My Dinner With Andre

LeBron James 2018-19 Season Thread

13 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Still don't get it. Not sure why LeBron wanted to go there, but it at least makes the Lakers relevant. You know, for the long suffering Lakers fans, like eight years old who haven't lived though a Lakers championship.

He's got other interests and he wanted his son to play in the nearby system...... I think this effectively closes the case on MJ vs LBJ, but being secure in your own skin and legacy should be cool enough.

And the Lakers can still make moves to make themselves more competitive.  Frankly, they're going to have to...... No more space right now but they can still trade or renounce Randle.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think this effectively closes the case on MJ vs LBJ

Lol? How? 

Because this absolutely cements LeBron as a ring chaser. You cant be a mercenary and still be considered the greatest.

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Lol? How? 

Because, at this point he is going to a conference that is already stacked with (PG13, Kawhi, Westbrook, the Warriors, Harden, CP3 and Anthony Davis). The Warriors are still the favorites at this point and it's a rat chase in the east. At this point I don't think he is chasing rings anymore, because he is signing a 3 year contract (player option for 4th) that puts him at 38 years old, there is nothing left for him to do. He went from one of the best teams in the East to one of the worst teams in the West.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Because, at this point he is going to a conference that is already stacked with (PG13, Kawhi, Westbrook, the Warriors, Harden, CP3 and Anthony Davis). The Warriors are still the favorites at this point and it's a rat chase in the east. At this point I don't think he is chasing rings anymore, because he is signing a 3 year contract (player option for 4th) that puts him at 38 years old, there is nothing left for him to do. He went from one of the best teams in the East to one of the worst teams in the West.

196157.gif

haha so the Cavs are now all of a sudden "one of the best teams in the East". I thought they were one of the worst teams according to LeBron fans when claiming he carried this team to the Finals. Funny how people twist things to suit their arguments. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

196157.gif

35-47.

They had the 5th worst record in the West. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

haha so the Cavs are now all of a sudden "one of the best teams in the East". I thought they were one of the worst teams according to LeBron fans when claiming he carried this team to the Finals. Funny how people twist things to suit their arguments. 

I mentioning in terms of him being on the team, they clearly was a Finals team. Of course now they are not the best and they clearly are a long shot to make the playoffs. If Lebron stays on the Cavaliers, despite their troubles they would still at least get to the ECF.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers

35-47.

They had the 5th worst record in the West. 

Clippers fans are so predictable.

Just now, miasma16 said:

Clippers fans are so predictable.

I suppose. So how is the MJ vs Lebron debate still alive then?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I suppose. So how is the MJ vs Lebron debate still alive then?

I asked how it isn't, and you're clearly incapable of answering my question.

Edited by miasma16

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

I asked how it isn't, and you're clearly incapable of answering my question.

I asked you a question, I answered.  

I just said why. He is probably looking at retirement. Why else would you sign with the Lakers? It's not like before we he joined when there was another superstar already there (Kyrie, Wade/Bosh) so you think he is going to ring chase with Ball & Ingram? I know the FA period isn't over, but as it stands now, how does him moving West give him a chance to win more rings in a stacked East when he was getting to the finals 7 years in a row in the "weak" East. Do you honestly think he is going to get past the Warriors/Thunder/Rockets? 

Posted (edited)

lakers need to do all they can to get Kawhi. Look at what happened to PG13, wait another year you never know what will happen. Also if they don't get kawhi now, I feel they will be pressured to match Randle's offer from other teams. LBJ- Randle- Ingram- Ball - Boogie (assuming they can sign him??) is not good enough to eliminate the Warriors. Ball can't shoot, Ingram still a question mark if he can improve strength and other aspects of his game. then you got Kuzma and Randle in a time share. They need to trade for Kawhi, even add first rounders. LBJ committed to them long term, something he couldn't do with the Cavs. He did that to give Magic the go signal to deal your future picks to win now.

also i think LBJ decided to make announcement early, because LAL are in play for DMC, this will give LAL leverage to recruit DMC now

