kidtwentytwo

Brendan McKay - SP/1b Tampa

So I heard on the 6/10 fantasy baseball today (CBS) podcast that the guys on there were saying they have an “inside scoop” and that McKay is coming up as soon as this week. Came here and the latest post I saw was from Sunday. Anyone have anything to add to this? Any supportive info/commentary?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wytchclt55 said:

So I heard on the 6/10 fantasy baseball today (CBS) podcast that the guys on there were saying they have an “inside scoop” and that McKay is coming up as soon as this week. Came here and the latest post I saw was from Sunday. Anyone have anything to add to this? Any supportive info/commentary?

That's all I have, but I traded for him in dynasty just to be safe.

On 5/31/2019 at 1:58 PM, Dark One said:

Thanks, this was all I could find in public (from "AH" in Yahoo's Fantasy Customer Care Unit):

So, it wasn't 100% confirmed, but I guess your "in the pipeline" response more or less is confirmation. Frustrating that they can't just create a pitcher profile for him and add him, seems so easy to do. Hopefully it won't come after his call up (assuming that happens).

so, in other words, it was worthless that I just picked up the 1B version on Yahoo because they plan on adding a SP version that anybody in the league would be able to pick up off waivers?     Is that pretty much what everybody else is assuming right now?  

There is no indication that the folks who picked up and stashed the 1b version (which is the only version of the guy available) are going to get any kind of a priority in grabbing the SP version?

8 minutes ago, misterf said:

so, in other words, it was worthless that I just picked up the 1B version on Yahoo because they plan on adding a SP version that anybody in the league would be able to pick up off waivers?     Is that pretty much what everybody else is assuming right now?  

There is no indication that the folks who picked up and stashed the 1b version (which is the only version of the guy available) are going to get any kind of a priority in grabbing the SP version?

100% correct - the 1B version is completely worthless for 2019.

21 minutes ago, Dark One said:

100% correct - the 1B version is completely worthless for 2019.

frickin yahoo

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, misterf said:

frickin yahoo

So stupid and lazy on their part to not have already added him as a pitcher. I love Yahoo, but this crap is ridiculous. 

48 minutes ago, misterf said:

You make a rule in your private leagues among yourselves.  Most leagues have already made agreements regards this as in the original owner has first rights.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You make a rule in your private leagues among yourselves.  Most leagues have already made agreements regards this as in the original owner has first rights.

public pro-league ..... just gotta work on improving my waiver priorities until yahoo finally gets around to adding the sp version

my private leagues are on cbs so no issues there

Edited by misterf

9 hours ago, misterf said:

Add it to the list as to why Yahoo is the worst of fantasy platforms. I'll never understand why so many prefer them.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Add it to the list as to why Yahoo is the worst of fantasy platforms. I'll never understand why so many prefer them.

Agreed. Just play on Fantrax or ESPN or even CBS and avoid all this faffing.

57 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Because this (and I never owned Ohtani so was no problem for me before) and the NA slots always disappearing in the spring are the only gripes I really have against Yahoo.  Otherwise it rocks.  Has a nice, deep prospect database, really excellent first class graphics/controls, added lots of sabermetric stats this season and is free.  That is why I get on Yahoo's case so hard.  They have a very nearly perfect set-up but never have followed through correcting the few things remaining.  Maybe the new management will have it's act together better.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

ESPN only has him as a 1B

35 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

yea but then you would have to deal fantrax's s---y interface

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, illasakhil said:

ESPN only has him as a 1B

true.... but espn will ultimately add SP eligibility to that same player ....... you can pick him up now as a 1b and you will be able to use him as a pitcher once he is called up.

in yahoo, you can only pick up the 1B version (which is worthless)...... and then somebody else will be able to pick up the SP version when they finally get around to creating him

That's the problem ........ it doesn't matter that espn hasn't added sp eligibility yet

Edited by misterf
  • Like 1

what is really sad about Yahoo...... I just saw one of Yahoo's talking heads recommending McKay as one of the pitching prospects that fantasy managers should pick up and stash ....... how depressingly ironic.

His bat is starting to heat up. 4 hits in his last 13 at-bats with 2 home runs (last night and Tuesday), and he has 7 walks to 6 strikeouts in the month of June.

He hasn't pitched since June 9th so it'll be interesting to see if the scoop on the CBS podcast about him being called up this weekend (mentioned in a post above) is true. I doubt it, but for what it's worth he wasn't in the game as a hitter tonight. They rested him.

Complete confirmation that stashing the 1B version of McKay in Yahoo leagues hoping you'll get the pitcher won't pay off:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Took them long enough to figure out how to do the exact same thing they did with Ohtani.  Now they just have to actually do it.  It's not that hard, Yahoo...

On 6/13/2019 at 9:25 AM, swfcdan said:

😂 I hope you're joking! ESPN is a horrific fantasy baseball platform, it pales in comparison to Yahoo IMHO. Rankings suck, editing teams is a process, no sabermetrics, it's a joke compared to Yahoo!  

But Yeah ill be adding 1b McKay on my ESPN league & probably miss out in him in my Yahoo league 😂 ... so there's that 

• Like 1

5 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 7 K’s. Oh, and he struck out both Stanton and Judge both looking on 2-2 pitches. He struck Stanton out twice, once swinging. 

It’s only a matter of time at this point. 

Its a shame Yahoo doesn't have him. Someone who doesn't deserve him will get him with a waiver claim.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:51 PM, misterf said:

what is really sad about Yahoo...... I just saw one of Yahoo's talking heads recommending McKay as one of the pitching prospects that fantasy managers should pick up and stash ....... how depressingly ironic.

May I please have the link? Thanks! 

Kid is really impressive and should be up soon. Plus I also like to pronounce his last name like Mr Mackey whenever I read it.

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

Its a shame Yahoo doesn't have him. Someone who doesn't deserve him will get him with a waiver claim.

Man...so true. And such an obvious fix.