DropkickAlex

ESPN adds 200 minor leaguers to leagues

For those in first come first serve leagues...Greene, Gore, etc have been added. Full list on their front page. 

• Like 2

Unreal. Bichette still not added. ESPN is such a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

what in the world is wrong with these sites?

why not just add the top 30 prospects for each team based on MLB's ranking. how hard is that?

• Like 4

No Bichette, Hampson, Luzardo, Ramos, Pearson, Gore or Greene, Kieboom, Ruiz... not sure how they manage to screw the pooch so badly ALL THE TIME. 

At least Toronto 2B Tim Lopes is there. You know, for 30 team leagues with 200 man rosters. 

On CBS your able to create a placeholder (Unlisted Player Add) using the  players actual name/team in the interim until they are officially added to the official player database. 

Once added, you can simply add to the roster and drop the placeholder.  Not sure if other platforms allow for the same, but it mitigates the above pain point if they do...especially in deeper leagues that have more depth within the minor league systems.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, F@ndemonium said:

On CBS your able to create a placeholder (Unlisted Player Add) using the  players actual name/team in the interim until they are officially added to the official player database. 

Once added, you can simply add to the roster and drop the placeholder.  Not sure if other platforms allow for the same, but it mitigates the above pain point if they do...especially in deeper leagues that have more depth within the minor league systems.  

i know on fantrax it's pretty simple to get a player added at request. you send an email (or fill out a form online) that requires only some basic info about the player: name, DOB, position, and maybe one or two other items. i've done it a couple of times, and usually the player is added within two days.

I'm furious about this. They've never done such a large dump in June before. If a guy wasn't in the system, he was almost always added only once he was called up. Therefore teams make waiver decisions based on this understanding. 

Case in point: I used the #1 claim on Luis Castillo a month ago, based on an understanding  that currently unavailable prospects like Whitley wouldn't be added unless called up. I chose to roll the dice.

If I had known that 200 players were going to be added in June, I would never  have added Castillo! And how could I have known - it's literally  never been done and wasn't announced preseason. Now I've  got the 14th claim, so bye bye everyone  worth adding!

I'm done with ESPN. Dynasty leagues can't function if the underlying system is subject to unpredictable and unannounced changes. Clearly the ESPN team does not understand dynasty leagues at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sngehl01 said:

No Bichette, Hampson, Luzardo, Ramos, Pearson, Gore or Greene, Kieboom, Ruiz... not sure how they manage to screw the pooch so badly ALL THE TIME. 

At least Toronto 2B Tim Lopes is there. You know, for 30 team leagues with 200 man rosters. 

58 minutes ago, F@ndemonium said:

No need to on Yahoo.  All of these guys are already in the database so why add pretend places.  And I mean ALL of the ones ESPN still hasn't added in the post cited above.  How can ESPN way WAY belatedly dump in 200 prospects and still leave these guys out? 

I mean Bichette was like the second guy taken in one of my dynasty mini-redrafts since players like Vlad Jr and Forrest Whitley etc had been taken the year before.  Yahoo has it's faults and I have been loud about them for like forever but it does add 99% of the prospects it needs to add early on.

About pretend places, if you want to go crazy and have a 40 prospects per team league you can always use a spreadsheet and not clog up a spot on the active roster.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

7 hours ago, tywalson said:

Unreal. Bichette still not added. ESPN is such a joke.

bichette has been added

• Thanks 1

This is the most dumb and confusing thing ever. I have searched for guys like Gore and Greene and they still aren't even in there. Whitley and Bichette however are. 

Is whitley the highest upside and closest from the players added? for an espn 8-keeper league

according to the list espn put up it says pearson was added but ive searched and hes not there

In what order would u guys rank the players just added to ESPN value wise for dynasties? I see bichette and Whitley have been added

its amazing, I could probably do every fantasy site player updates added to database in a week.

why don't they just hire me at all of them and I will take care of them all

So is everyone else. I think they are all there and on waivers. Good luck all.

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No need to on Yahoo.  All of these guys are already in the database so why add pretend places.  And I mean ALL of the ones ESPN still hasn't added in the post cited above.  How can ESPN way WAY belatedly dump in 200 prospects and still leave these guys out? 

I mean Bichette was like the second guy taken in one of my dynasty mini-redrafts since players like Vlad Jr and Forrest Whitley etc had been taken the year before.  Yahoo has it's faults and I have been loud about them for like forever but it does add 99% of the prospects it needs to add early on.

About pretend places, if you want to go crazy and have a 40 prospects per team league you can always use a spreadsheet and not clog up a spot on the active roster.

At this point I'm pretty certain that you are secretly on Yahoo's payroll.. a forum mole!

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

At this point I'm pretty certain that you are secretly on Yahoo's payroll.. a forum mole!

Good one.  Yeah and one who is still banned from posting on Yahoo's own forum, haha. 

