kidtwentytwo

Brendan McKay - SP/1b Tampa

2 hours ago, Asprilla said:

That screws everyone who is looking to stash him right now if we gotta wait till they add an SP McKay 😒

• Like 1

Engineers working on it. What a load of crock yahoo. This isn’t rocket science and there’s already a player to use as the basis. Have the “engineers” just add him. My god

4 hours ago, Devildog83 said:

He is coming soon. Just heard Jim Bowden on Sirius radio mention it. He is a former GM and his scoops are usually really accurate. 

Well something has to give here. They only have 2 “traditional” starters and then a deep BP including Chirinos (and Beeks as a bulk reliever). Beginning tomorrow, they’ll have only 1 off day between now and June 23rd including a makeup Double header against the Red Sox on June 8th. DeLeon not likely ready until early June. 

McKay’s next start I believe is Wednesday. With all this chatter, his domination in the minors and the obvious need the Rays have, wouldn’t be surprised to see him up soon. I’ll be watching his next start closely. Hope it’s his last in the minors. 

2 hours ago, Yanks#1 said:

Engineers working on it. What a load of crock yahoo. This isn’t rocket science and there’s already a player to use as the basis. Have the “engineers” just add him. My god

It's certainly odd that they can create separate profiles for Ohtani as a hitter and a pitcher, but can't easily do the same thing for McKay. I mean, it would seem as if the "engineering" for something of that nature is already in place.

44 minutes ago, Dark One said:

It's certainly odd that they can create separate profiles for Ohtani as a hitter and a pitcher, but can't easily do the same thing for McKay. I mean, it would seem as if the "engineering" for something of that nature is already in place.

Yeah, it's just a load of crap.  It would likely take them 5 minutes to add Pitcher McKay, especially since (like others have said) they already have Ohtani in there.  Just duplicate him and change the info on him, and boom, done.

Why they are being so lazy and acting like they aren't sure what to do, I don't know.  That really doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

still in AA i highly doubt they call him up to MLB from AA

Jose De Leon is in AAA looking good in his rehab, i think he is up in the rotation before McKay, i think McKay is next year

6IP, 2H, 1BB, 0ER, 9 K’s. 

Stud. 

• Like 1

Wasting his innings in the minors.  He should be recalled.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:58 PM, Asprilla said:

Stupid idiots at Yahoo.  Yeah the people holding McKay for a few years in dynasties are gonna be thrilled.

I should add that all us dynasty and deep keeper leagues players now have to make gentlemen's agreements in each and every freaking league on the owner of the current McKay the One and Only soon to be just plain 1B McKay to have first dibs at Pitcher McKay if they agree to drop 1B McKay in return.

This is getting so ridiculous of Yahoo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Asprilla said:

More response from Yahoo.

Way to confuse the issue further.  Will that re-evaluation now be extended to Ohtani?  What idiots.

And yes a player should be one player but Yahoo really has dropped the ball on this one.

Not that I really had much question about this issue myself.. but in case anyone was wondering, I reached out to ESPN and spoke with their baseball team. They said that although he is current listed as 1B, if/when he is brought up and pitches he will add P eligibility to that same player. Bottom line, if you own Brendan McKay the 1B in ESPN.. you own the eventual P. Which IMO is 100% how it should be on all sites. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Promoted to AAA and will make his first start Tuesday. He’s definitely on the fast track. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s up if he has 2 or 3 dominant starts in a row. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantrax has him listed as a 1b and a P , you can use him at either position. That platform blows all the other ones away when it comes to eligible positions

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Promoted to AAA and will make his first start Tuesday. He’s definitely on the fast track. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s up if he has 2 or 3 dominant starts in a row. 

Sweet so they def must have axed the hitting aspect of his game then, rightfully so, lets see how he does!

I hope my yahoo dynasty league treats him similar to Ohtani. I have #1claim and would be perfect to claim when he’s added as a sp in yahoo.

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Huh?  This is THE number one concern about McKay for many many of us and THIS thread is the only place where we can get updates.  Far more important than his stats in some single game.

Maybe we can create a separate thread called Yahoo tech support. Not sure why anyone uses Yahoo anyway when all I ever see are complaints about what a crappy job they do managing the site, the crappy interface and how little control there is over managing a league there. The best way to get change to happen is just like boycotting your failing baseball club. Bring your entertainment dollars elsewhere. 