Edited by sya

I think this is the beginning of LeBron's decline if they don't add kawhi.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sya said:

lakers need to do all they can to get Kawhi. Look at what happened to PG13, wait another year you never know what will happen. Also if they don't get kawhi now, I feel they will be pressured to match Randle's offer from other teams. LBJ- Randle- Ingram- Ball - Boogie (assuming they can sign him??) is not good enough to eliminate the Warriors. Ball can't shoot, Ingram still a question mark if he can improve strength and other aspects of his game. then you got Kuzma and Randle in a time share. They need to trade for Kawhi, even add first rounders. LBJ committed to them long term, something he couldn't do with the Cavs. He did that to give Magic the go signal to deal your future picks to win now.

also i think LBJ decided to make announcement early, because LAL are in play for DMC, this will give LAL leverage to recruit DMC now

Nah, they don't. Lebron signed a long-term deal (quite unexpectedly). He's in it for the long haul, and whether they trade assets for Kawhi or not, if Kawhi doesn't want to be in LA in a year, he won't be here. PG is an example, but so is Dwight.

You sure have a lot of questions about 3 20-year-olds. Randle and Kuzma won't share anything, if Randle is a Laker he'll get most of his minutes at center. I have no idea how you think adding Kawhi and trading away depth somehow makes the Lakers into a team that can beat Golden State this year. They can't beat them either way.

Edited by miasma16

4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Nah, they don't. Lebron signed a long-term deal (quite unexpectedly). He's in it for the long haul, and whether they trade assets for Kawhi or not, if Kawhi doesn't want to be in LA in a year, he won't be here. PG is an example, but so is Dwight.

You sure have a lot of questions about 3 20-year-olds. Randle and Kuzma won't share anything, if Randle is a Laker he'll get most of his minutes at center. I have no idea how you think adding Kawhi and trading away depth somehow makes the Lakers into a team that can beat Golden State this year. They can't beat them either way.

LBJ signed long term 3 years, so you think LBJ with Ingram Kuzma, Randle has a better shot than say LBJ, Kawhi? I'm not saying Kawhi-LBJ-DMC (assuming they can sign him) can beat the Warriors because again a superteam is just not about signing big names, they have to be perfect fit which is what makes the GSW so special. But that trio definitely has a better shot to win a title than LBJ with Kuzma Ingram 

2 minutes ago, sya said:

LBJ signed long term 3 years, so you think LBJ with Ingram Kuzma, Randle has a better shot than say LBJ, Kawhi? I'm not saying Kawhi-LBJ-DMC (assuming they can sign him) can beat the Warriors because again a superteam is just not about signing big names, they have to be perfect fit which is what makes the GSW so special. But that trio definitely has a better shot to win a title than LBJ with Kuzma Ingram 

No man, Lebron's gonna mentor them and in 2-3 years when he's 36-37, they'll be ready to really contend...... Most teams in the NBA are about stars unless you have elite coaching.  Is Luke Walton and elite coach???  Ahh..... I don't know.  But Lebron's in the West now, not beating up on AAA teams.  Right when Boston was ready to overtake Cleveland too.... imagine that.  Lebron is a huge, huge catch, there's no doubt, but I don't think he signed up for benevolent teacher hoping to one day ride the coat tails of these 21 and 22 year olds.... But never know.  Maybe this is zen Lebron.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sya said:

Huh? I think all of those combinations have about a 0% chance of beating them this year. Next year they get Kawhi as a free agent. Or they don't. It's just ignorant to mortgage the future to sign Kawhi a year early. It's assuming the same thing will happen as with PG for no reason other than that it's a thing that has happened.

Lmao Lebron won't be in LA for 4 years, they just signed Lance

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Lmao Lebron won't be in LA for 4 years, they just signed Lance

Lance and Lebron, this is the best news of the day

• Haha 1

What’s happening with IT2, are they bringing him back to play with Lebron?

1 hour ago, jstep13 said:

You don't think he carried them to the finals?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

What’s happening with IT2, are they bringing him back to play with Lebron?

if they cannot attract other big name FAs, i can envision LAL giving IT2 a one year contract