The 7th Beatles

Duke Johnson 2018 Outlook

10 hours ago, Smoketheclay said:

I want to see if he gets targets this week

I agree. This is his turning point week. Either it happens now with Baker or it ain’t gonna happen this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mdw5048 said:

I agree. This is his turning point week. Either it happens now with Baker or it ain’t gonna happen this season.

DESPERATELY starting him this week.  I agree, it's now or never.  Problem is, Hyde can still catch balls, and the coaching staff seems to like him.  I go back to, why did they give Duke an extension, if they're not going to use him in situations where he excels?  He's a play maker, get the dude in space!

Guy just dropped the Duke.  I'm wondering how much I am willing to spend FAAB and what I am willing to drop for him.  I am almost thinking about dropping The Drake, or dropping Dorsett (whom I am playing today). 

My concern is that this Browns offense is completely loaded and has a capable QB. 

Just now, dudewithabadcat said:

Guy just dropped the Duke.  I'm wondering how much I am willing to spend FAAB and what I am willing to drop for him.  I am almost thinking about dropping The Drake, or dropping Dorsett (whom I am playing today). 

My concern is that this Browns offense is completely loaded and has a capable QB. 

I could also drop Clement whom I am not sure is going to recover from this hammy issue this year.  I'd rather have Clement any day.  I think Wentz offers more value to the scatback.  Just thinking out loud.

3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Duke was also dropped in my league, whats the deal with him?  Seems like he should be a useful piece of this offense as a pass catching back but he's not doing anything at all after leading the Browns in scrimmage yards last year.  

Is he getting snaps and worth a pick up?  Or is this a lost year and the Browns are for whatever reason moving on from him.  Tempted to scoop. 

5 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Duke was also dropped in my league, whats the deal with him?  Seems like he should be a useful piece of this offense as a pass catching back but he's not doing anything at all after leading the Browns in scrimmage yards last year.  

Is he getting snaps and worth a pick up?  Or is this a lost year and the Browns are for whatever reason moving on from him.  Tempted to scoop. 

Under Tyrod, I think he was useless.  Under Mayfield, I believe there is an argument that he is going to have some value.  Yet to be seen, honestly.

14 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I'm pretty sure they just gave him a new contract so I doubt they are moving him

Picked him up as there were a few rumors going around this morning of some type of roster move or trade. They promoted a RB from the practice squad, so it leads credence. 

12 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Picked him up as there were a few rumors going around this morning of some type of roster move or trade. They promoted a RB from the practice squad, so it leads credence. 

Any sources on this? I haven't heard anything.

4 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Any sources on this? I haven't heard anything.

Just the fact that they elevated a RB from the practice squad. Higgins is out. If anything, Duke might assume the slot and get more opportunities.

He's worth owning- he's better than most trash right now anyways just for these rumors alone. It's just smoke, but I usually buy rumors.

• Like 1

Just now, whoopsie said:

He seems like a very good real life trade candidate before the trade deadline. One can only hope.

I think Hyde is the better trade candidate to SF packaged with Tyrod  for draft picks, gets their salaries off his ledger which leaves Duke and Chubb and dorsey

23 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think Hyde is the better trade candidate to SF packaged with Tyrod  for draft picks, gets their salaries off his ledger which leaves Duke and Chubb and dorsey

I think they’d need to run Chubb more than 3 times, before considering trading one of their players.

The Browns can cut Hyde without to much trouble after the season anyways, so I doubt he gets traded.

Duke just needs to be used more.  Mayfield would benefit considerably with him out there.  

But, I wouldn’t hold my breath.  The Browns are trying to outwill and outtalent opponents... they’re not going to outcoach them.

Trading Duke would be great, but I don’t see it happening.

Its definitely strange that they're rarely targeting any of the backs.    They're really committing to this run game thing.  It made sense with Tyrod since he's never been a high volume passer, and his legs open up space, but Baker should be using Duke and Hyde both as short route targets, one would think.

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

the niners season is over why would they want these guys ? 

1 hour ago, Flyers_28 said:

the niners season is over why would they want these guys ? 

it's never over until it's over in the NFL, teams and coaches just don't lay down. . unless they are racing to the bottom for a high draft pick

Duke publicly calling for more work without actually publicly calling for more work. Hue, listen to the man!

"I've just never been a big fan of going up to coaches and demanding the ball,'' he said. "I've always been the type of guy to let my performance show and my history of making plays do all the talking and at the end of the day it's up to you how much I get the ball if I even get the ball. I'm always going to let my work do the talking.''

Johnson said if Haley "comes to me and say he needs me, 'yes, coach, I've got you.' Other than that I just don't like to feel like I'm trying to do your job. Because it's your job as special teams (coordinator), offensive coordinator, I don't want them to feel like I'm crossing nobody's boundaries.''

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/10/duke_johnson_frustrated_by_his.html

Hyde is a top 10 rb chubb is a stud back up.... there are not enough carries or receptions to go around.... sorry duke

Edited by hard1

On 10/10/2018 at 9:58 AM, dashoe said:

Why in the world would the 49ers give up picks for Hyde and Tyrod? Hyde was on the team, and they didn't want to bring him back despite having a massive amount of of cap to spend. And Tyrod is even worse than CJ.

Its not like those two woukd suddenly turn the Niners into a playoff team.

But hey, maybe it would take them from 4 wins to 5 wins?

4 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Why in the world would the 49ers give up picks for Hyde and Tyrod? Hyde was on the team, and they didn't want to bring him back despite having a massive amount of of cap to spend. And Tyrod is even worse than CJ.

Its not like those two woukd suddenly turn the Niners into a playoff team.

But hey, maybe it would take them from 4 wins to 5 wins?

Maybe. . 

Not a bad week went over 100 total yards , would love to see him get more carries. Carlos Hyde just hasn’t been that great this year , only has one game with a 4+ ypc.