And, ironically, banned for asking one too many questions about why Yahoo's NA (prospect) slots still don't work right as in carry over to the next year intact.  Yahoo has all the prospects you want but you can't keep them in your NA slots until after the keepers in/draft is held pre-season.  They are stuck on your active roster until then causing you to have to drop them or vets to make your active roster max limit.  Just wonderful ... not ... in dynasty leagues.

So on Yahoo you have tons of prospects to pick up but retaining them in dynasties is hard to do since their max roster size allowed is 30.  Whereas on ESPN their max roster size allowed is 40 so you have plenty of room to squirrel away lots of prospects but they aren't in the database.

3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

And, ironically, banned for asking one too many questions about why Yahoo's NA (prospect) slots still don't work right as in carry over to the next year intact.  Yahoo has all the prospects you want but you can't keep them in your NA slots until after the keepers in/draft is held pre-season.

The answer to this is that Yahoo won't give a player invited to Spring Training and is on the 40 man roster the NA designation until that player is actually sent back down to the minor leagues The prospects that aren't on the 40 man roster and haven't been invited to Spring Training always retain their NA status from the word go.

Until it's official that a prospect will be in the minor leagues to begin a season, Yahoo won't consider to them to be "NA" or "Not on the Active" MLB roster.

Just now, Dark One said:

The answer to this is that Yahoo won't give a player invited to Spring Training and is on the 40 man roster the NA designation until that player is actually sent back down to the minor leagues The prospects that aren't on the 40 man roster and haven't been invited to Spring Training always retain their NA status from the word go.

Until it's official that a prospect will be in the minor leagues to begin a season, Yahoo won't consider to them to be "NA" or "Not on the Active" MLB roster.

No they don't.  I'm talking about that.  That is a given.

What I am saying is that the NA designation (as well as the DL designation on long term Tommy John players or what not) both disappear entirely for everyone when Yahoo re-opens in the spring whether they are on the 40 man roster or never even on it nor invited to the major league camp. 

AFTER a particular league's draft, the NA and DL tags reappear on those that have been sent back down or were never on the 40 man roster.  And the NA and DL slots magically appear again when you drag a player down past the last active roster slot.  So you can have someone like say Hunter Greene NOT have a NA tag in a dynasty or keeper league that hasn't "drafted" yet and yet he magically has it again in another league who has just finished the re-draft. 

After the draft you can slide the NA players back into the NA slots but not until then.

It is a major software glitch and more people than me have brought it up to them.  Yahoo has acknowledge this NA problem from the get go and promised to fix it right after it was introduced what is it now, maybe 6 years ago.  But just like Lucy promising Charlie Brown each year that she will hold the football for real for him this time, they never do.

Yahoo no longer even wants to talk about fixing the problem and so if you ask why they haven't fixed it yet on the Yahoo forums these days you risk getting banned.  :P

Not to worry! ESPN has their top tech right on it!  

download (1).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No they don't....

Weird - that hasn't been my experience. Oh well.

Edited by Dark One

Ugh, this has caused all sorts of problems in our league. We always used only the ESPN player pool. You could pick up anyone at will as long as they were in the pool, and guys worth adding who got added to the pool upon call-up was infrequent enough that it wasn't a big deal and easily handled by the waiver process. Now you have a dozen or so guys that are getting added at once, and ESPN essentially saying that they're going to do this from time to time so it's now unpredictable and random.

I think we're going to have a two round mid-season draft including the new guys and anyone not in the ESPN pool, finally go to not limiting the pool to ESPN's players, and just maintain a list with placeholders for those not in the pool. The draft going forward will be a true first year player draft, with the previous year's draft picks and int'l signings eligible.  This is how I've wanted it for a while, but getting there this way has been a pain.

21 hours ago, amcsoldier said:

I'm furious about this. They've never done such a large dump in June before. If a guy wasn't in the system, he was almost always added only once he was called up. Therefore teams make waiver decisions based on this understanding. 

Case in point: I used the #1 claim on Luis Castillo a month ago, based on an understanding  that currently unavailable prospects like Whitley wouldn't be added unless called up. I chose to roll the dice.

If I had known that 200 players were going to be added in June, I would never  have added Castillo! And how could I have known - it's literally  never been done and wasn't announced preseason. Now I've  got the 14th claim, so bye bye everyone  worth adding!

I'm done with ESPN. Dynasty leagues can't function if the underlying system is subject to unpredictable and unannounced changes. Clearly the ESPN team does not understand dynasty leagues at all. 

I could not agree more.  In a deep 18 team keeper, had the no. 2 and burned it on Lauer because I didn't want to play the September call-up game again this year.  Had I held I would have had Whitley or Bichette.  I'm not overly worked up about it, it's just...well...stupid.  To be fair I'm willing to bet the complaining (assuming others have given I have) I'm sure came from many people that post here had something to do with ESPN doing the mass dump. 

Thinking about having a supplemental draft for the league I run for just the players added so that they're evenly divided up.  Anyone else kick the tires on that yet?  Or is it better to just let the chips fall where they may and have the guys asleep at the wheel miss out?