Fort4242

2018 Tight End Rankings and Discussion

How much stock do you put in TE SOS? Kittle and Njoku have some of the worst strength of schedule .. bottom tier schedules actually.. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:18 PM, kdko said:

I really like Hayden Hurst in Baltimore.  Flacco force fed Pitta, who was the last decent TE they had.  The fact they spent a 1st rounder on one tells me they want to get a receiving TE heavily involved in their offense.

I think Andrews is better than Hurst.  BAL just doesn't know it yet :P

TE SOS is among the hardest to predict before the season. You know when a WR faces a great CB, or RB against a tough front 7. However, sometimes teams with great LBs and safeties run a scheme that favors TEs. Just have to recognize a trend after 3 or 4 weeks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

How much stock do you put in TE SOS? Kittle and Njoku have some of the worst strength of schedule .. bottom tier schedules actually.. 

Not much.  I'd look at QB SOS instead.

11 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

Not.

However: Kittle may not be used as a receiver as much as you think, and Njoku is maybe target #5 in one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Both those considerations are going to be wayyy more important.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 1:43 AM, theking759 said:

I think Kelce will rack up tons of catches while Smith and Watkins stretch the field. Thinking 90+ cathes and with about 1050-1100 yards and 7-8 TDs. Can Gronk surpass that? Not going to catch as many balls so would probably need double digit TDs to pass him IMO. 

This sounds like a hot take, but 1100/8 is Gronk's floor (barring injury).  I don't know what his ceiling is, but he wouldn't need extraordinary circumstances to get 1200/15.

3 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Not.

However: Kittle may not be used as a receiver as much as you think, and Njoku is maybe target #5 in one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Both those considerations are going to be wayyy more important.

Agreed Njoku may be as low as option 5 but I highly doubt the Browns will be one of the worst offenses. Don't let recency bias sway you. This is a team with a high level OC and looots of weapons, and potentially playing from behind often. The offense should be league average at absolute worst.

12 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

This sounds like a hot take, but 1100/8 is Gronk's floor (barring injury).  I don't know what his ceiling is, but he wouldn't need extraordinary circumstances to get 1200/15.

I think he would need a time machine. He hasn't had 1200 yards since 2011 and didn't even get close to 15 TD in the past 2 seasons combined.

Yeah yeah yeah, I read that you said healthy, but that's the thing, again, he'll need that time machine. Hasn't played 16 games since 2011.

Don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorite guys out there and he puts up insane numbers, but injuries are part of his game, and the numbers are trending slightly down, not up.

Edited by Boudewijn

I’m impressed with Mike Giseki tape! Top 5 TE with Ertz potential with the way he sets up his routes with Gronk’s body frame. Negatives that he doesn’t like blocking meaning he won’t like getting hit stick in the NFL level

One thing I’ve noticed about TE SOS is it’s one of the more valuable ones. There’s just some teams that flat out can’t cover the middle or TEs. The elite TEs will feast no matter what but it’s useful if you end up having to stream.

• Like 1

Anyone want to share their updated rankings? Trying to guage the value of Howard, McDonald, and Hooper on the wire. Leaning towards Howard.

1.  Kelce

2. Ertz

3. Gronk

4. Ebron

5. Graham

6. Cook

7. Kittle

8. Njoku

9. Burton

10. Hooper

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

1.  Kelce

2. Ertz

3. Gronk

4. Ebron

5. Graham

6. Cook

7. Kittle

8. Njoku

9. Burton

10. Hooper

Olsen?

34 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

1.  Kelce

2. Ertz

3. Gronk

4. Ebron

5. Graham

6. Cook

7. Kittle

8. Njoku

9. Burton

10. Hooper

I'd put Engram above Njoku and Howard after Burton. Remove Graham altogether and Olsen before Hooper.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I'd put Engram above Njoku and Howard after Burton. Remove Graham altogether and Olsen before Hooper.

Olsen should be up there on a weekly basis, but the injury risk is still there.

You know a position is a wasteland when Ebron cracks a top 4 and Cook top 6 and it’s a legit argument. I would remove Graham also and move Kittle higher.

Edited by jsch08
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

1.  Kelce

2. Ertz

3. Gronk

4. Ebron

5. Graham

6. Cook

7. Kittle

8. Njoku

9. Burton

10. Hooper

Olsen

OJ Howard and Brate. 

But in which order?

Where does Kyle Rudolph rank ROS in standard scoring?  Can’t decide if I should hold on or look to replace with Njoku/Hooper.

1 minute ago, OBoyle l 14 l said:

Where does Kyle Rudolph rank ROS in standard scoring?  Can’t decide if I should hold on or look to replace with Njoku/Hooper.

I'd probably look to replace, the Vikings will be getting Cook back and he should get some looks in the passing game.  That along with all the targets to Thielen and Diggs, not sure how much is left for Rudolph.

Don't understand people saying to remove Graham from the top 10, especially while keeping Cook on.  4 of Cook's 6 games include 10 yards, 20 yards, 31 yards and 49 yards..all with no touchdowns.   Plus Carr and the Raider's offense looks to be completely lost.

Graham >> Cook ROS easily. 

3 hours ago, yanksman said:

Graham has been solid...100 yards tonight. Just needs to learn all of Rodgers audibles, options, hand gestures, etc...

34 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

Don't understand people saying to remove Graham from the top 10, especially while keeping Cook on.  4 of Cook's 6 games include 10 yards, 20 yards, 31 yards and 49 yards..all with no touchdowns.   Plus Carr and the Raider's offense looks to be completely lost.

Graham >> Cook ROS easily. 

Me neither. Didn't like the pick when I made it but outside of week 1 he has been solid. Hasn't lost you anything and hasn't won you anything. Having a nice game tn