Sign in to follow this  
BravesBaseball2

Correa or Machado, Keeper league. WHIR

Standard H2H each cat scoring. Keeper league. Who would you rather have?

Manny Machado or Carlos Correa

I think i'm leaning towards Machado but wanted to get some other opinions.

I will answer y'alls as well.

16 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Machado, not even close for me.

Not even close?  Pre season I’d say Correa 100%, but obviously machado has gone off.  I still think I’d go with Correa right now if it’s a keep forever league, but it’s about as close as you can get.

Machado

Correa by a hair

Correa is 2 years younger, but still sports a better career OPS .857 TO .818

Correa has slumped a bit, and Manny is having career year.

Correa easily. MM is gonna get traded this year and that will have an affect on him ROS. 

3 hours ago, BackyardBaseball said:

Not even close?  Pre season I’d say Correa 100%, but obviously machado has gone off.  I still think I’d go with Correa right now if it’s a keep forever league, but it’s about as close as you can get.

Pre-season it was still Machado due to a better track record and being in a contract year. Correa is a name value player.

Machado has hit 30+ home runs every year since 2015. He typically hits over .280, scores over 100 Runs and drives in 85+ RBI. Correa showed power and that’s it. His 2016 was impressive for a rookie, unimpressive for everyone else. His 2017 was cut short by injury though he did manage to show good power. Granted, he only recently debuted but with Machado being a proven asset, it was a no-brainer before the season and even more true now. Long-term Machado is the safer and better bet, especially since Correa is not a good defender and will likely move off SS at some point in the future. Correa’s value drops considerably if he becomes a 1B or 3B or OF.

Edited by Thenewwildone8