The 7th Beatles

Duke Johnson 2018 Outlook

21 hours ago, papaphunk said:

dropped Lamar Miller this week and picked up Duke in a 1 PPR League. Pretty sweet move 

As a Birds fan, would also love to see the Eagles make this move. They could def use Duke's talents as another back out of the backfield who can catch. 

Any Eagles fan would love to have Duke, it just isn't going to happen (I wish they would trade Duke to the Eagles). The Browns constant player misuse is baffling. I read comments after the last game the head coach has been complaining about the OC saying he needs he needs his help but he has to be careful not to get too frustrated. It's obvious, the OC is over his head, this team should be good. They have a decent enough roster, they just call stagnant plays. They have to start putting the ball in play their makers hands, and stop trying to force bombs. Duke and Chubbs should be on the field every play. Why they don't have Duke lining up as a WR when Chubb is in the backfield is beyond me, it's not like they have a better #2 option at wr. I'm not a Browns fan so I don't watch every game but the play calling I've seen this year is hard to watch.

8 hours ago, Mikeyvegas said:

I'm tempted to hold Duke one more week. Just to make sure.

I'm going to hold out one more week myself.  

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

I'm going to hold out one more week myself.  

Well I’m rage dropping so y’all are making the right decision.

The last four weeks have been back and forth for Duke so he’s due for double digit PPR points this week after last weeks dud. That’s what I’m telling myself because I have to play him.

Anyone know his snap percentage from week 7 and how many routes he ran?

Let’s hope the hc and oc change leads to this stupid team actually utilizing one of their most talented offensive players.  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 2:14 PM, papaphunk said:

dropped Lamar Miller this week and picked up Duke in a 1 PPR League. Pretty sweet move 

As a Birds fan, would also love to see the Eagles make this move. They could def use Duke's talents as another back out of the backfield who can catch. 

That was a pretty sweet move!

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Let’s hope the hc and oc change leads to this stupid team actually utilizing one of their most talented offensive players.  

That is my only reason to hold one more week. I keep saying that: "one more week..."

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Get ready for Duke "David" Johnson Jr.... 

Okay, probably not. 

It's a stretch... but the new OC was the QBs coach in Arizona for David Johnson's 2016...

13 minutes ago, smeeze said:

It's a stretch... but the new OC was the QBs coach in Arizona for David Johnson's 2016...

Yeah,  that was the reason for my post.  I'm not expecting Duke to become a superstar,  but maybe he will now actually be utilized as the pass catching mismatch he is. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1

Just now, ajs723 said:

Yeah,  that was the reason for my post.  I'm not expecting Duke to become a superstar,  but maybe he will now actually be utilized as the pad catching mismatch he is. 

My bad! Thought the DJ comparison was just a coincidence. 

• Like 1

Anyone out there still holding and hoping he gets used?

I've held him on the end of my bench but man it hurts so much to see his talent not utilized and going to waste back to the WW.  

8 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

I've held him on the end of my bench but man it hurts so much to see his talent not utilized and going to waste back to the WW.  

Haven't been holding this season, but just picked him up off the WW today because of bye week hell I literally had 1 RB on my roster who's playing a game this week.  

I'm hoping a new offensive staff maybe tries something different?  I dug a little deeper into Freddie Kitchens.  Like people have said, I imagine they don't re-create the entire offense mid-season, however he could add some of his own wrinkles.

Kitchens spent a lot of time with the AZ Cardinals from 2007-2017.  Was there with Arians and during DJ's huge year.  Perhaps he's learned some things from Arians he'll implement here in Cleveland.  Also with KC on the slate this week, Browns should be playing lots of catch up, and could mean some passing work for Duke.  I know that's been the case last few weeks and Duke hasn't materialized, but with a new OC, maybe it does this time.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

I'm still holding him by a thread in my 14 team PPR league.  I think he's only worth holding in PPR's.

It really wouldn't take too much to give him value.....A few more carries and a few more catches a game would make him useful.  

I'm giving him one more week.  If he can't put up a solid line in a game against the Chiefs where the Browns should be playing catch up all game, then he'll never be useful.  

I'm really expecting his best game of the season this week as it sets up perfectly for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I'm still holding him by a thread in my 14 team PPR league.  I think he's only worth holding in PPR's.

It really wouldn't take too much to give him value.....A few more carries and a few more catches a game would make him useful.  

I'm giving him one more week.  If he can't put up a solid line in a game against the Chiefs where the Browns should be playing catch up all game, then he'll never be useful.  

I'm really expecting his best game of the season this week as it sets up perfectly for him.

This is where I am....this is the week we should see an uptick in usage.  If not, then he's eminently droppable (unless you also own Chubb and need a cuff).

42 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

https://twitter.com/marykaycabot/status/1058060932956504064?s=21

#BrownsCLEBrowns18.png OC Freddie Kitchens jokes: "I think we're trying to get the ball to Duke 45 times this game.''

and then proceeds to say, "just kidding, but seriously 20 times"

hehe :D

5 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

and then proceeds to say, "just kidding, but seriously 20 times"

hehe :D

Sounds like at least a 60-40 split to me. Chubb might get majority carries but Duke will be more involved.

I didn't see his last game but didn't Duke get hurt? 

Was that the reason he wasn't used much?

3 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

I didn't see his last game but didn't Duke get hurt? 

Was that the reason he wasn't used much?

Yes, Kitchens said he was a little banged up and he would have had more reps had he not been.

• Like 1