The 7th Beatles

Duke Johnson 2018 Outlook

Also to the stat that he was RB11 last year - this was under a different OC. I think people are overlooking that aspect, which I think is most important and led to his lack of production this year. Not Hyde. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Also to the stat that he was RB11 last year - this was under a different OC. I think people are overlooking that aspect, which I think is most important and led to his lack of production this year. Not Hyde. 

Hyde could catch though, right? If Chubb can't, they will use Duke in that role?

Edited by Mikeyvegas

1 minute ago, mvttchew said:

Yes but you must remember they don't have any proven WR pass catchers other than Landry on the roster and last Sunday Duke was the most explosive guy on the field.  

They'd be a FOOL not to get Duke much more involved going forward.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Yes but you must remember they don't have any proven WR pass catchers other than Landry 

Forgot all about that guy. Ok, so it's still Landry, Duke, and Njoku as the main pass catchers

• Like 1

Chubb picked up a week ago for some reason. The guy dropped Hyde for him.. yeah, idiots that lucks into Ws sucks. Really want Duke, but not sure who to drop for him. Lamar Miller, Will Fuller, Chris Carson and Barber are the alternatives.. non ppr. Not sure if I want to drop any of them. Maybe fuller considering im pretty stacked at wr. Any thoughts?

• Haha 1

"If you're a defensive coordinator and if there's one guy to stop and you just stop that one guy, your chances go up of winning the game, so why not try to stop that one guy and just see who else can beat you?'' Landry said. ).  

Duke is being underutilized (not only as a receiver) but just as a receiving RB he should thrive against the Bucs who are giving up a ton of yards to receiving backs.  From ROTO before the trade:

With 41.7 receiving yards per game the past three outings, Johnson is finally earning some steady inclusion in the passing phase again. The Buccaneers, meanwhile, have allowed 66.6 receiving yards per game to tailbacks, third most in the NFL. There is still a good bit of risk given Johnson's lack of reliable usage this season, but the matchup and recent trends align for a sneaky flex play in deeper leagues.

-----------------------------------------------------

Duke started out with a bad game and that was clearly an anomaly if you look at what he's done every game since the first game but the poor catch rates for Callaway and Landry have been  their all year. 

Antonio Callaway

• 37.5% Catch rate (over past 5 games 38.46 %)

Jarvis Landry

• 46.3% Catch rate (over past 5 games (over past 5 games 46.15 %)

Duke Johnson

• 63.3% Catch rate (over the past 5 games 81.3%)

Duke should be used more in the passing game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pne094 said:

Chubb picked up a week ago for some reason. The guy dropped Hyde for him.. yeah, idiots that lucks into Ws sucks. Really want Duke, but not sure who to drop for him. Lamar Miller, Will Fuller, Chris Carson and Barber are the alternatives.. non ppr. Not sure if I want to drop any of them. Maybe fuller considering im pretty stacked at wr. Any thoughts?

What a dumb thing to complain about. He was picked up and held in my league since his 2 TD game

• Like 1

If higgins gets healthy he would cut into johnson's workload I think. higgins was doing well before he got hurt. He is out this week but thats a caution too for johnson owners

Snagged both Duke & Chubb in one league. Are both startable? My only other options are Ito & the Crow... :unsure:

Just a reminder. Duke had 61 /53 /74 receptions in his first 3 years in the league and never missed a game. This year he only has 14 receptions. I expect him to easily top 50 again with some TDs sprinkled in between. Bottom line, he should be owned in every PPR league.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, spidybl said:

If higgins gets healthy he would cut into johnson's workload I think. higgins was doing well before he got hurt. He is out this week but thats a caution too for johnson owners

Last year there was no Higgins but Gordon was there.  Teams are ganging up to stop Landry right now as the only threat.  I doubt Higgins will affect Duke's production given his past history productivity in the league, plays at a different position and is money as a pass-catcher. 

• 81.3% Catch rate over the past 5 games.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Naboo said:

Just a reminder. Duke had 61 /53 /74 receptions in his first 3 years in the league and never missed a game. This year he only has 14 receptions. I expect him to easily top 50 again with some TDs sprinkled in between. Bottom line, he should be owned in every PPR league.

Should he be owned in non ppr leagues?

4 minutes ago, Jason123 said:

Should he be owned in non ppr leagues?

If the guy at the end of your bench ain`t too valuable, I would definitely pick him up in standard to see how the workload is divided between him and Chubb.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Guessing no?  Somebody smarter chime in.

I would say no unless it’s very deep, his value is coming from pass catching, can’t see him scoring a ton of TDs either.

I think he’s a solid flex option moving forward. One less mouth to feed with Hyde gone. If he can get 5 carries and 5 -7 catches, that’s decent in a PPR role. If it doesn’t work out, ya drop him. Little to no risk. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MasonBlue said:

I think he’s a solid flex option moving forward. One less mouth to feed with Hyde gone. If he can get 5 carries and 5 -7 catches, that’s decent in a PPR role. If it doesn’t work out, ya drop him. Little to no risk. 

6 minutes ago, MasonBlue said:

This is GREAT news for Duke on the playing field and for FF. Duke is a special talent....better than or at least equal to Ekeler. But now, he will get more touches than Ekeler for sure. I just picked up Duke....already owned Chubb.

cha Ching 

24 minutes ago, Naboo said:

If the guy at the end of your bench ain`t too valuable, I would definitely pick him up in standard to see how the workload is divided between him and Chubb.

I cut a good WR to get him but like you said, I wanted both he and Chubb so let’s see this week how things look. Personally, I think both are going to serve me well. I see Duke better than Chris Thompson

47 minutes ago, Naboo said:

Cleveland finally got smart. Duke has been underutilized this year and they know it. Chubb has been underutilized this year and they know it. Hyde is good but his ceiling is smaller than Chubb and Duke is a proven 3rd down back with td potential. 

1 hour ago, mvttchew said:

Bingo....this new OC isn’t as brilliant in his usage of Duke, but maybe his eyes have been opened to what he now sees he has in both Duke and Chubb

If they split Duke out, with Chubbs in the backfield, he would be significantly more valuable to the Browns and FF. Can’t trust any coach to see the light, though. Most of them get stuck in the mentality that their way WILL work. 

• Like 1

I'm really regretting not getting johnson. picked up chubb though but in a full ppr. you can only cut so much from your team. I do think both have relevance though.

11 minutes ago, spidybl said:

I'm really regretting not getting johnson. picked up chubb though but in a full ppr. you can only cut so much from your team. I do think both have relevance though.

Is it too late to get him

Edited by TennisMenace