My Dinner With Andre

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

17 minutes ago, a-rob said:

Not going to work. Draymond and Durant can protect the paint, Ingram and LeBron cannot

Yeah because the Lakers need Tim Duncan and David Robinson in the paint at the same time defensively in 2018. FOH. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, a-rob said:

Not going to work. Draymond and Durant can protect the paint, Ingram and LeBron cannot

It's pretty unfair to look at any lineup in comparison to the Warriors, except for maybe one lineup for Houston and oddly enough, another for the Thunder, although they can't seem to keep it consistent enough in the playoffs.  Through the specific Warriors lens, every lineup will look massively undermanned.  I think most would admit, there's a lot of nice potential revolving around the best player on the planet.  The issue is, for now, that's all it is.... a lot of potential.  Looking at most advanced metrics, the young Lakers are still works in progress and that's not a biting criticism, it simply is where they are in their development.  In other words, it's normal. 

Now, being young, they should take a step forward in their natural arc next year by sheer repetition and experience, although we all understand, progression in sports is hardly linear.  Another retort will probably be playing with Lebron will make them shine more and make them look better.  However, the data is mixed at best for this phenomenon and it seems to simply vary player by player (below is a link to one article) and is not consistent enough to be reliable.  Therefore, it looks good on paper because of the hype of some of these younger player, but knowing how good this specific lineup or really how good the Lakers will be overall will hinge on how big a step forward guys like Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, and Hart can take, because last season, they were more potential than winning basketball players....

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23684417/kevin-pelton-weekly-mailbag-does-lebron-james-make-teammates-better

• Thanks 1

Michael Beasley can play center for their death line-up. But seriously, I think Beasley is a good risk for them, I think LeBron can make him better

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a-rob said:

Michael Beasley can play center for their death line-up. But seriously, I think Beasley is a good risk for them, I think LeBron can make him better

Please, please let this happen...for pure entertainment value.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, a-rob said:

He really can't. Beasley is actually extra useless in LA because he'd probably be a good bench scorer on a team with 0 depth, except that the Lakers have great depth and he doesn't pass.