The 7th Beatles

Duke Johnson 2018 Outlook

Just now, ajs723 said:

Still playing over 40% of the snaps on the season. That's great for a 3rd down back. 

For comparison, Austin Ekeler is at 32%. 

The targets will come. I mean, they have to. 

Well we are still waiting, I mean I guess having Baker get the start is something different but so far it has been the Hyde & Chubb show

10 minutes ago, metalmat said:

Well we are still waiting, I mean I guess having Baker get the start is something different but so far it has been the Hyde & Chubb show

Chubb has played 12 snaps in 3 games (Duke has played 93). Chubb is not an issue, at all. 

Edited by ajs723

Just now, ajs723 said:

Chubb has played 12 snaps in 3 games. He's not an issue, at all. 

True on that. I guess it is a wait and see for both of us.

Teams will have to start respecting the pass now.

To anyone who thinks he's droppable, I wonder who the heck you have on the WW.  

8 minutes ago, RJRJRJ said:

Teams will have to start respecting the pass now.

To anyone who thinks he's droppable, I wonder who the heck you have on the WW.  

How does respecting the pass help him?  He gets more rushes?  His touch count is very concerning.  Even when Baker played last night, it's not as if Duke was being put in there.  Baker is going to take shots down field.  And Hyde is no slouch either, he can catch.  Basically Duke seems to be a handcuff.

I don't think anyone wants to drop.  But certainly as injuries and upcoming byes, he might be the least productive guy on the bench.  In short bench leagues, tough decisions might need to be made.

Hue Jackson loved to use Gio Bernard while he was the OC in cincy. Same thing will happen here. Hue's going to get Duke involved at a healthy rate

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ajs723 said:

They're using him plenty, he just isn't producing. 

In the passing game and rushing game, he's seen a total of 20 targets in 3 games. Averaging a little over 6 combined targets per game isn't what I would call "using him plenty" for a pass-catching RB.

5 minutes ago, hansen said:

In the passing game and rushing game, he's seen a total of 20 targets in 3 games. Averaging a little over 6 combined targets per game isn't what I would call "using him plenty" for a pass-catching RB.

I meant, he's on the field plenty. He's clearly not being "used" enough. That's the confusing part. 

7 hours ago, Chippa said:

Hue Jackson loved to use Gio Bernard while he was the OC in cincy. Same thing will happen here. Hue's going to get Duke involved at a healthy rate

By when?  He already said last week he wanted to get him more involved, and we saw how that went.  You'd think with how much Haley used Bell for dump downs with Ben, Duke would have had a decent year (with Tyrod OR Baker).

24 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

By when?  He already said last week he wanted to get him more involved, and we saw how that went.  You'd think with how much Haley used Bell for dump downs with Ben, Duke would have had a decent year (with Tyrod OR Baker).

You had one half to decypher that....

Call me crazy...but this feels like an ever-rare "buy-low" moment right now with Mayfield likely sticking as the starting QB.

4 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

Ok waivers clear tomorrow- worth it?

I went ahead and grabbed him as my end of bench stash. I think he's worth holding until we see how the situation shakes out with Baker Mayfield at the helm

1 minute ago, atrium said:

I went ahead and grabbed him as my end of bench stash. I think he's worth holding until we see how the situation shakes out with Baker Mayfield at the helm

Do you take a guy like duke over a guy like barber who has been awful?

4 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Do you take a guy like duke over a guy like barber who has been awful?

Yep. Unless you play in a standard league.

I think if you have em you, gotta hold for a couple weeks and see how Baker plays. The offense looked energized under him when he came in. 

I mean unless some big name is dropped or an injury occurs and you have the chance to get the next guy up.  the wire seems pretty dry for RBs 

5 hours ago, Spochy said:

I think if you have em you, gotta hold for a couple weeks and see how Baker plays. The offense looked energized under him when he came in. 

I mean unless some big name is dropped or an injury occurs and you have the chance to get the next guy up.  the wire seems pretty dry for RBs 

Do you go for a guy like Duke at the end of your bench or Hines?

5 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Do you go for a guy like Duke at the end of your bench or Hines?

i've gone with Hines at this point, and dropped Duke.

• Like 1