Sign in to follow this  
hailfire4

Caps as Champs

I would bet the Capitals visit the White House since they are there anyway. The NFL and the NBA are apparently passing on their White House visits for some petty reasons. Then again after 4 straight years of the Warriors Cavaliers championships nobody cares outside of those 2 cities. I wonder if Mueller thinks Ovechkin going to the White House is more Russian conspiracy he is trying to invent?

Yeah I'm assuming they'll go. Pittsburgh went last year when the question of whether to go or not was more pressing. I understand that some guys don't want to go because they think it shows that they support the president (when they don't), but I don't really see it like that. It's just another publicity obligation that the players endure. I'm sure guys don't want to do press conferences after every game, but it's part of the gig. And if they really don't like the president that much, why wouldn't they want to try to get a few minutes with him to quickly discuss whatever is bothering them about their country? Although the conversation would be limited, I'm sure they could probably swing a quick conversation in there if they really have some political concerns. So I don't see the harm in going. Nevertheless, I just think people make a bigger deal out of this than it actually is.