FollowTheLeader

Geronimo Allison 2018 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Panthor said:

isn't Allison more of a vertical threat?  against MIN, with Rodgers limited mobility against a strong front 7, i can't help but feel this is a game for the guys who run the short routes and screens

He may be the biggest vertical threat but it seems he can also run the whole route tree. And being that vertical threat, don’t discount Rodgers seeing a blitz & audibling to a 1-on-1 go route for a big play. He has the speed to run it but also the size to go get it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lvsaint429 said:

He may be the biggest vertical threat but it seems he can also run the whole route tree. And being that vertical threat, don’t discount Rodgers seeing a blitz & audibling to a 1-on-1 go route for a big play. He has the speed to run it but also the size to go get it

Right. And he also knows how to get open when Rodgers scrambles.

Didn't see the game but I'm feeling better about Allison after 2 weeks.  It appears Cobb and Graham cannibalize each other, while Allison is receiving 7-10 targets a week.  He's looking like a pretty solid WR3 going forward.

Edited by Red Dog

Agreed...I think he should be owned in all leagues because if Cobb or Adams get hurt, he will explode

He did enough for the end of my bench. He's a hold. I gather he has a pretty decent chance for a weekly td too. Pretty good wr4/5 with the upside for much more if the chips fall right.  

If you had the choice, would you hold to him over Cobb? Seems like Cobb may be a bit safer (although certainly not in a particularly exciting way) but Allison clearly has more upside.

This guy seems like the second coming of Donald Driver.  Not flashy.  Not an elite talent.  But if he can be a consistent safety valve, he might have himself a productive career.

54 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

If you had the choice, would you hold to him over Cobb? Seems like Cobb may be a bit safer (although certainly not in a particularly exciting way) but Allison clearly has more upside.

Davante Adams.

But seriously Cobb over Allison since he is the veteran in the offense and fully healthy for the first time in awhile. If you don't think Cobb can stay healthy then Allison.

Geronimo has 14 targets in two games. 3 of those targets came from Kizer resulting in 1 catch for 2 yards. The other 11 targets came from AR for 10 catches, 131 yards and a TD. This godly efficiency won't hold up, but the Rodgers-Geronimo rapport is legit and this kind of reliability may earn him even more targets.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 9:27 PM, sSektor said:

Davante Adams.

But seriously Cobb over Allison since he is the veteran in the offense and fully healthy for the first time in awhile. If you don't think Cobb can stay healthy then Allison.

I'll argue the other side. 

Geronimo is already bringing this level of production without the years Cobb has had to build a connection with Rodgers. He should continue to grow as a player. If Cobb's poor production since his stellar 2014 season is attributable to injuries, it's worth noting that Cobb now seems incapable of making it through the season without suffering these kinds of injuries. Cobb's body is just not built to take the kind of punishment he suffers from his niche in the offense. The best case for Geronimo also happens to be the most likely: Cobb will pick up 'minor' injuries that keep him playing but at reduced effectiveness, as was the case each of the past three seasons. He will continue to be a distraction for the defense, but some of his targets will migrate to healtier options like Geronimo (hopefully healthy that is). 

Geronimo is on pace for 88 catches, 1064 yards and 8 TDs. That's with a quarter of Kizer dragging it down. I just really like owning him right now. He must be a great asset in a dynasty league.

• Like 1

It may not be a great week to start him. Alison lines up quite often on the left side of the field. So does Josh Norman. 

He's a strong hold for me. If anything should happen to Adams or Cobb, you're looking at a WR2 with WR2 upside.

• Confused 2

Trust the Packers talent scouts, they always have good WR up and coming in their system.  

This guy is another one and when Cobb moves on next year ( or year after not sure his contract ) this guy is going to fill the void and another new one will become the 3rd.  If an injury happens this year GA becomes a weekly starter rather than bye week filler. 

Edited by Zak0221

Once they pull the Plug on Aaron Rogers Allison will as worthless as any AZ WR, sure they might get a catch here... Green Bay heading for big time trouble.

• Confused 1

On 9/16/2018 at 7:02 PM, Red Dog said:

Didn't see the game but I'm feeling better about Allison after 2 weeks.  It appears Cobb and Graham cannibalize each other, while Allison is receiving 7-10 targets a week.  He's looking like a pretty solid WR3 going forward.

Where do you get 7-10 targets per week when he's had 8 and 6 targets so far?

33 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

He's a strong hold for me. If anything should happen to Adams or Cobb, you're looking at a WR2 with WR2 upside.

Sorry, meant WR1 upside 

If Adams gets injured, this guy will be forced to pick up his slack.  You want him on your team, especially if you own DA. 

There are not many WR handcuffs in NFL but Rodgers offense you def want to consider it. 

2 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

If Adams gets injured, this guy will be forced to pick up his slack.  You want him on your team, especially if you own DA. 

There are not many WR handcuffs in NFL but Rodgers offense you def want to consider it. 

I have Cobb. Allison is my cuff.

Said the below in the "Bold Prediction Thread" before the season....Geronimo is the GB WR2 (not Cobb) and should be owned in all league -- have him in both leagues and I'm confident in starting him every week.

On 9/7/2018 at 9:01 PM, Spina said:

Geronimo Allison - like most, I too believe Allison overtakes Cobb in production/targets. When has an Aaron Rodgers starting outside receiver not been a valuable fantasy asset? Again, not so bold. 

Edited by Spina

44 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Where do you get 7-10 targets per week when he's had 8 and 6 targets so far?

Kinda nick picking, but I do believe Allison becomes more involved as the season goes on.  The concern for me is he didn't have a target until the second half last week.  I don't believe that is going happen much more goin forward.

What's great about Allison is that he's a double cuff -- meaning his value skyrockets if not one, but one of two players (Cobb/Adams) gets injured.  And taking into account Cobb and Adams' injury likeliness, it will be sooner rather than later that you will be getting a top target on an Aaron Rodgers led offense.

He's a FLEX play with virtually guaranteed upside in the coming weeks.

I like Allison's chances better with Adams in the line up, which will command the defenses attention.

1 hour ago, Red Dog said:

Kinda nick picking, but I do believe Allison becomes more involved as the season goes on.  The concern for me is he didn't have a target until the second half last week.  I don't believe that is going happen much more goin forward.

It's not nit picking to point out your exaggeration.  You made a statement that was false to make Geronimo Allison seem more targeted than he's been.