On a McKay note, it seems to have gone quiet for a few days. As I look around at teams that clearly need help, I’m wondering if some teams are stalling until Keuchel becomes available without draft pick compensation next week. The Astros have been quiet on the Corbin Martin / Josh James front too. I would think the Rays will be in on Keuchel. Since the Rays have a 3-man rotation I would think they still have room for both. 

12 hours ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Maybe we can create a separate thread called Yahoo tech support. Not sure why anyone uses Yahoo anyway when all I ever see are complaints about what a crappy job they do managing the site, the crappy interface and how little control there is over managing a league there. The best way to get change to happen is just like boycotting your failing baseball club. Bring your entertainment dollars elsewhere. 

On a McKay note, it seems to have gone quiet for a few days. As I look around at teams that clearly need help, I’m wondering if some teams are stalling until Keuchel becomes available without draft pick compensation next week. The Astros have been quiet on the Corbin Martin / Josh James front too. I would think the Rays will be in on Keuchel. Since the Rays have a 3-man rotation I would think they still have room for both. 

I do pay for any league nor ever will.  And Yahoo has an excellent interface and data base.  The very best.  Also even if it didn't you just don't just drop your dynasty teams you have managed for years and years and leave your online friends in those leagues behind to bolt to some inferior site.  It's ESPN that is the pits these days. 

And the best way to get change is to point out the problems.  The new team at Yahoo are actually trying to address these issues.  They inherited the clone mess; they didn't create it. 

General platform issues there is a thread for already.  But McKay is a separate issue and this discussion about how fantasy baseball sites handle McKay most certainly BELONGS in the McKay thread.  It effects a lot of us and it is good to get a heads up to start discussion within our leagues.  But 99% of people don't know about these tweets unless they are posted under the player's heading.

If you don't want to read about it, fine.  Bu tit isn't like there are 200 pages in this thread.  The threads on this site are super short.  Actually too short as things keep getting edited out like personal manger stories that I ALWAYS loved to read in the past.  We need more posts about more aspects including this as well as more stories to make this site A1 and human again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2019 at 3:03 AM, Sonny_D said:

Man, don’t take this the wrong way guys but the platform questions and position eligibility concerns is really annoying. Take the questions to your respective platforms. Seeing the thread bumped and reading yet ANOTHER platform specific question is getting old. 

I basically agree with your sentiment in that there is not much more to be done about the Yahoo situation.   It has been discussed and debated upon on but we now know what the outcome is going to be   So the question is how long should this conversation persist???  It doesn't actually help anyone in any manner and it may suck or not suck (depending on a given situation) but it's far more interesting to read about his performances than to regurgitate things that no one can change.  What he does on the field is what will determine whether or not I will put a claim in on him.

Having said that no one is stopping anyone from posting what they want.  I'll just skip it as I get nothing useful to use with it...

I understand the concerns and issues over the platform quirks, but everyone had to know this was coming based on how their respective platforms handled Ohtani. Most platforms created one player with dual eligibility. Yahoo did not. So I really do not understand the surprise at most platforms planning on having McKay as one player with dual eligibility, but Yahoo again making a mess of things with two players. I really get the frustration, but this was an extraordinarily obvious outcome and I'm not really sure how it's serving this thread or forum to continue to discuss it.

What does interest me is whether they'll let him hit much once he gets the call, and what kind of production he might offer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

I understand the concerns and issues over the platform quirks, but everyone had to know this was coming based on how their respective platforms handled Ohtani. Most platforms created one player with dual eligibility. Yahoo did not. So I really do not understand the surprise at most platforms planning on having McKay as one player with dual eligibility, but Yahoo again making a mess of things with two players. I really get the frustration, but this was an extraordinarily obvious outcome and I'm not really sure how it's serving this thread or forum to continue to discuss it.

What does interest me is whether they'll let him hit much once he gets the call, and what kind of production he might offer.

Compared to 90% of content of posts here and especially on the major league forum it serves the thread a lot.  Also the news that Yahoo may be re-considering their "clone" approach for next year is BIG breaking news.  So why pick on something that does have major effects on owners as opposed to NOT picking on "stud" and "piece of crap"posts that fill up almost every thread in these forums?