The 7th Beatles

Duke Johnson 2018 Outlook

A lot of ppl are saying, "with all the injuries to the wide reciever core"..only wr ik thats injured on the browns is Higgins. Who else am I missing?

6 minutes ago, Swagitude said:

A lot of ppl are saying, "with all the injuries to the wide reciever core"..only wr ik thats injured on the browns is Higgins. Who else am I missing?

What you are missing is what I've already communicated in this thread.  

1) In addition to Higgins being injured the Browns lost Willies to IR.

2)  Njuko's workload has increased but he's still inconsistent and don't mention Chubb as a pass-catcher but I digress.  

3) The WRs they do have have performed poorly.  They have NO proven pass-catchers on their roster other than Landry.  Callaway can't catch a cold, Ratley has case off droppies too and as a result Landry's being doubled by defenses because he's only WR threat and his numbers look terrible last game:  9 Targets 2 receptions 11 yds.

Enter the explosive Duke who needs more touches:  2 carries 36 yds 4 catches 73 yds last Sunday.  

1 hour ago, Swagitude said:

Well they also traded the best wr on the team

Duke Johnson listed as starter today, fire him up!  I believe that Chubb’s role will gradually grow bigger as season progresses, but for this week Duke will get a significant share of Hyde’s snaps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alexcuse said:

Duke Johnson listed as starter today, fire him up!  I believe that Chubb’s role will gradually grow bigger as season progresses, but for this week Duke will get a significant share of Hyde’s snaps.

Source? 

6 minutes ago, alexcuse said:

Except Duke Johnson isn’t a 1st or 2nd down back.  Sorry.

Duke Johnson - RB -  Browns

Duke Johnson is listed as the starter for Week 7 against the Bucs.

We wouldn't read much into this. Johnson is listed ahead of Chubb out of seniority but may not start depending on what formation the Browns open in. Chubb remains the favorite to lead Cleveland in Week 7 carries.

Oct 21 - 11:42 AM

I've low key been thinking that Duke ends up being the back to own here. My only reservation is the lack of short throws by Baker. If they end up giving Duke 10-15 carries a game he will carry significant value, & I wouldn't rule it out. 

Doubt all you guys want this week, I am taking the chance to start him over some highly ranked rb’s with bad matchups.

No coincidence to me that duke made public statement of lack of touches and few days later Hyde got traded. As season progresses he will lose more snaps to Chubb, but this week should be a gigantic game for him.  Check out the receiving yardage of other running backs who played against TB this year.

• Like 1

I was shocked the Duke did not get the starter Job to begin the year.

He is a PPR monster, and finally is getting a fair chance.  Chubb can wait till next year or longer.

Cleveland Browns RB Duke Johnson

Cleveland Browns running back Carlos Hyde was traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for a fifth-round 2019 draft pick on Friday. That turns the Browns backfield into a two-man partnership between Nick Chubb and Duke Johnson Jr.

Presumably, Chubb will be the man on early downs, while Johnson should be the primary back for third downs and/or passing situations. However, the Dawgs By Nature blog posits that Johnson could get the most work Sunday:

If I were a betting man, I would wager that Duke gets the majority of the work on Sunday. Especially with the possibility of a pass heavy game.

Johnson may blow up against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense, and a few facts point to that happening.

First, the Bucs rank last in passing yards allowed per attempt. Ex-Miami star Johnson is an adept pass-catcher who led Cleveland with 74 receptions last year.

Second, this game could develop into a shootout: Per OddsShark, the current over/under total is 51.5 points, which is the fourth-highest mark on the Week 7 slate.

Third, only two NFL teams have allowed more receiving yards to running backs than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this year, per Football Outsiders.

Finally, Johnson has been receiving increased snaps of late, to the point where he was on the field more than the workhorse Hyde last Sunday (47 percent of snaps to 43 percent). Now Hyde is in Jacksonville, opening up more opportunities for Johnson.

All of these facts could lead to a productive outing for Johnson, especially in point-per-reception leagues.

7 minutes ago, alexcuse said:

Doubt all you guys want this week, I am taking the chance to start him over some highly ranked rb’s with bad matchups.

No coincidence to me that duke made public statement of lack of touches and few days later Hyde got traded. As season progresses he will lose more snaps to Chubb, but this week should be a gigantic game for him.  Check out the receiving yardage of other running backs who played against TB this year.

Starting him over Mark Ingram?

2 minutes ago, alexcuse said:

To me he is a safer start (this week only) than any Saint or Patriot RB.

Wow, bold statement. You would play him over I gram or Kamara and White and Michel. Wow

Edited by TennisMenace

Just now, alexcuse said:

To me he is a safer start (this week only) than any Saint or Patriot RB.

I would start literally every Saint and Patriot RB before Duke. Kamara, Ingram, White, Michel > Duke this week and ROS.

6 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Cleveland Browns RB Duke Johnson

Cleveland Browns running back Carlos Hyde was traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for a fifth-round 2019 draft pick on Friday. That turns the Browns backfield into a two-man partnership between Nick Chubb and Duke Johnson Jr.

Presumably, Chubb will be the man on early downs, while Johnson should be the primary back for third downs and/or passing situations. However, the Dawgs By Nature blog posits that Johnson could get the most work Sunday:

If I were a betting man, I would wager that Duke gets the majority of the work on Sunday. Especially with the possibility of a pass heavy game.

Johnson may blow up against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense, and a few facts point to that happening.

First, the Bucs rank last in passing yards allowed per attempt. Ex-Miami star Johnson is an adept pass-catcher who led Cleveland with 74 receptions last year.

Second, this game could develop into a shootout: Per OddsShark, the current over/under total is 51.5 points, which is the fourth-highest mark on the Week 7 slate.

Third, only two NFL teams have allowed more receiving yards to running backs than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this year, per Football Outsiders.

Finally, Johnson has been receiving increased snaps of late, to the point where he was on the field more than the workhorse Hyde last Sunday (47 percent of snaps to 43 percent). Now Hyde is in Jacksonville, opening up more opportunities for Johnson.

All of these facts could lead to a productive outing for Johnson, especially in point-per-reception leagues.

haha if only fantasy was the simple we'd all be undefeated

3 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

haha if only fantasy was the simple we'd all be undefeated

Stars may be aligning.  Don't sell the Duke short man.  RB11 last year in ppr leagues.

Don't forget that.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Stars may be aligning.  Don't sell the Duke short man.  RB11 last year in ppr leagues.

Don't forget that.  

Hes in my lineup....Breida scares me with every game injury. 

Apologizing to everyone in advance. I just swapped him into my flex at the absolute last second so naturally this is not going to end well.

Ill take all the blame.

• Like 2

Lol eggshells all over my face for my prediction, but at least he did outscore both Sony Michel and LeSean McCoy on my bench in one league, so technically it was still the correct decision there.

game was too close, I guess needed a blowout game script for him to do better.

11 minutes ago, alexcuse said:

Lol eggshells all over my face for my prediction, but at least he did outscore both Sony Michel and LeSean McCoy on my bench in one league, so technically it was still the correct decision there.

game was too close, I guess needed a blowout game script for him to do better.

Browns will never be in blow out situations. They are good enough to both be competitive and good enough just to lose.

• Thanks 1