My Dinner With Andre

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

They may just be playing it safe since those games are against Cleveland and Chicago.  Big picture it's best not to come back too soon and risk re-injury in games they can win without him.  Just speculating, I bet they are circling that January 17 game @ OKC for him to return.

It better be close to that at the very least.  I assume it was the team that gave the initial "diagnosis", and if so, they really lied about how much of a big deal the injury was.

It's obviously the right thing to do (not rushing back), but it's also getting annoying that the rare update we get each week is that he'll be out another week.  My team is staying afloat, but it would still be nice for him to be back soon.

I have LeBron on my fantasy squad and the past few weeks have been tough with him out.. oh well.

LeBron is my favorite player, all time GOAT in my eyes.  It’s smart for him to sit and be 100% sure the injury is healed before coming back.  Heck, I wouldn’t mind if he misses two more weeks.

1 hour ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Still don’t believe he’s injured

What would he gain by faking an injury other than free rest while simultaneously showcasing/increasing the trade value of the Lakers' young assets a few weeks before the trade deadline? 

Waaiiit a minute now . . . 

:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

What would he gain by faking an injury other than free rest while simultaneously showcasing/increasing the trade value of the Lakers' young assets a few weeks before the trade deadline? 

Waaiiit a minute now . . . 

:ph34r:

That could be true but Lonzo and BI are sabotaging his efforts. 

Is this considered as the first real bad injury for Lebron? He has been very durable through his career. I get that he wants to be back when 100% but the Laker young cats really need him for making that playoff.

38 minutes ago, cucubing said:

Is this considered as the first real bad injury for Lebron? He has been very durable through his career. I get that he wants to be back when 100% but the Laker young cats really need him for making that playoff.

Lakers have one of the toughest schedules in the backend of the season. I assume they'll rest Lebron until then/if they have slip out of contention by a decent amount. 

16 hours ago, kane said:

looks like he needs to find time to act in Space Jam 2 smh....wish i didnt trade for him in my dynasty league...gave up the pick that luke doncic >,> 

• Haha 1

In my opinion Lakers will not make playoffs this year, regardless if LeBron plays or not

• Like 1

So we should sell high while we can?

5 hours ago, Brandayz said:

So we should sell high while we can?

He could still be out for multiple weeks or he could be back soon.  Just because he supposedly made that statement doesn't mean it will actually be multiple weeks until he's back out on the court.

Also, it doesn't matter who the player is.  You're not going to be selling high on him with him being out and having no timetable for his return.  If you can get a great return for him, sure, but I highly doubt anybody is willing to give up a 1st round caliber talent right now that LeBron is worth (or 2nd round even).

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

He could still be out for multiple weeks or he could be back soon.  Just because he supposedly made that statement doesn't mean it will actually be multiple weeks until he's back out on the court.

Also, it doesn't matter who the player is.  You're not going to be selling high on him with him being out and having no timetable for his return.  If you can get a great return for him, sure, but I highly doubt anybody is willing to give up a 1st round caliber talent right now that LeBron is worth (or 2nd round even).

But if Lakers is out of the playoff race will Bron be shut down then you Think?

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

LBJ owners, would you take Markkanen on a 1-on-1?

Surely you're joking.

12 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Yes, I could beat Markkanen 1-on-1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Yes, I could beat Markkanen 1-on-1.

I’d probably lose 7-5 tbh 

13 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Disclaimer first:  I do not own LBJ

Call me crazy, but I would take this offer. There are about 30 meaningful games from fantasy basketball point of view. At the moment Markkanen is playing, LBJ is not.  How many more games LBJ will miss with his current injury is unknown.  And with the Lakers upcoming schedule they could be out of playoff race by mid March.   Just in time for fantasy playoffs to shut down LBJ

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

Call me crazy, but I would take this offer. There are about 30 meaningful games from fantasy basketball point of view. At the moment Markkanen is playing, LBJ is not.  How many more games LBJ will miss with his current injury is unknown.  And with the Lakers upcoming schedule they could be out of playoff race by mid March.   Just in time for fantasy playoffs to shut down LBJ

I really don’t see a LBJ shutdown... if I was the Lakers brass, I’d make sure we made the playoffs for these reasons:

1. Free agents want to be on contenders not pretenderss

2. What’s the best way to grow young guys? Playoff basketball so that next year when they get LBJ + superstar, they’ll have playoff experience

3. The fan base would crucify not only LBJ but the entire team if they don’t make the playoffs 

4. It keeps LBJ happy because we all know he’d get destroyed by all the Kobe and MJ fan boys if he can’t get this lakers squad to the playoffs...

5. My personal favourite, the NBA won’t allow that to happen

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

If you're worried about Lebron being shut down you could do A LOT better than Markkanen. No way in hell I would take Markkanen for Lebron.

11 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

I really don’t see a LBJ shutdown... if I was the Lakers brass, I’d make sure we made the playoffs for these reasons:

1. Free agents want to be on contenders not pretenderss

2. What’s the best way to grow young guys? Playoff basketball so that next year when they get LBJ + superstar, they’ll have playoff experience

3. The fan base would crucify not only LBJ but the entire team if they don’t make the playoffs 

4. It keeps LBJ happy because we all know he’d get destroyed by all the Kobe and MJ fan boys if he can’t get this lakers squad to the playoffs...

5. My personal favourite, the NBA won’t allow that to happen

I can actually agree to 2 and 5.   For no #1, I honestly do not see top tier free agent who will join Lakers next year.

40 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I can actually agree to 2 and 5.   For no #1, I honestly do not see top tier free agent who will join Lakers next year.

The Lakers need Bradley Beal.. that would be the perfect addition.

I don't think LeBron cares to bust his butt to come back.

Why? So he can drag the Lakers to a 7th or 8th and get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs?

Best to take one's time and come back when you're fully healthy with the Lakers out of it--that way your absence can be the reason the Lakers missed the playoffs and you'll be free of blame.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

The Lakers need Bradley Beal.. that would be the perfect addition.

The only way for the Lakers to get Beal would be in trade, which would have the double effect of destroying their upcoming summer cap flexibility while simultaneously adding a player who would not make a meaningful impact. Why would they give up assets just to ruin Magic's two-summer plan?

People have been trying to trade Beal to the Lakers for months for this reason. It isn't working.

Stephen A. Smith tried to trade Beal to the Lakers too. Didn't work for him either.

The only player under guaranteed contract for the Lakers is LeBron James, they have multiple young trade assets, all the cap space in the world, and in a few months there will be more free agents (200+) available than any summer in NBA history.

They're going to throw all of that away for Bradley Beal? :lol: