brockpapersizer

Elehuris Montero 3b STL

Recommended Posts

Currently hitting quite well in A ball as a 19 year old. Has potential to hit for power and a good average. Some already have him ranked pretty high in the cardinals system, which is usually one of the better systems. @garlandomentioned him in the deep sleepers thread. 


 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man that’s a pathetic top 5 lol

 

i do like knizer though.  Unfortunately the cards missed an opportunity to trade Carson Kelly at peak value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

Man that’s a pathetic top 5 lol

 

 

 

not really

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for blowing this one up, have been trying to keep this one under wraps in my league for a while.  Had to pull the trigger this week.

 

I've not been able to find anything about him defensively, but I know one worry about him going into the year was his fitness (BA, maybe?).  From video of that monster bomb, he looks like he's going to be fine.

 

Great tout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2018 at 9:57 AM, MrMartyBarrett said:

Thanks for blowing this one up, have been trying to keep this one under wraps in my league for a while.  Had to pull the trigger this week.

 

I've not been able to find anything about him defensively, but I know one worry about him going into the year was his fitness (BA, maybe?).  From video of that monster bomb, he looks like he's going to be fine.

 

Great tout.

What video? Did I miss a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 5:45 PM, brockpapersizer said:

 

Wow...was there an estimated distance on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Halo Fan said:

Wow...was there an estimated distance on that?

 

The announcer says 428 feet with an exit velocity of 103 at the end of the clip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little slump but looks like he’s coming out of it. Overall his BB% has slipped to 7.3% currently so would be nice if that went back up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

Little slump but looks like he’s coming out of it. Overall his BB% has slipped to 7.3% currently so would be nice if that went back up 

 

His OPS by months

 

apr 979

May 797

june 890

July 974

 

Hasn't really slumped IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

His OPS by months

 

apr 979

May 797

june 890

July 974

 

Hasn't really slumped IMO

Where’s he on the Wander, Luis Garcia, Ronny Mauricio scale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 12to6 said:

Where’s he on the Wander, Luis Garcia, Ronny Mauricio scale?

 

I guess in a traditional 5 x5 you'd have to put Luis Garcia ahead of him. Has more chance for steals and has better infield defense with possibly a scarce position. Wander ahead of both by  a decent amount on rankings.  I love me some Mauricio, but he has the most to prove still. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

 

I guess in a traditional 5 x5 you'd have to put Luis Garcia ahead of him. Has more chance for steals and has better infield defense with possibly a scarce position. Wander ahead of both by  a decent amount on rankings.  I love me some Mauricio, but he has the most to prove still. 

Thanks. Trying to figure out who to bet on. I already got Wander and prioritizing limited roster space is important.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2018 at 1:07 PM, brockpapersizer said:

 

His OPS by months

 

apr 979

May 797

june 890

July 974

 

Hasn't really slumped IMO

 Fair enough, though was a mini slump just following box scores but bigger picture is clear, can’t argue with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elehuris Montero went 4-for-5 with 4 doubles, 2 RBI, 3 Runs scores yesterday. His batting line for the month is now .345/.414/.619 with 5 HRs and 2 SBs over 84 ABs.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crotchcrickets said:

4 doubles and 2 RBI lol

 

Lol, it’s H-Elehuris! Haha...like hilarious...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I thought I was funny but I’m a dad. Thus the lame dad joke. Haha

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As it sits right now, with a month left to go in the minor league season he leads the MWL in

 

Average

Hits

Doubles

Slugging

OBP

OPS

 

hes 3rd in RBI (6 behind) And 3rd in HR (2 behind)

 

Thats pretty damn impressive stuff

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrMartyBarrett said:

As it sits right now, with a month left to go in the minor league season he leads the MWL in

 

Average

Hits

Doubles

Slugging

OBP

OPS

 

hes 3rd in RBI (6 behind) And 3rd in HR (2 behind)

 

Thats pretty damn impressive stuff

 

As a teenager!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.