaking oil. 

Holland!!!  i hope

Edited by thefamily79

At the Tigers game, and Jimenez was warming in a 4-4 tie, bottom of the 8th. It’s now a 7-4 game and it looks like he will get the 9th. No sign of Greene. 

Edited by RenegadeGM

By the way, Oh came into that tie game for the Jays and gave up three runs, and was just pulled with two runners on and two outs. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RenegadeGM said:

At the Tigers game, and Jimenez was warming in a 4-4 tie, bottom of the 8th. It’s now a 7-4 game and it looks like he will get the 9th. No sign of Greene. 

Greene had pitched 3 in a row, although they probably shouldn't have thrown him the first two given they weren't save situations.

55 minutes ago, RenegadeGM said:

By the way, Oh came into that tie game for the Jays and gave up three runs, and was just pulled with two runners on and two outs. 

Safe to take Oh out of the mix? Ever since the manager stated he wanted to use him last Saturday, there hasn’t been an opportunity. 

Blake parker has runers at the corners 1 out 2-1 halos top of 9....cmon blake....beltre at bat

Just now, Hangry Bird said:

double play for the save whew!

Actually Profar was safe at home and it was overturned upon review..... Dumb play all around by the Rangers especially Tocci (you better be safe if you're going to take the extra base), but it's a blown save.  Frankly, he's lucky he didn't lose the game.  Beltre just missed it....

1 minute ago, Hangry Bird said:

double play for the save whew!

Overturned on review.

Blake Parker stinks.