kidtwentytwo

Brendan McKay - SP/1b Tampa

12 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

No. Hitter and pitcher is different from 2B and OF. Yahoo split Ohtani, what made people think they'd treat McKay differently. They picked up hitter McKay taking a gamble, one that probably wasn't close to a sure thing.

Again, McKay was available in the Yahoo player pool before Ohtani came to the MLB and before Yahoo made their fateful decision to make two versions of every two-way player. 

In deep keeper and dynasty leagues, people have had McKay stashed since well before there was any idea how a two-way player would be handled by Yahoo. 

• Like 2

Do we have any insight to when we could possible see a call-up?  We're talking before Sept right? 

44 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Again, McKay was available in the Yahoo player pool before Ohtani came to the MLB and before Yahoo made their fateful decision to make two versions of every two-way player. 

In deep keeper and dynasty leagues, people have had McKay stashed since well before there was any idea how a two-way player would be handled by Yahoo. 

True, good point. Definitely see how it's fair to give McKay pitcher to the person who added him prior to the Ohtani situation.

3 hours ago, midlip said:

Do we have any insight to when we could possible see a call-up?  We're talking before Sept right? 

Id bet before September for sure, seeing as everyone else is busy ranting about his elig SMH so annoying haha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Id bet before September for sure, seeing as everyone else is busy ranting about his elig SMH so annoying haha

*complains about people constantly talking about Yahoo! eligibility*

*continues to bring the topic up*

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

*complains about people constantly talking about Yahoo! eligibility*

*continues to bring the topic up*

*While also actually contributing something to the thread*

*as you post yet another useless post*

dangit now you got me doing it too SMH.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

*While also actually contributing something to the thread*

*as you post yet another useless post*

dangit now you got me doing it too SMH.........

owned

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 7:47 PM, KilloWertz said:

If this is what people are discussing (Yahoo), then I'm not sure what the issue is.  He was listed as a hitter, and almost everybody should have assumed that Yahoo would do with him what they did with Ohtani at some point.  If he was just listed as Brendan McKay on other platforms, then that's a different story.

He was only one person so in dynasty leagues you HAD to take what Yahoo gave you.  And he was this way BEFORE they split Ohtani since he was available in Yahoo for several years so there was NO assumption he would be split. 

Later, when Ohtani came along, there was just as much an assumption that Yahoo would correct their software and merge Ohtani back into one player based on tweets etc from Yahoo people themselves speculating on that as well.

Anyway they split McKay just in time for his call-up.  Would have been far far worse if his call-up happened before the split in re-draft leagues.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

He was only one person so in dynasty leagues you HAD to take what Yahoo gave you.  And he was this way BEFORE they split Ohtani since he was available in Yahoo for several years so there was NO assumption he would be split. 

Later, when Ohtani came along, there was just as much an assumption that Yahoo would correct their software and merge Ohtani back into one player based on tweets etc from Yahoo people themselves speculating on that as well.

Anyway they split McKay just in time for his call-up.  Would have been far far worse if his call-up happened before the split in re-draft leagues.

This has been explained at length already, no need to re-hash after the thread has moved on.

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2019 at 9:12 AM, mjb03003 said:

Why do people still use Yahoo? This is enough of a reason to not use their platform. Under no circumstance should someone have been stashing McKay the hitter and then lose out on the pitcher, they should at least have first right to both. Along with that, under no circumstance should someone be forced to use 2 roster spots for the same player. Yahoo sucks.

EDIT: And no, I don't have either Ohtani or McKay, so I have zero bias.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 2

I agree just give him SP/Util and use him as either and live with just those stats. this 2 player clone thing is weird Ohtani the hitter is hitting cycles while Ohtani the pitcher is on DL?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

Why do people still use Yahoo? This is enough of a reason to not use their platform. Under no circumstance should someone have been stashing McKay the hitter and then lose out on the pitcher, they should at least have first right to both. Along with that, under no circumstance should someone be forced to use 2 roster spots for the same player. Yahoo sucks.

EDIT: And no, I don't have either Ohtani or McKay, so I have zero bias.

Just adding fuel to the fire at this point boss.

• Haha 1

I don't think you should be gifted McKay the pitcher just because you stashed the hitter.  When he goes on waivers as a pitcher, everyone has a chance.  Totally different stats warrants totally different player eligibility.

Just now, emcllns said:

I don't think you should be gifted McKay the pitcher just because you stashed the hitter.  When he goes on waivers as a pitcher, everyone has a chance.  Totally different stats warrants totally different player eligibility.

Image result for this guy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, emcllns said:

Oh, yeah, makes complete sense... 

They are the only platform doing this. That alone should tell you why it's not the fair/right way to do it. They do it this way because of their software, not because they decided this way is better. 

I bet you'd feel the same way if you rostered McKay the batter. 

You don't have batters broken up into different positions. It's not exactly the same, but guys values change drastically based on where they can slot in. When Rizzo gained 2B eligibility outta nowhere he became far more valuable than his already valuable 1B eligibility. Shouldn't have Rizzo the 2B went on waivers so everyone had the chance at that point? 

Different stats in no way, shape, or form warrant a separate player in a player pool. Different positional eligibility should not make up different batters. 

Luckily there's a better than fair chance that McKay isn't an Ohtani, his bat really isn't there. Many speculated Ohtani wouldn't have appreciable hitting value when he changed leagues - they were wrong, but I'd argue that argument is far more likely for McKay. 

• Like 1

Is he pitching tomorrow or is that a glitch? What is he doing tomorrow? 

20 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Is he pitching tomorrow or is that a glitch? What is he doing tomorrow? 

Yes he is. Not certain if starting or will follow an opener at this point. Come on over to the MLB thread where it’s being discussed.