The 7th Beatles

Duke Johnson 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Think people are overestimating what Chubbs snap count is likely going to be. Think this will be a 50/50 split. 

Incorrect. I like Duke Johnson alot but Chubb just replaces Hyde here. I would be excited if I was a Johnson owner, but I don't see a big bump from this tbh

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Last two weeks Johnson outsnapped Hyde though, so could this be Johnson's backfield for the time being? Or was that just game script dependent?

My hunch is game script given that the Browns were chasing points

2 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Do we think that could be a trend?

1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

Yeah... Mayfield throwing 89 passes in the last two games speaks a lot to that. 

Just picked him up to hopefully be what Dion Lewis was supposed to be. Duke should def get more action since Chubb can't catch passes and that's great since i play in a half point PPR league. 

Edited by Helmholtz_Watsonn

Mayfield pushes the ball downfield. He doesn’t check down often, to his safety valves. So I’m not feeling Duke gets much of a bump from what he currently does. Unless the play calling changes, to where they utilize more designed rb routes, anyways. 

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

The real winner in this trade 

How so?

Doesn't his role stay the exact same? With just Chubb replacing Hyde.

how does Duke benefit?

1 minute ago, WH71 said:

How so?

Doesn't his role stay the exact same? With just Chubb replacing Hyde.

how does Duke benefit?

Freeing up Hyde's touches will most likely get Duke 2-4 touches more a game. That'll put him up back into hopefully RB2 territory in PPR. 

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Freeing up Hyde's touches will most likely get Duke 2-4 touches more a game. That'll put him up back into hopefully RB2 territory in PPR. 

he's also one of few pass catchers you can trust on cleveland. Him and Njoku

Picked up both Duke and Chubb when I heard the news. But which back is the one to own? Not sure if I want both. Chubb likely to maybe be a Michel clone which is fine. But does Duke have real standalone value?

Edited by FitzMagic

To clarify, after posting this in haste...Picked up both Duke and Chubb when I heard the news. Not sure if I want both. Chubb likely to maybe be a Michel clone which is fine because I love Michel. But does Duke have real standalone value? I’m not into handcuffing but if he’s like an Ekeler or something I’ll keep him. I just don’t know a ton about him.

The browns will be playing some explosive offenses starting this week, which means a positive game script for Duke johnson.

I'd look at selling him high after about 3-4 weeks though. Might be able to get high end WR2 value for him if he blows up. 

WooooooooooooW EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Can't believe I read the tea leaves and put this guy on the end of my bench before the news broke.

Duke is the 2nd best receiver on this team.  RB11 in ppr last season.

Win Win Babbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Raynestorm said:

Mayfield pushes the ball downfield. He doesn’t check down often, to his safety valves. So I’m not feeling Duke gets much of a bump from what he currently does. Unless the play calling changes, to where they utilize more designed rb routes, anyways. 

He may, but they need to use Duke as a wide receiver anyway.  They don't have reliable pass catchers and Duke is one of the best pass catching backs.  He'll be used quite a bit imho.

Picked up duke last week and this news breaks out today. But how much change can we expect? It was never a matter of Hyde being in the way of Johnson was it? It was moreso the OC not utilizing Duke at all. So even if Hyde’s gone, he’s replaced by Chubb. I can see the argument that maybe they ease Chubb in, but ultimately, I don’t know if Duke is the real winner in the trade. Seems like his role was never compromised due to Hyde, but moreso the offense play calling in general. This is all from a high level though, since I don’t pay attention to the browns. Just don’t wanna be hyped up only to be let down. I can’t take another Miller or Howard this season. 

I've heard talk Todd Haley only employing one RB (PIT model). This shouldn't be the case here, right? Duke will be used in passing situations and even possibly lined up outside as a WR, correct? And added value when there is a negative game-script?

1 minute ago, Mikeyvegas said:

I've heard talk Todd Haley only employing one RB (PIT model). This shouldn't be the case here, right? Duke will be used in passing situations and even possibly lined up outside as a WR, correct? And added value when there is a negative game-script?

God I hope this is wrong.  Chubb had ok hands at Georgia, not sure I can see him playing a Bell roll.

1 minute ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

God I hope this is wrong.  Chubb had ok hands at Georgia, not sure I can see him playing a Bell roll.

I think that at least initially, Chubb will get 1st and 2nd down and short yardage situations while Duke will be the 3rd and long guy and guy who is in if the Browns are behind and passing to try to catch up.

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I think that at least initially, Chubb will get 1st and 2nd down and short yardage situations while Duke will be the 3rd and long guy and guy who is in if the Browns are behind and passing to try to catch up.

Chubb would get Goal line carries also, I presume? 

Edited by Mikeyvegas

Chubb or Johnson - who owns this phallicy backfield?